[Post New]by Zobig on Jan 5, 11 6:08 AM
ditto for me to !

Wicked500
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hidden Object Crosswords

[Post New]by Wicked500 on Jan 5, 11 6:21 AM
Played the full demo. Don't know if I would get it, but it is really a change of pace to regular HOG. Hit the flying bright star?? looking thing that keeps popping up for a surprise.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 5, 11 6:29 AM
Hey, poodlebear, missed you! Have not been posting much myself but so glad to see you!!!

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Jan 5, 11 6:36 AM
I played the full demo, I was so absorbed by the game, time just flew by. I am at level 5, so the game size seems decent. What an enjoyable change. Find the object while solving a crossword puzzle, 2 of my favs. Timer is slow amd I ALMOST wish I could solve the words, but then, who would need the hidden objects (har).
The HOG scenes are junkpile. finding some of the objects is a challenge. slow timer forced me to work the game and not look for an easy way out. I will buy the game.

edit to fix the censor.

Edited on 01/05/2011 at 6:38:34 AM PST

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Jan 5, 11 6:39 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I love this game, So, to combine crossword and hog into one game, is a winner for me. Wish it had a wide screen mode,but the combo of my favirote games is a buy for me

I'd rate this:

"Fine Swine" but only if you like crossword & hog games.

My "Terms" for Hogs,IHogs,Frogs & Other types of games.

"FINE SWINE" Great game-bells and whistles,best,greatest, I love it.
"PIGLET" Good game-your basic run of the mill Hog. Only for true hog lover's.
"PORK BELLY" Likable for some,but not for everyone.
"TROTTER" Bad game-pig's foot,don't run away with buying it. lol
"PIG DOWN" and rolling in the mudd" -Bad Bad game, don't go near it or you'll get soiled. lol

Ms Lisa, VERY clever

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 5, 11 6:39 AM
The graphics are nice. The gameplay is a mix of HOG and crossword. You are given a crossword panel and you have to find the object that is the answer. There is a hint fairy that flits across the screen. I want a flyswatter to beat it as it becomes very annoying. There is a hint button, the flittering one is unnecessary. Many of the "riddles' are actually old wisdoms, ie An empty purse has few friends or When the cat's away, the mice will play. However, many of these are English sayings so I am not sure if they translate well to those who don't speak English as their first language or second. The game get rather dull in the higher levels as there mislabelings.

This game is a C-.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Jan 5, 11 6:41 AM
I love crossword puzzles and h/o games but this was frustrating on both fronts. The pace is very slow due to the crossword board popping up as you find each answer/object. I kept waiting for some variation but there was none. Not a buy for me. Too slow.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 5, 11 6:56 AM
Well after not having a Try It Button on the download page in IE8 this morning I then had to abandon my attempts to download it as I had to be topside for a few hours. When I tried to download it again still no button so I followed Imby's suggestion and tried Chrome and, there was the download area looking as it should be ... oh happy day .

I played this game for half an hour and found the graphics to be nice and clear but some of the clues are a bit obscure ... for me ... eg the best advice is found on the pillow ??? I am completely and utterly by that one as it is not a saying I have ever come across even though I got the answer by guesswork. I did end up with being told I was smart because I didn't use any clues though .

I have always felt that crosswords should be for relaxing and I found the helpful little butterfly annoying keep flying around. If I wanted a letter to help me I would click on hint, I don't want it in my face all the time while I am trying to find the objects.

It is certainly a novel idea for a hidden object game and it is one that you can pick up, do a level, and put down easily which are both good points in its favour but I will play the rest of the demo before coming to a conclusion as to whether to buy or not when I see what the rest of the clues are like.

Cherb

Welcome Back .....
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . O~~O
. . . . . . . . . . . . ( ..... )
. . . . . . . . . . . . ... +

mamacarole629
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by mamacarole629 on Jan 5, 11 6:59 AM
Hope everyone had a fun New Year!

What a unique idea. Am downloading now and will check back later.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jan 5, 11 7:00 AM
I don't know. I like crossword puzzles and I love HOGs so the concept was intriguing. Something got lost in translation, though. Part of the problem maybe just that. There were were several expressions, sayings, adages-whatever you want to call them. Several times I had difficulty because I was searching for a specific word only to figure out later, either by using a hint or solving other words that I was off the mark. One one occasion I clicked the object I thought was the answer. It was, but but there was different name for it. Graphics were okay-not all that crisp, but not dark or too blurry either. I didn't pay any attention to the music so it didn't put me off. The hint was very slow to load. I'm not sure how long-I didn't think to time it, but several times I found myself waiting for it. Overall, I wasn't really impresssed so this games not for me. Hope y'all enjoy it more than me.

Went back & finished demo-Hint button took 2 minutes & 15 seconds to recharge

edited to add above

Edited on 01/05/2011 at 7:13:20 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 5, 11 7:01 AM
Stevihj wrote:The graphics are nice. The gameplay is a mix of HOG and crossword. You are given a crossword panel and you have to find the object that is the answer. There is a hint fairy that flits across the screen. I want a flyswatter to beat it as it becomes very annoying. There is a hint button, the flittering one is unnecessary. Many of the "riddles' are actually old wisdoms, ie An empty purse has few friends or When the cat's away, the mice will play. However, many of these are English sayings so I am not sure if they translate well to those who don't speak English as their first language or second. The game get rather dull in the higher levels as there mislabelings.

This game is a C-.

I know exactly what you mean ... try this one

prp __
prp| i |
prp| i |
prp| i |
prp| i |
prp| i |
prp| i |
___| i |____
|########|
|########|
|########|
|########|
|########|
''''''''''''''''''''''''

bobrien45
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bobrien45 on Jan 5, 11 7:15 AM
Welcome back Poodlebear! Missed your reviews!

hellfern
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by hellfern on Jan 5, 11 7:18 AM
Interesting concept but I found some of the clues irrelevant and some of the scenes are too dark. Knew all the answers in the trial but could not always find the object. I like the game but not its fabrication! No buy for me!

Fykomfei
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Fykomfei on Jan 5, 11 7:24 AM
I'm a great fan of crossword puzzles - in my own language, which is not English. Some of the proverbs used here are similar to ours, some unknown. I like this game - so challenging for my understanding of English language and idioms!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jan 5, 11 7:39 AM
I BETA TESTED this one a few months ago...

I LOVE the of the mixture of games..

I have a coupon so I WILL be using it..

WELCOME HOME.....POODLEBEAR

Nice drawing CHERB of POODLEBEAR

Happy Gaming

PEN

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 5, 11 7:40 AM
The game is much to hard for me - I am a big fan from crossword puzzles in german (especially the ones, where you can also win prices!) but in english its much, much to hard for me and not really fun. I will try this game again, if its avaiable one day on the german bigfishgames site. But today: no sale for me

[Post New]by gamineannie on Jan 5, 11 7:47 AM
Fykomfei wrote:I'm a great fan of crossword puzzles - in my own language, which is not English. Some of the proverbs used here are similar to ours, some unknown. I like this game - so challenging for my understanding of English language and idioms!

I do all kinds of word puzzles in both English and German, but several proverbs were new to me, and may actually come from a completely different culture. Still thinking over purchasing this game. Graphics are fine, but the firefly/fairy gets very annoying and distracting. Managed to solve three puzzles in only 27 minutes (lol). A good concept combining two of my favorite activities, but the execution is a bit off. As several Fishies stated, the game is slow and the hint button even more so!
Hmmm, then again, I do still have credits from the last punch card. Maybe....

MissJack08
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by MissJack08 on Jan 5, 11 7:47 AM
POODLEBEAR! Sorry happy to see you are once again swimming in the pond.
Welcome back!

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Jan 5, 11 8:06 AM
I beta-tested this and loved it; just the right mix of hidden object and word game fun. I've been looking for it ever since.

Poodlebear, I too have a 23 inch screen and no trouble with pixelation---the game looks great on my computer. Are you able to adjust your resolution? That may make a difference.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Jan 5, 11 8:07 AM
Poodlebear wrote:Fabulous idea but on my 22" HD Display waaaaay to pixelly in full screen and way to small in a Window. I'm not going to adjust my resolution to accomodate a game. Cryin' shame because I love the concept and would snap it up if higher resolution.

I also have a 22 HD Display and my pixels were just fine. I love the game. It's a buy for me. Love HOG and love Crosswords. Wish I'd have thought of this. I'm not sure about replayability but for 6.99 you can't go wrong.

I was looking for something different and this is it. So far the only hint I had to use was baubles for the wrist. I'm not familiar with what the answer was.

If English is not your first language it should be a real learning experience.

This is a 4.5 star for me. Or as Lisa would say.... A fine Swine.

Edited on 01/05/2011 at 10:38:25 AM PST

Go to: