Re:Post any Hidden Object Crosswords technical issues here only

[Post New]by lhbasden on Jan 6, 11 12:23 AM
I'm also having trouble getting the game to work properly, and I suspect my graphics card is insufficient for the game. I have tried to play other games such as the Monkey Island games and Wallace and Gromit --all of which are from Telltale Games--where I've seen a similar slowdown, and that was the issue. If this is the case, perhaps explaining the need for superior graphics capabilities might be helpful to customers. I didn't find any such information on the game's page here on BFG.

eyesore
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by eyesore on Jan 6, 11 6:12 AM
Yep...install, re-install, update, delete custom curser... whatever. Drags along working only every now and then. Hope it gets "fixed."

Absolutely LOVE the concept. Wonder if the levels ever get really difficult or remain at grade school level. Have been looking for an updated word game.

[Post New]by bazeli on Jan 6, 11 6:59 AM
lordkalvan wrote:The game works just fine on my Win7 computer playing in windowed mode. On my Vista computer it refuses to play in windowed mode and the dang thing flashes black screen/desktop rather than showing me the game to play. The Vista computer's resolution is 1280x768, and the Win7's resolution is 1280x800.

I assume that increasing the resolution enough that I can play in windowed mode will help. I'm just going to stick to playing on Win7 unless somebody has another solution, because my eyes can't handle higher resolutions.

I could not get this game to work as described by several other fishes but after changing my screen resolution from 1690x1050 to 1280x800 Ifind it is working just fine

[Post New]by alison978 on Jan 6, 11 7:33 AM
jennsmom wrote:How frustrating. I kept thinking maybe I missed something in the directions, but I was following all the instructions. Nevertheless, no matter what the riddle, I could not click on anything and have the riddle solved. It just told me I had missed (can't remember the exact wording) the word. Listen, when the answer is C_A_T, I didn't miss it.

The concept sounded so appealing, I'm going to uninstall and reinstall it and try again. But, right now, I'm very disappointed.

Edit: Uninstalled and reinstalled and it simply will not work. I could click objects until my clicker was kaput. Rats!

Same problem, same riddle! I thought it was just me on the slow and choppy movement, but appears to be the game. I was excited to play this one since it's a bit different, but I'm very frustrated! Glad I tried the trial before I bought it...I'd want a refund!!

AmberKB
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by AmberKB on Jan 6, 11 11:03 AM
Slooooow. It's a shame! I really liked the idea of it. But after a while, the switching back and forth between the board and the Hidden Object Scene...it got frustrating.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 6, 11 4:31 PM
Hi Fishies!

I included a link to our Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen help article a little while back that may come in handy for some of you, but I wanted to also put in one for our Screen Resolution help article. If you're having any trouble with the game's display, I'd recommend to check it out.

Otherwise, for any continued trouble, please be sure to get in touch with our Customer Support team. They can be reached via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

LYNNEWHITNEY
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by LYNNEWHITNEY on Jan 6, 11 6:00 PM
This game was recommended to me so I've downloaded it TWICE but it will not play. Flashing screens / windows of BF website and the game (I assume) is a rectangle box on the left top - can only do CNTR-ALT-DEL to get it closed - but only after I've been able to get the Task Manager box to be extracted from the series of flashing screens since this box then joined the others! I re-installed brand new an old Pat Sajak Trivia Gems last night with no problem - I've downloaded most games with no problem (newer and the older $2,99 DD) but more frequently now a new or an old just does this flashing thing so I give up on trying to buy it. I have a brand new computer 10 months old. Unfortunately there are MANY games I just bought without trying the demo so I may be REALLLLLLLLY out of luck if they won't install! Is there specific help?

Edited on 01/06/2011 at 6:01:35 PM PST

Skyered
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Skyered on Jan 7, 11 2:45 PM
UPDATE, I fixed the problem, changed from 32 bits to 16 bits, works great!!!! LOVE THE GAME!!!! Off to buy.

Sometimes I am very computer challenged.

Thanks
Have a great evening and weekend.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Jan 8, 11 2:24 PM
Can't get the game to work (clicked on the cat - nothing; clicked on the hint button - nothing). Tried everything suggested on the Help Pages, but still nothing. Very frustrating. BFG - any ideas?

Thanks.
Gail

LYNNEWHITNEY
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by LYNNEWHITNEY on Jan 8, 11 6:52 PM
Just an update to below - I just downloaded and installed MCF 13th Skull and the game plays fine! I did need to use the Windows Compatability option of "reinstall using recommened settings" and voila! So I'm thinking my new computer is not the issue since the **** Crossword game is 2011 also ... eh?

posted in Hidden Object Crosswords on Jan 6, 11 6:00 PM
This game was recommended to me so I've downloaded it TWICE but it will not play. Flashing screens / windows of BF website and the game (I assume) is a rectangle box on the left top - can only do CNTR-ALT-DEL to get it closed - but only after I've been able to get the Task Manager box to be extracted from the series of flashing screens since this box then joined the others! I re-installed brand new an old Pat Sajak Trivia Gems last night with no problem - I've downloaded most games with no problem (newer and the older $2,99 DD) but more frequently now a new or an old just does this flashing thing so I give up on trying to buy it. I have a brand new computer 10 months old. Unfortunately there are MANY games I just bought without trying the demo so I may be REALLLLLLLLY out of luck if they won't install! Is there specific help?

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Jan 9, 11 4:09 PM
Skyered wrote:UPDATE, I fixed the problem, changed from 32 bits to 16 bits, works great!!!! LOVE THE GAME!!!! Off to buy.

Sometimes I am very computer challenged.

Thanks
Have a great evening and weekend.

Thanks very much, Skyered. It works now!

But, every time I exit, the game doesn't save and I have to start all over again at Stage 1. Very frustrating. I've already bought, so will be contacting Customer Support. Thanks again for your help!

[Post New]by fae425 on Jan 10, 11 12:18 PM
It looks like I am joing a big group of people loving the game but having the same problem I am having

Now I have one more I have done a level but the 3 stars don't come up so I can move to the next label I have replayed the one not showing up over and over and it never shows up I don't know what the next move is

I guess I will trying uninstalling the game and then install it

I am having problems with a few downloads I was with real archade ( now gamehouse) for years and never had these problems

Maybe I should stay there

Fran
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 01/19/2011 at 4:55:55 PM PST

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Jan 14, 11 3:50 PM
I haven't gotten a response - every time I exit the game, I have to start again at the beginning. Why??? I've bought this game and it's very frustrating.

Thanks.
Gail

[Post New]by Nicos_Goddess on Jan 15, 11 7:09 AM
I was also a bit frustrated with this game at first.
I solved my technical issues by simply turning off the custom cursor and turning off fullscreen.
Works great now and we use Windows 7

~~hope it helps~~

[Post New]by bonniesz on Jan 19, 11 4:37 PM
I'm having the same issues posted by others in that nothing is clickable. I have a new computer, updated, and all my other games work fine. I KNOW a 3 letter word for 'has 9 lives' is CAT. Maybe I will try contacting support another day.

[Post New]by ttlookingglass on Jan 23, 11 5:45 AM
Downloaded the trial and my game did run properly with one exception. The bottom fifth of the screen doesn't show, as a result i can only get so far before i have to randomly click hoping to hit the right object. The rest of the screen appears normally and so this is very frustrating. Tried running the game in windowed mode but iy still came up as full screen. I'm running on XP. Any ideas?

[Post New]by bonniesz on Jan 23, 11 1:36 PM
Update: I followed someone's advice from a previous post and shrank the screen and unchecked custom cursor and at last, the game works.

[Post New]by Maggie_Cat on Feb 22, 11 12:27 PM
Am stuck on one of the levels. Have completed all three of the crosswords - all the answers are filled in, = however, it will not progress to the next level.
I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game, but it still does not recognize that one of the games is completed.

Any suggestions?
Am running Windows 7 on a laptop.

[Post New]by ejmcdon on Mar 8, 11 2:23 AM
Origonally installed game on win vista and it worked fine. We changed to win 7 and now it just has my desktop flashing all over . Updated flash player and reinstalled game but it does the same thing. I enjoyed the game and am really disappointed.

[Post New]by TenderMoon on Apr 17, 11 9:21 AM
Game (trial version) does not work on a six month old computer with Win 7 OS. All my other Big Fish Games work. Monitor flashes constantly and computer has to be rebooted to work correctly. There is obviously a problem with this game.

Go to: