Re:New Build for My Tribe - 12/2/08

[Post New]by littlesambo on Jan 18, 09 7:15 PM
hello,
i purchased this game on 1/09/2009 i am not having any glitches or
problems whatsoever thank goodness for that love the game can't
wait for number 2.

[Post New]by katsgg on May 14, 09 1:01 AM
I found this post in another forum on this website. I had been having trouble playing ALL of my BigFish games, not just My Tribe. All of my games had been playing just fine then suddenly (and I believe like QuickStorm that it has something to do with a Windows automatically downloaded update recently installed) I could not play any of my games. I kept getting the drmactivator error. I tried updating drivers and several other suggestions to no avail. Then I found this post (copied below) and followed the simple 2 steps outlined by QuickStorm and then rebooted. I was able to access and play ALL of my games after I did these 2 simple steps. Of course almost all my little villagers and tribes people had died off in the time I was unable to access my games, but at least I can get to them now to start over.

Maybe it will be of help to some of you as well:

PS. My computer runs Vista operating system. This drmactivator error also blocked my games from Reflexive and Real Arcade. I could not play them either. The fix shown below allowed me to access those games as well!!!!

All I can say is for my part...THANKS QUICKSTORM!!!

QuickStorm wrote:This must have something to do with a Windows update. I have had the same problem but fixed it with this:

DEP: (Data Execution Prevention)
If you are receiving the DRM activator error message do the following to correct the issue.
1 - Left click on Start
2.- Right click on Computer
3 - Left click on Properties 4 - Left click on Advanced System Settings
5 - Under Performance click on Settings
6 - Left click on Data Performance Settings
7 - Click on TURN ON DEP FOR ESSENTIAL WINDOWS PROGRAMS AND SETTINGS ONLY.
8 - Click on Apply and then OK.

THEN DO THE FOLLOWING:

UAC: (User Account Control)
Open up Control Panel, and type in user account into the search box. You'll see the link for "Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off". Click it. Uncheck the box, and reboot your computer.

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Jun 2, 09 7:51 PM
When I purchased this game elsewhere, I didn't know big fish games had a website. For anyone who bought it here GREAT, I wish I'd waited. It is a great game though.

Trixie598
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by Trixie598 on Jul 8, 09 11:43 AM
Will I be able to pause it?

Trixie598
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by Trixie598 on Jul 8, 09 11:48 AM
BossBrat wrote:As of 1/4 I still have glitches in my game, even after a clean uninstall/install. I used a potion on 1 of my villagers and the entire tribe fell asleep and I had to put them all in the huts and let them sleep it off. On another occasion, a potion caused everyone to freeze for about 10 minutes and then they went about their business. If you choose to reset the trophies in the trophy room, you might as well forget about getting them all again, because all the mysteries still show they are completed and you can't redo them. Same thing for the science points/levels. I feel completely cheated now, since all I need was the '969' year old villager and decided to redo the other trophies while I was waiting for this to happen. The people who make these games should really make sure that there aren't a bunch of glitches in a game before they release it for purchase.

Oh, I do use McAfee, but did the install/install AFTER they fixed the mess they made.
I agree! I'm not able to pause it! (I don't have the new build.)

Kirbyrock
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Kirbyrock on Dec 8, 09 6:07 AM
bump

Edited on 12/08/2009 at 6:07:28 AM PST

FireOpal
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by FireOpal on Dec 14, 09 2:06 PM
Trixie598 wrote:Will I be able to pause it?

The "pause" is under Settings: Simulation Speed. Check the Pause box and your game will be paused when you exit and/or run it. You can also pause during play with the map window. (I have the old build, btw, so not sure it's all the same.)

Edited on 12/14/2009 at 2:06:51 PM PST

LilyCathy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCathy on May 21, 10 1:52 AM
amyrenee wrote:Nice, I lost everything too but had no choice since I could not leave my island for a new one. It just stinks to start over and have to recollect all those science points.

same situation

[Post New]by sandyturley1954 on Jul 25, 10 5:32 PM
What part of the forum do I go to get the instructions to solve the mysteries, or whatever they are called. This is not MY Tribe, on face book. I bought this game.
I played this game back when I first bought it over a year ago. I had the cheats written done, but mis-placed them. I have gone as far as I can go in the game at this point.
Sandy

New Build for My Tribe - 12/2/08

[Post New]by tacokitty66 on Aug 17, 10 5:29 AM
bfgAegean wrote:Hello everyone! I thought I'd let you know that recently Big Fish Games released a new build of My Tribe on its website. This new build corrects the issue some users were having with various crashes throughout the game. If you download, and install this new build of the game, the problem should be corrected. If you need further assistance in obtaining a new build of a game, please refer to our help topic entitled <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>.

If you continue to have any other technical problems, then I would recommend that you contact our Customer Support staff. They are well trained in assisting with technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=hl_7skgj" target="_blank">here</a>.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

im having some issues with this game its the pc version.first when its in full screen it doesnt go full screen the stars and some of the left side are not able to be seen and i cant seem to figure out how to move it over to where i can see it so if i need a star i can use it,i can only play in the smaller screen,2nd no golden relics are coming only mushrooms,stars,moons,crates,i know they come when it rains,i even tried the potion for rain,no luck,no golden relics so my tribe people die around age 74 or so.i tried uninstalling and reinstalling it dont seem to work or help for me anyway.if someone can help me with this i would really appreciate it,i dont like the fb version i like this version way better it just needs fixed!

[Post New]by emilygirlcool on Feb 19, 11 1:05 PM
It needs to storm, not just rain.

hermette
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by hermette on Mar 25, 14 5:13 PM
I'm so jonesin for the next My Tribe. Please please please, a My Tribe 2. Ok guys, let Big Fish know if you would also like to have a My Tribe 2.

[Post New]by adiosrip7 on Apr 1, 14 1:46 PM
Just some sort of update...

hermette
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

MY Tribe 2

[Post New]by hermette on Apr 7, 14 6:04 PM
Big Fish?! Are you there? How about a My Tribe 2?! Then a My Tribe 3?! You've got fans enough to make this worth your while! Say YES!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE???!!!

There are tons enough games for the 'Who Dunnit' games, but so few games for those of us digging the My Tribe. Come on... YES?

lastdomino
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by lastdomino on May 18, 14 10:53 AM
to the builders of My Tribe: I love this game. I loved the facebook version even more. I really really want a new version - My Tribe 2 - perhaps one of those 'free' games - surely the facebook version wasn't destroyed - it needs more. Please consider this. I really really love this game. I really really miss the facebook version. It seems that someone needs to get it going into a BigFish 'free' game.

Please!

Go to: