goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hexus

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Jan 11, 11 8:15 AM
I am really, really enjoying this game (there went my January credit ). This is NOT a match three game but a strategy board game, something BF rarely gets. I can't compare it to chess per say but I think it does require planning a couple of moves in advance and management of the entire board to keep your pieces from trapping themselves.

The goal is to create groups of 6 or more pieces of the same color. When you move a piece it must have a clear path to the spot where you want to place it. If your move does not result in a group of 6 or more then new, random pieces appear around the board. After a while all of these new pieces prevent clear paths to the spots you need to fill so it's imperative to: 1. Make matches of 6 or more as often as you can to prevent new ones from appearing. 2. When moving pieces planning ahead to join 2 groups of 4 or 5 into larger ones of 10 or more thereby getting more coins.

The closest game to this I can think of was one of the various games in the Hidden Wonders of the Depths games where new pieces would pop up on the board every time you moved without making a group of three.

The town building is just a side note like so many match 3 games where you build gardens, towns, fish tanks, etc.

My thanks to the developers for a great game.

P.S. The pop up dialogues/tutorials in the beginning is a little clumsy, but really, give the game a shot!

Edited on 01/11/2011 at 8:40:57 AM PST

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Jan 11, 11 8:27 AM
lackoo wrote:Looks promising , but :

- two thin black lines in the intro screen
- can't hear the music , even with the max settings
- no wide screen option ( i'm using a monitor with 1900x1080 resolution )

Hi, lackoo!
Thanks for your comment.
Please keep watching for Hexus' updates on bfg. Wide-screen problems are now fixed and testing by bigfish team. I'm sure very soon ther will be an update!

Regards, Eugene.

Edited on 01/11/2011 at 8:27:48 AM PST

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Jan 11, 11 8:28 AM
Eugene_Duranin wrote:
lackoo wrote:Looks promising , but :

- two thin black lines in the intro screen
- can't hear the music , even with the max settings
- no wide screen option ( i'm using a monitor with 1900x1080 resolution )

Hi, lackoo!
Thanks for your comment.
Please keep watching for Hexus' updates on bfg. Wide-screen problems are now fixed and testing by bigfish team. I'm sure very soon ther will be an update!

Regards, Eugene.
Thank you .

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jan 11, 11 8:36 AM
Now that I'm awake I can truly tell you what I think of this game, I gave it a bad review but now that I understand it better, I kinda really like this game. I may even buy it. Thanks BF. I dewleted my last post because it wasn't fair.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Jan 11, 11 8:51 AM
Eugene_Duranin wrote:
ciscaR8 wrote:after 1 min of play and i tried both options i was already bored
so deleted it right awy

Hi, ciscaR8
Looks like you haven't run the main game!
Adventure is the one!
Lines and remove em are just additional modes.
Best regards, Eugene.

Eugene

I also didn't realize that I hadn't clicked the "Adventure" button, but came up on the game forum and saw your reply. So, I went back to the game and I think it's a great game and a definite buy. Great game play!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jan 11, 11 8:51 AM
Played the full demo. This game is an interesting twist on typical collapse and match style games, in as much as you have an interesting storyline and cities to build.

I think multi-format games are a very positive trend. They allow for good gameplay, interesting challenges and keep boredom from occuring. (One can spend lots of time just changing the look of your chosen avatar!)

Some of the speech is stilted, but it doesn't prevent understanding the game play or from enjoying the game. The game has rather in-depth tutorials available so even those who are unfamiliar with the basic game play premises, can learn quickly and have fun doing it.

Overall it's a fun and addicting game. Good job!

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Jan 11, 11 8:54 AM
Thanks to everybody for recent positive feedback

I think we made mistake when put three games button at row, so probably we'll fix it in update and move two (additional of course) of them to "the throne room".
Have a fun with Hexus!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jan 11, 11 8:57 AM
Eugene - thank you for being in the forums for the launch of your game. It means a great deal to the players to know that a developer cares enough about the game to be on hand for any problems that may occur.

Your team is very responsive and we appreciate all the hard work that went into making this game.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Jan 11, 11 10:10 AM
I wasn't going to try this as the name didn't grab me, but I almost always check reviews. After seeing Eugene post I knew I had to try the game as really enjoyed Jane Angel. I did download and play through 35 minutes of the trial of this one. I do buy match 3's at times and will be adding this to my list. Another good game you two! I like the 2 match 3 type games I've come across so far and it's a good switch from the normal swap match 3's.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Jan 11, 11 10:28 AM
AnnBy wrote:I wasn't going to try this as the name didn't grab me, but I almost always check reviews. After seeing Eugene post I knew I had to try the game as really enjoyed Jane Angel. I did download and play through 35 minutes of the trial of this one. I do buy match 3's at times and will be adding this to my list. Another good game you two! I like the 2 match 3 type games I've come across so far and it's a good switch from the normal swap match 3's.

Hi, AnnBy!
Great to meet again
Thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate the fact that you consider us as trustworthy developers.
Hope you'll enjoy Hexus.
BTW - there are 6 mini-games about finding objects - 3 HOGs and 3 "find differences".
Best regards, Eugene.

stone07
Koi
Koi
68,662 Posts

[Post New]by stone07 on Jan 11, 11 10:41 AM
Are you planning a MAC version?

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Jan 11, 11 10:47 AM
stone07 wrote:Are you planning a MAC version?

Hi, stone07.
Sure, we are planning to launch Mac version in two weeks or so.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 11, 11 1:02 PM
Comment:

Personally, I liked the game and was startled when it closed because the hour was over. The game play gets much more difficult and strategy even more necessary as you play. Several things of note...

I played adventure mode; didn't mind the grammar when in comparison to some games I've played recently; being called Lord didn't phase me since I understand the etymology of the word; found the tutorials easy to follow and understand; the game played perfectly on my PC though I didn't play with sound on so can't comment on the audio.

This is a nice twist to the M3's I generally play. And I like it!

Thank you, Eugene, for coming into the forum. I like that in a developer and would definately consider their games in the future. Heck, if you need someone to beta a game for you... look me up.

[Post New]by gamineannie on Jan 11, 11 1:37 PM
Okay, I have downloaded and given the game a try.
Went straight to adventure mode, as other fishies have already commented on the standard match 3 and collapse modes and found these to be the usual.
In adventure mode, you must line up six or more (!) balls, in order to remove them from the playfield. Several years ago, there was a game with similar action, asking for only three stones to be lined up. In higher levels the play became so intense, I found the game to be not at all relaxing or invigorating - just stressful. So I no longer play that game and am not looking to replace it with something that promises even more stress!
While it is a nice thing to be called "my Lord, my King, oh Light of Egypt" and so on, it still does not make one pleased with one's minions, who expect you to do all the work. They also show their appreciation by piling on even more work. Reminds me too much of a job I once had.
So, Eugene - nice effort, but I did not see anything new here. By the way, English is my Third language, so no insult taken because you choose to take awful liberties with it.
Those fishies who like their games to add tension to their day should try this - it is easy enough to uninstall, if you decide it does not meet your gaming wants.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Jan 11, 11 1:46 PM
To: Smallhaven
Hi, Smallhaven!
Thanks for your comment it really encourages us to go further in game developement! Believe me it isn't just regular expression.

To: gamineannie
Hello, gamineannie.
Thank you for the time you've spent playing Hexus.
I'm sure you took it too close to your heart. cause... (little secret) if your situation on the board is "dangerous" Anubis will surely help you with the color you need

Best regards, Eugene.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Jan 11, 11 2:10 PM
I lasted about 3 minutes. Nothing and I mean nothing was happening. No matter what I clicked nothing happened. Frankly the game doesn't look interesting enough for me to be too worried about it.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Jan 11, 11 2:20 PM
rainice wrote:I lasted about 3 minutes. Nothing and I mean nothing was happening. No matter what I clicked nothing happened. Frankly the game doesn't look interesting enough for me to be too worried about it.

Hi, rainice.
I'm sure that you'll like the game if you'd play it. And seems like your problem is technical, so it will be great to contact bigfish technical support - they'll surely help.

Best regards, Eugene.

[Post New]by juliebugs79 on Jan 11, 11 2:20 PM
I wasn't going to try this game because when I watched the video it looked like the type of match 3 I don't like. But I always read the reviews. Am I glad I did! First off, I like to see a developer on the forum interacting with us. I still wasn't sure about the game though. Some of the comments still made me think it wasn't my sort of game. But I tried it. Goldendog08 did a good job describing the game play. But I suggest you try it yourself to see if you like it. I enjoyed it a great deal!

ruby_leo
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by ruby_leo on Jan 11, 11 2:20 PM
Well I thank the developers of this game for a new idea. I find the game challenging and strategic and lots of fun! My Hubby tried the Adventure and also enjoyed it. He normally plays Civilization games and commented to me that he liked the concept of this game. The colors are fun. The music is fine but I turn off all the music after a while so that is not a black mark on the game either. Thanks Big Fish for a new style of game! I was a Business Ed teacher and taught programming so I can see the long hours that it took to create some these boards! I bought the game after playing the demo and am certainly glad I did!

Edited on 01/11/2011 at 2:21:52 PM PST

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jan 11, 11 2:22 PM
Like many others I think I was a bit confused by the "bonus" games, thinking that was where I was supposed to start, but once I started playing the main game I was hooked! It's addictive, and is a definite buy. By the end of the trial period the levels were becoming more challenging, and I wondering just HOW hard I'm going to have to think as I progress. Congratulations to the developers — this is a unique and delightful game.

Go to: