sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

Re:Post any Phantasmat Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jan 7, 11 2:59 AM
I downloaded the trial and had no problems with it. I actually enjoyed the game very much. I was on Level one , but it was just my speed and I was disappointed when the trial ended. I thought about buying it, but I am seeing all these issues with the posts here and I am hesitant.

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Jan 7, 11 5:14 AM
onelifesdream wrote:
PowderMonkey wrote:Okay I am no computer buff, so this is just a guess, but I recently bought a new and stronger PC (had to, the old one crashed completely) - specifically told the seller I wanted one that could handle games best way possible. With my old PC I often had problems similar to the ones mentioned here, but now I have no problems playing large file games. Not saying you should invest in a new PC, but suggesting not all PC's can handle large games....
Happy gaming, despite!

May I ask what computer you ended up buying? One of mine is on its way out and I will be needing to purchase a new one and have been trying to research and figure them out on my own, but there are soooo many.
Edited sp error

Sure - I have PM'ed you - I hope this isn't advertising - it's a Dell inspiron 580

jsfurman
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jsfurman on Jan 7, 11 7:52 AM
I am stuck at the diving suit. I have put all of the items on the suit. I have the valve but there is no place to put it. There is no active 'pump' that will take it. Any advice on what may be going wrong?

Thanks

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 7, 11 7:57 AM
jsfurman wrote:I am stuck at the diving suit. I have put all of the items on the suit. I have the valve but there is no place to put it. There is no active 'pump' that will take it. Any advice on what may be going wrong?
Thanks
jsfurman, the valve doesn't go on the suit. If you have all of the items on the suit, look to the right of the suit and the wooden bridge, near the ground. There is a pump there to place the valve on and then a puzzle to solve. Good Luck.

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on Jan 7, 11 6:39 PM
I have the other parts of the suit and the valve. I had moved the suit towards me before I had placed the objects, which I placed as I found them.
The strategy guide says the boot is to be found at the bar. On going to the bar, nothing happens. The door is still firmly locked. There is no sparkle on the window. I used the hint button and it told me to attach the boot, which I can't do because I don't have it. I have exited and gone back in.
HELP!
Did I do something in the wrong order? Will I have to start over? (Dire Grove had to be restarted five times.)
Other than this, the game is fantastic. Perhaps I jinxed myself by thinking I couldn't believe how far I have gone with no hitches.
I checked the guide. I don't think I missed anything. I have put in six keys in the basement. Could that cause a glitch?
I noticed in the guide that the bar has no pictures or how to get in. Could that make a difference?
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

[Post New]by Mrs_Tom_Robinson on Jan 8, 11 5:37 AM
I've had no problems until the cemetery and church tower. Once I go to the cemetery and back, and look at the heart shaped lock on the tower, the game stops and I get the message "Phantasmat.exe has stopped working". I've tried numerous times to get past this portion but can't do it.

jsfurman
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

No place for valve

[Post New]by jsfurman on Jan 8, 11 6:16 AM
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still, there is no pump in the diving suit basement. I have placed all the objects on the suit and the hint keeps telling me to put the valve on the pump but there is no link. Has anyone else experienced this glitch?

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 8, 11 8:27 AM
oh noooo! i got to the tower, then i get booted what is with that??? I don't feel very good about not being able to finish..My computer is ok, can someone tell me if your having the same problem I really don't want to start all over in this game I think there is a glitch at the tower????

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by drivin on Jan 8, 11 3:36 PM
I'd be happy to get 30 minutes into this game! The problem I am having is that there seems to be an invisible line, for lack of a better explanation, at the bottom of the screen and the cursor will not go below it for any reason. The inventory, hints button and tasks button can't be used because the cursor won't go down that far. I can't get past the first hidden object screen because what I need to click (a daisy) is below this invisible line. I was also unable to exit the game because "exit" is also in this area on the game menu.

I had to shut down the computer to get out of the game.

[Post New]by dkschenck on Jan 8, 11 3:36 PM
I have yet to see the game. I installed the game and whenever I try to play, it sends my screen into fits, either black, white, gray or stripes, so I have to reboot my computer (It even shuts down the Task Manager). I really wanted to try this game, but I guess I'll have to wait. And, I agree, Big Fish has the absolute best Customer Service rep in the business!!!!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 8, 11 3:50 PM
@drivin
What system are you playing this on? What resolution? Are you using a netbook? I have this same problem when I try to play the game on my netbook where I have to scroll around.

It does say:
Screen Resolution: 1024x768 pixels or higher

But that is on the actual game site, not BigFish.

phreec
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by phreec on Jan 8, 11 8:54 PM
hi!
d/l trial and LOVED it, so bought it when time ran out...trial shut down just as i collected the old lady's teacup, but after loading full version and re-starting game, the teacup is missing from my inventory and there is no longer an **** to collect it...so what now? should uninstall/reinstall correct that, or should i just create a new player? but either way, i wanted to report it in case it's actually a glitch or something, lol...
looking forward to continuing/finishing the game!!

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by drivin on Jan 9, 11 6:06 AM
Yes, I am playing this on my netbook.

mcurty wrote:@drivin
What system are you playing this on? What resolution? Are you using a netbook? I have this same problem when I try to play the game on my netbook where I have to scroll around.

It does say:

suzeq25
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by suzeq25 on Jan 9, 11 12:05 PM
Have a similar situation. I came up from the basement, needing to look for more gears for the elevator. When I came up, the hotel manager appeared and spoke. Now I'm stuck in the hotel lobby with nowhere to go. There is no access to the upstairs, outside, or back down into the basement. I am completely stuck
I'm not sure what to do at this point; I really don't want to delete and reload the game at this point since I'm halfway through. Is this just another glitch in the game?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 9, 11 12:44 PM
suzeq,
Do you mean you don't know what to do or stuck like your computer is not responding? I will assume like your computer is not responding. Try tapping on the glass of the aquarium. Do you hear knocking? If you can move outside or downstairs try that and then back in.

If neither of the above work. Try exiting the game and starting it up again.

Another suggestion is to exit the game and reboot you computer before starting again. Sometimes the memory needs to be cleared out and this clears out all those scraps of "stuff".
m

suzeq25
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by suzeq25 on Jan 9, 11 1:22 PM
Thanks mcurty! I happened to get the solution of clicking on the fishtank from fellow fishy Sedbee in another thread. What was happening was that the game itself would not allow me to move out of the hotel lobby at all! I couldn't go down to the basement, upstairs, or out of the hotel, access to any other area was blocked by the game. I didn't even think of the fishtank since the cursor didn't change at all when I went over it. All is well now. Thanks again for your help

[Post New]by KatrinaFee on Jan 9, 11 6:39 PM
mcurty wrote:@drivin

Thanks @mcurty--but even when I change my settings to 1024x768 I have the same problem as @driver. The cursor will not go below the invisible line.

Also: if you change from custom cursor to normal cursor the problem disappears--but what your cursor actually points at and what it 'clicks' is about an inch apart, which is extremely irritating, and I couldn't get an inch below the bottom of teh screen (obviously) to click on the hint button...

And did anyone else move to match 3 mode and find it was a tiny inset window in the top left hand corner of the screen and that was all? Strange.

With netbooks and tablets becoming more and more popular, and the obvious way to play casual games, I hope that developers will focus more on making great games playable on smaller interfaces!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 9, 11 7:31 PM
@Katrina
All of the problems that you mention are the same ones that I have with my Netbook. I know they were trying to make it compatible with Netbooks, but I think the time factor got in the way and all of the quirks could not be solved by their release deadline. I have put in an SOS to Codeminion, but I do not think there will be a fix at this time.

If you really want to play the Match 3, you can do that. Alt-Tab out to minimize then Alt-Tab back into the program and the Match 3 is normal size. The cursor issue may still make it impossible - I haven't tried it.

Sorry, no good news about the Netbook play.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 10, 11 6:10 AM
I can't believe i got to the tower and got booted out of the game, which meant I lost the hammer, I got upset, but i made another profile, while in the game i would exit game once in awhile to save my things, I got to completely finish the game..This is one of the best games i have played, even with that glitch..
thx BF..

nWo26
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by nWo26 on Jan 10, 11 6:06 PM
For some reason when I download the game, it validates then starts downloading again

Go to: