Re:Welcome to Alabama Smith: Escape from Pompeii forum

[Post New]by motikka on Dec 12, 08 7:48 PM
thank you thank you thank you.. i was stuck w/ that stupid thing for 3 days!!!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,354 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 12, 08 7:53 PM
motikka wrote:thank you thank you thank you.. i was stuck w/ that stupid thing for 3 days!!!

Welcome to the forums, Motikka! Glad you were able to work it out!

[Post New]by Jazzy1944 on Dec 13, 08 1:06 PM
robs2864 wrote:I cannot open the clock. The code is 22:07 and I put the hands on 10:07. Nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,354 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 13, 08 4:17 PM
Jazzy1944 wrote:
robs2864 wrote:I cannot open the clock. The code is 22:07 and I put the hands on 10:07. Nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Jazzy1944- welcome to the forums!

After you set the time, make sure to pull the little lever just to the left of the clock face. Then you will need the ruler to open it further.

[Post New]by kimmi28 on Dec 14, 08 10:56 AM
This games was cool.. but way too short... finished it very quickly no more than 2 hrs ... if that... I was disappointed.... somethings were challenging.. however... way to easy to complete... more games like this that are interactive.. but not so easy to win... My 10 yr old is playing now.. she jsut figured out the code for the drawer... and will prpbably finish it up today or tomorrow..

[Post New]by cjshere on Dec 14, 08 8:00 PM
Don't spend money on this game. It sucks.

maxter
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by maxter on Dec 15, 08 9:44 PM
Is this game for real i dont play often but i finished in 1 and 1/2 hours can this be it the last board was the safe freeing her boyfriend i should have definitley donated that money.

katbear50
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Dec 18, 08 11:29 PM
unrulygamemad wrote:Game was good but toooo! short 1hr 20min. Very Dissapointed

I hear ya, just when it got interesting, POOF

pnk96722
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Dec 19, 08 3:32 PM
Loved it!! Gimme more!! And give it to me for free since this one is sooooooooooooooo short!!! Feeling a little gypped.

[Post New]by Kmbelle05 on Dec 19, 08 4:53 PM
Out of all the games I have played and/or purchased, this one was ranks top for being the shortest and less challenging of any other I have played. I wish I would have read the forum before purchasing. I feel like some of the others who have replied... I feel like this game was a rip-off. The demo looked fun.. but once you purchase the full version, it's over in no time. The only real challenge was the code to the safe at the end of the game. No more Alabama Smith for me...

[Post New]by Khampton1165 on Dec 21, 08 8:25 PM
I loved the game. It was kind of short but I enjoyed it because I could finish it in one day. Sometimes I go so long between games doing other things that I lose interest. I liked being able to finish so quickly.

[Post New]by FinisP on Dec 22, 08 8:55 PM
I agree with most everyone. The game was way tooooooooo short!!

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Dec 22, 08 9:16 PM
I'm in the room with the steam pipe which had to be repaired. I did that and knocked a hole in the wall across from the window. Now there's a chest or box in front of the hole/door that you can open before going through the door. It has different symbols that light up purple, dark blue, light blue, green, yellow, and orange.

You are supposed to press them in a certain order and then do a Simon Says, follow the symbols as they light up to open the box. according to the instructions when you magnify the box.

I can't figure out what order to press them in. Rainbow order? Reverse rainbow order? Alternating? Colors opposite to each other on the color scale? I've tried them all and nothing happens.

Does anyone have the solution? I think it's an optional puzzle b/c I pressed Hint and it just highlighted the opening in the wall. But I want to open this box first.

ETA: I figured it out. Read a review and found that you have to go back and forth in this game.

It's too short for everyone else but this is just my speed!

Thanks,

Minxs

Edited on 12/23/2008 at 1:01:18 AM PST

tneedy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by tneedy on Jan 7, 09 8:14 PM
I agree with everyone else in that this game is way too short. In fact this is my 2nd time through it but I'm stuck! LOL It's so fun getting older... :-\ I'm also in the room with the steam pipe and have gone into the secret room, moved the tile and even sawed off the pipe, but can't figure out how to pick up the bottle with the note. Anyone remember how they did it?? Thanks, tneedy

[Post New]by XxTOOTLExX on Jan 30, 09 6:36 AM
[b] I cannot agree more. I played the 1 hr free demo then purchased it as i thought it was getting good, only to find i only had to unlock the safe then the god damn thing is all over TUT!!!!! This game is poor value for money and far too easy

[Post New]by Ridgerdgirl on Feb 12, 09 8:47 PM
I have the code for the safe, but no matter how I turn the wheel I can't make it open. Poor Alabama! He,d be dead before I got the darn thing open!

Krill
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Krill on Feb 16, 09 3:15 AM
Does anybody know the code to start the computer in the library? Thanks

[Post New]by ChelSeeBee on Mar 13, 09 7:02 AM
Thanks for the welcome, but I have to say I feel cheated by this game. I did the hour trial, and then bought the game because I liked it so much, and got maybe an hour of play before it was over. WAY TOO SHORT!!! A waste of money. I like the game, the puzzles are challenging and interesting, but I couldn't believe it was completed so soon. I'm disappointed in Big FIsh, and I never have been before. I'm going back to Escape From The Museum. Why couldn't this game be like that one?

[Post New]by galsal on Jul 24, 09 5:07 PM
i am at the door into the room, has box with lights, got to the third sequence,but no further, can someone give the correct sequences in order

[Post New]by jojo10455 on Sep 7, 09 6:51 PM
julia2U wrote:Hi
I'm stuck at the door with keypad lock, under spear thrown by statue.. Was there a clue I missed or is the combo randomly generated. You do not need to tell me the number if it is a clue I missed( as of this moment anyway)..... Please help

you missed a clue.

Go to: