janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hodgepodge Hollow

[Post New]by janspack on Jan 4, 11 4:54 AM
I agree with some of the other reviewers - this is a really sweet game but just not for me. It is very repetitive. If you like straight HOGs with a tiny bit of interactive play, then it will be a great game for you.

The graphics are beautiful, the objects well hidden but not impossible so all in all, a very nice game, just not for me.

Mouse381
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Mouse381 on Jan 4, 11 5:23 AM
Thisis a beautiful game!
I like alot of the darker games, but this one I like. It's light, fun, cute, and the artwork is exquisite. I'm NOT at all a fan of gnomes(thanks Travelocity! ), but this is fun. I'm going to buy it!

Edited on 01/04/2011 at 5:25:11 AM PST

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Jan 4, 11 5:26 AM
Jolly Bear Games are some of my favorite - kinda simple, but yet fun and relaxing! I need relaxing right now, under a lot of stress from DH cancer, so will definately give it a try later on today.

Edited on 01/04/2011 at 5:27:06 AM PST

smallbrowncat
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by smallbrowncat on Jan 4, 11 6:55 AM
I agree MURPHY. I am stressed at the moment too and this game is perfect for stress relieving. It is a cute game and a nice change from witches, cemeteries, and asylums. I have about 36 minutes of free play left and I will be buying it. Some of the HOGs are well hidden and some easy to find. All in all I am finding it a nice change of pace.

Pely
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Pely on Jan 4, 11 6:58 AM
heatherington wrote:Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute. I love it! It's a definite buy for me. Enchanting! Which is what I like. All you had to say was "Jolly Bear" anyway. And I had to laugh when I saw the "chick weed" that was too cute. Did I mention that this was just a cute little game, easy to play. A great change of pace from haunted houses, archeological digs, grandfathers lost and generally dark and dreary stuff.

I love this game...Like Heatherington I enjoy cute fun games. The graphics and the different "chores" keep it from being boring. So far I've only needed the hints for the last object on a few pages when I get impatient to move on.

The lightness of the scenes and the lack of timer have made this a definite purchase, especially when I could use the "free code" from last month. There are so many of the dark and gloomy Hidden Object games that I just can't see well enough to play that I'm finding this a nice change.

Edited on 01/04/2011 at 6:59:15 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 4, 11 7:09 AM
Cuteness personified. Its like you just stepped into Aw-ville. I like it. Nice graphics and the music is real soothing (to me). Ya gotta be young and/or young at heart for this one. If it was longer, I would probably buy it.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 4, 11 7:13 AM
nice game but way too easy

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Jan 4, 11 7:15 AM
Highly relaxing and whimsical, I love this game. No timers, creative artwork and items to find, cute potions to whip up. I especially love the art - the characters are very reminiscent of Brian Froud's artwork with his fairy series and muppet work.

Looking for murder mysteries and beating the clock? This isn't your game.

Looking to relax after a stressful day with some lovely harp music and some fantasy? This is a good game to unwind with. I'm buying it.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Jan 4, 11 7:30 AM
I never seem to agree with anyone in the forums. I thought this game was ok for kids, but not for me. I guess I'm spoiled with the great adventure hog games out. I, personally, found this game to just be plain silly! Oh well....happy gaming to all!

The odd duck in the fish pond

Edited on 01/04/2011 at 7:30:55 AM PST

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Jan 4, 11 7:58 AM
I really liked this game. It was light and fun and whimsical. Just like opening a fairy tale book with wonderful illustrations when I was a kid. Would not like a daily program of this type of game but, for a change, it is refreshing and uplifting.

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Jan 4, 11 8:19 AM
Fun game! Very high on cuteness factor. I prefer the darker more challenging games, but a little high quality marshmallow fluff is a good change of pace. I will enjoy this and will also be able to play this with my grandaughter. Great fun.

patjoy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,880 Posts

[Post New]by patjoy on Jan 4, 11 8:28 AM
Off to play the game. Wish my granddaughter was still on vacation so she could play too. Probably a buy for me. Errr, us.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Jan 4, 11 9:10 AM
Very cute , just not my type of game. Easy on the eyes and relaxing. I could have this one in my inventory for the grandchildren and have a great time with them. All in all , I feel it is a great little hog, no stress, lots of fun factor and could teach how to follow directions by making the potions. For those that like this kind, enjoy!!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jan 4, 11 10:04 AM
So cute! I love an occasional game with a low stress level and a break from the darker games, which are my favorites. The music is soothing and the graphics cute. Game is unique. I'm still playing the demo, but looks like this will be a buy!

Edited on 01/04/2011 at 10:06:21 AM PST

[Post New]by colorsplash on Jan 4, 11 10:30 AM
Not for me...too boring. A great game for the youngins tho!

GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on Jan 4, 11 11:41 AM
Just wanted to weigh in on the positive side for this game. The artwork is really beautiful and the style allows the objects to be hidden quite well. Don't think I'll be buying since I don't see a lot of replayability, but I'd consider for a daily deal. I thoroughly enjoyed the hour demo.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Jan 4, 11 12:26 PM
This game left me wishing that my 2 yr old GS was older so we could play together. It really is such a cute little game! If you have small children or grandchildren, give this game a try because I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with the little ones.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 4, 11 12:31 PM
Great family game! Really enjoyed the whimsical characters - especially the gnomes. Now I know what my gnomes in the garden are up to when I'm not paying attention. I did find the game repetitive but that's just me. All in all... a cute game.

[Post New]by antannie on Jan 4, 11 12:32 PM
I would really like to try this game however, the try/buy buttons are appearing in the description portion of the screen and it will not allow me to download it.
It is nice to know that someone else is having the same problem[found on another thread] but it doesn't help me in downloading it. :-(

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 4, 11 12:53 PM
The graphics are lovley. The gameplay is HOG and interactive HOG when mixing potions. The game is easy and hte hints are unlimited and recharge quickly. The storyline is that a dragon stole the gnome's spellbook and they are trying to recreate it. with your help.

This game is an A.

Go to: