Re:Post any Crossworlds: The Flying City technical issues here only

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Jan 8, 11 8:15 AM
I,ve rebooted,,twice,,,,NO LUCK,,,from the sounds of things it,s a bad game anyway,,,I played the 1 hour trial just fine!! Wierd!,,Weird? lol

Edited on 01/08/2011 at 8:16:56 AM PST

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Jan 8, 11 8:42 AM
I found 4 of 5 robot heads in the junkyard. I used the hint 3 times to find the 5th head and 3 times it highlighted an area in the lower left which had nothing.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 8, 11 9:22 AM
I wasn't ten minutes into the demo when my monitor went black, into 'auto safe mode', and I had to shut the PC down at the terminal. I've only ever had this happen once before, and I can't recall which game it was. I know that I have the latest Nvidia driver, as CS helped me with that when I had a flickering cursor on Phantom of the Opera. I've literally played dozens of games since then, so I'm afraid this will be a No Buy for me. When rebooting tells me I have recovered from a "Serious Error", then I can do without a new game as it's not worth it to me to risk serious damage. I'll just go finish playing Phantasmat a second time, and pass on this one. Pity, it looked interesting, too.

nandog
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by nandog on Jan 8, 11 10:01 AM
Marg2 wrote:When I try to start the game, I get the following error message:
Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "lua5.dll" error 126.
The screen goes black and then BF game manager asks if I want to play again.

Oops, I deleted the game and was going to give it one more try. Then I noticed that it requires 1012 RAM. That leaves me out. My computer does not meet this requirement. Time for an upgrade or new computer.....???

I also have the same problem have tried 3 times to download , too bad
nandog

Kilan8
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Kilan8 on Jan 8, 11 1:57 PM
Again access violation (gee surprise). I'm curious why it's easy to download the more expensive collectors editions with no problems, but the regular priced ones always seem to cause a problem with access or wrong file versions.

What a joke!

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Jan 8, 11 2:05 PM
Error: Access Violation at 0x288EFAE(tried to write to 0x00000000),Program terminated!!

After uninstalling & reinstalling, Same message only the # changed 0x01A7EFAE

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jan 8, 11 2:45 PM
Kilan8 wrote:Again access violation (gee surprise). I'm curious why it's easy to download the more expensive collectors editions with no problems, but the regular priced ones always seem to cause a problem with access or wrong file versions.

What a joke!

Good point there.
And what really starts to irritate the heck out of me is even with games where lots of people have problems and post them i. e. Lost in time: the clockwork tower...it's of course our computers and not something wrong with the game. You can only update a computer IF there is an update to be had.....

I'm sooooo tried of hearing that.

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Jan 8, 11 4:16 PM
greeneyes488 wrote:I,d love to play this game but after I bought it I keep getting the error message or (theres another game playing) which there isn,t..Any HELP?

Linochka
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Linochka on Jan 8, 11 4:41 PM
Marg2 wrote:When I try to start the game, I get the following error message:
Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "lua5.dll" error 126.
The screen goes black and then BF game manager asks if I want to play again.

Oops, I deleted the game and was going to give it one more try. Then I noticed that it requires 1012 RAM. That leaves me out. My computer does not meet this requirement. Time for an upgrade or new computer.....???

Same story here, downloaded and reinstalled 3 times,same error 3 times
O,well another day,another game...

syclone91
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by syclone91 on Jan 8, 11 5:13 PM
Memory Access Violation, I have tried everthing including changing my Anti-Virus
Direct X,Video drivers,Shockwave everthing is up to date
I give up guess i'll have to wait untill you come out with a new ver. of game manager
then everything will work for a while

Edited on 01/08/2011 at 5:13:56 PM PST

[Post New]by jeanie522 on Jan 8, 11 6:17 PM
I am having same dll error response. Have uninstalled and reinstalled 6 times. Now I am done, no more trying.

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Jan 8, 11 6:36 PM
I played the entire demo and had no technical issues at all. I play on a wide screen and did not have to make adjustments.

Edited on 01/08/2011 at 7:12:44 PM PST

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Jan 8, 11 7:11 PM
Just wanted to mention that since most people aren't having "access violation" errors it's probably not a coding error with the game. The most common reasons for the "access violation" error is either a bad stick of RAM or a driver issue. Computers are a lot like cars; the more miles you put on it the more likely it is something will fail. It's not uncommon for a stick of RAM to go bad, even in a brand new computer. I've actually bought RAM that was bad when I got it.

You might not see these issues until you tax your machine when it tries to open one of the game files. This is why some games will play fine and others won't. It just depends on how they were coded and what resources they're using at what time.

If you write down your error message code, you can google that code. Most likely it will tell you it's a memory (RAM) or video issue.

I honestly believe that a lot of issues are cropping up with these newer very RAM intensive, video intensive games. The bigger and better they get, the more machine we need to play them. A lot of of-the-shelf machines have integrated video cards (built into the motherboard) and some of these just don't have enough memory to handle some of these newer games.

I'm not saying it isn't a game issue but it would be uncommon for a game with coding errors to play flawlessly on one computer and not on another. I played with no problem in wide-screen with no issues at all.

Hope these tips helped and I'm sorry you can't play the game as I think it's a good one. Good luck all and happy gaming!

Tauret
Marlin
Marlin
8,157 Posts

[Post New]by Tauret on Jan 9, 11 9:05 AM
I'm having problems with the teleporter. I put in the fuses, open the hatch and my cursor turns into a directional arrow. When I click on the chair the telporter lights up, my cursor remains a directional arrow and....NOTHING. I can't even exit the game at this stage by the menu, I have to ctrl alt del.

I can't say I was in love with this game, but I was interested and very well might have bought it. I'm just glad the game failed while I was playing the free trial. I would have been really ticked if I had purchased it, then had the problem.

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Jan 9, 11 9:28 AM
I downloaded the trial version and installed it. When I tried to start the game, it loads, I get an icon in my systray and the screen goes black, then goes back to a normal desktop screen. When I click on the icon, the screen goes black and then clicks back to a normal desktop screen display. I get no error message. Have to use Task Manager to get rid of the icon in the systray.

I have Win7, 64 bit

Intel Core i7 2.67 Ghz, 9 GB Ram

Would love to take the game for a trial spin, but looks like I'm uninstalling the trial version.

alphab22m
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by alphab22m on Jan 9, 11 9:58 AM
Part of my screen is cut off also, about 1/5 of the left side is blank and can only get full pic in windowed. I haven't tried playing yet as I can't see well enough in windowed. I will try reinstall, but usually when this stuff happens I have to wait for fix. looks like another rushed game that was not well tested...guess it's all about the money.

SCGal53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by SCGal53 on Jan 9, 11 11:22 AM
I cannot download the game. Tried three times now on different days. Anyone having this problem?

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Jan 9, 11 12:16 PM
NickOsh1001 wrote:
Marg2 wrote:When I try to start the game, I get the following error message:Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "lua5.dll" error 126. The screen goes black and then BF game manager asks if I want to play again.

That error message may only be a result of a corruption of downloaded game files. This means that there was a mistake happenned during downloading of the files on your computer. Try to completely delete all the files (not just from your download manager menu), and then download the game once again (or contact the support team).

The game actually runs even at 256Mb RAM and 512Mb RAM, so your RAM is not an issue.

same prob here with lua5.1.dll file missing or corrupt error 126

b4 i came here and found your suggestion, i checked online help docs, they say error 126 is caused by outdated direct x, while i was sure my directx was uptodate i went and checked via dxdiag, no probs found with anything, checked directx downloads just to be sure i had newest, got a few updates uninstalled game, re-booted even tho prob not necessary, downloaded game again, same error

came here found your advice, uninstalled game thru add/remove programs instead of game manager, again rebooted, installed game again ... and .... same error

i checked the file folder for the game, it actually contains two similar files lua51.dll and lua5.1.dll, researched a bit and it seems lua5.1.dll is the newer version and lua51.dll is basically a placeholder used to place a call to lua5.1.dll and/or to be used if/when the program actually needs the older version

i pulled lua51.dll out of the folder and tried the .exe file again thinking maybe if it didn't go to the 51 file first it might go direct to 5.1 and find it ... but no go, just got a changed error msg now not finding the 51 file, of course cause i moved it lol!

shame i can't get a fix for this because after reading all the comments i really was interested in trying it out!

do you have a site with a direct from you download? and if so can you pm me a link ? maybe from someone other than i won't get same error? other sites i tried all link back to so no help there

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 9, 11 3:33 PM
Hi Fishies!

I'm sorry to hear about the technical issues that many of you are running into with Crossworlds: The Flying City . I wanted to include links to a few help articles based on what I'm seeing.

To help with the "Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File lua5.dll error," please be sure to accept the download for the latest version of Direct X during installation if prompted. Please see this article for more information:

Error 126

For access violations, there are many steps listed here that have helped resolve other access violations in the past:

Access Violation

For issues with the game not displaying properly:

Screen Resolution

If the game is crashing or freezing, please see:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For any specific questions on any of the steps, or if the trouble persists, please contact our technical support team and they'll be happy to help further. They can be reached via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 9, 11 4:52 PM
My computer rebooted with a major system crash noted when it restarted. This happened after I entered my name but before I even got thru the intro story. I uninstalled the demo and will give it one more try.

Update: The demo hour played fine after that.

Edited on 01/09/2011 at 6:33:28 PM PST

Go to: