brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips

[Post New]by brookings on Jan 12, 11 3:28 PM
I have the first game, and have enjoyed playing it many times. This game is much to similar to the first game to buy. This game has different airports scenes from the first. I was able to nearly finish the 2nd airport. One thing I don't like about this game as opposed to the first game is: there are to many interruptions for example, you click and kill a giant octipus, the screen flashes each time you have saved the boat. Another thing I found annoying on this game is the planes make a shine of light when happy and it blocks what the plane is doing. There are contant tutorials when not asked. I found this game not to be as good as the first. I loved the first game.

Edited on 01/12/2011 at 3:30:01 PM PST

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 12, 11 4:05 PM
The graphics are good and cartoony. The gameplay is TM. There are hidden mini games, ie clicking on the balloon too keep it from crossing the screen, as well as other mini games, ie the kracken that pops up in stage 2. The game is cute, fun and does get challenging as the levels increase. There are new additions and new trophies. Have fun!

This game is an A-.

[Post New]by swt2487 on Jan 12, 11 5:47 PM
juz finished playing this game. and it was great. just like the old one. definitely a buy for me.

tekh
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by tekh on Jan 12, 11 7:52 PM
Actually I was about to re-install the old one when this one came out.
(I like to leave my favorite games in the cupboard for awhile to re-discover them later).
Its at least as good as the first one. And yes, there are some new little "click-me's" to add a bit of confusion.
Only completed first set of levels so far. I discovered the PerfectScore award when I topped one !
So yes, I'd advise anyone crazy about AM1 to -at least- try it.
Or replay the first one. It's still great ! )
.--. --- --. ... --- - - --- .-.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jan 12, 11 9:50 PM
Even though the graphics for AM are a bit cutesy, these games are definitely not just for kids. There are tons of levels & within each level, 4 different levels of mastery to try to achieve. There are also different upgrades to buy & lots of awards. You can go back & try different upgrades & strategies to see which gets you the highest score. I would definitely recommend this game if you don't already have AM1, however since I do, I'm a bit on the fence since this one is not significantly different.

For those that don't have it..Gabcab, by the same developers is a fabulous game. Similar to this but with a taxi. I think there are 90 levels & tons of upgrades which you can sell back in each level if you want. I would give that one the slight edge over this game.

tekh
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by tekh on Jan 12, 11 11:10 PM
Sorry Kitty1, I strongly disagree.
GabCab is not the same game-concept and I didn't find it worth buying when I tried it.
Otherwise you're right. Little kids won't get very far in this type of games.
.--. --- --. ... --- - - --- .-.

Edited on 01/12/2011 at 11:12:44 PM PST

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Jan 13, 11 5:14 AM
As I said earlier I have the first game and while I liked it;never did finish it. Too childish and got bored. Downloaded this edition and to be honest only played first 2 levels and decided it was only more of the same. After reading all your reviews this AM think I need to play full hour trial. May even invesitigate "other" site for CE. Sounds interesting. A big THANK YOU for your excellent comments/reviews.

krasniikot
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by krasniikot on Jan 13, 11 1:52 PM
I wasn't thrilled with the first Airport Mania because of the graphics, honestly. But now I think I need to go back and revisit because I am in LOVE with this game. Perhaps I also wrote off the first one as a "kids' game". I would be in complete awe of any kid who could finish this game with Perfect in every level. Seriously.

Holy mackerel, this game is fun! And there are so many levels with so many different "winning" endings. Do you go for Supreme? Or Perfect? Plus, some levels that seemed impossible at first seemed easy as I learned more about the logistics of the game (hint: Selling things is a good idea if you don't make the "winners' circle" you desire the first go 'round. Try another batch of upgrades and see how the end result differs).

It's a nearly endless game of possibility. Each time you start a level the "element" difficulty is different so it's not exactly the same every time. One time your first lane may be frozen, the second time nothing will be frozen, for example.

I also like how the tutorial doesn't oversaturate you with info. There are subtleties you have to discover on your own.

Simple games on the outside that are actually very intricate on the inside are a favorite of mine. This is definitely one of those.

The only negatives I have found are that it takes an awful lot of clicks to replay a level (but that may be simply because I'm over-eager to begin again) and the start of each level is very slow. One plane to land and watch over until something else happens, which drives my hyper brain a little crazy. Otherwise, fantastic!

Edited on 01/13/2011 at 1:54:16 PM PST

[Post New]by misformichelle on Jan 13, 11 5:43 PM
I dont see enouqh differences to buy it as I still like the oriqinal enouqh to play occasionally however if you didnt buy the first one? Qet this instead. It is updated qraphic wise and does offer tiny chanqes but is pretty much the same one. But prettier and newer.

Fantastic qame. Try the demo for sure. I usually buy into sequals pretty fast but this just didnt chanqe enouqh sadly. And I was super excited to see this one out too! Bummer.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Jan 13, 11 6:40 PM
I love this Game and play it for hours!

What a pity the "Collector's Edition" wasn't offered here at BigFish.

DeesjeDee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by DeesjeDee on Jan 17, 11 8:44 AM
this game! I tried the demo and then bought it when my hour was up. The graphics are good, I really like the cartoony cutesy style Each type of plane whistles their own melody when they offload their passengers, very nice touch that still makes me smile!

The gameplay is definitely not just for kids. Though you don't need a whole lot of points to pass a level, it can be a real challenge to get supreme/perfect scores! I'm one of those people who goes back to get 4 stars on every level

[Post New]by emlach1 on Jan 28, 11 2:25 AM
I've been waiting so long for another airport mania to come out. Its just as good as the first one. Thankyou.

Moondusted
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Moondusted on Jan 30, 11 5:17 AM
I love this game & the first AM. I thought it was more challenging than #1. I've played it several times now & still enjoy it!

Hispagirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Hispagirl on Feb 5, 11 9:58 PM
Aiport Mania was the first game I bought here. I bought this game before previewing it. Very excited. I am playing and I love the challenge of going back for a perfect score. Obviously I want to get it, but it is promising to be too difficult or the game seems to have bugs or there is something else going on. After doing all that I can for extra points I have come into a situation where I cannot even make it for $1,000? It is frustrating.

[Post New]by luvcoffee417 on Feb 6, 11 7:21 AM
Csustar wrote:I appreciate people giving their reviews but I am like the other lady, if you DO NOT LIKE TM games, then please, just give your reviews on your kind of games. You are not putting in the asked for "Spoiler Alert" either.
I do not go to HOG games, if.... and it is a big IF, to play and then give a crummy report because that is not my genre of games.
I know you would not like it, if I went to one of your favorite genres, and said "oh dear, not a buy for me, because I really don't like this type of game"
so please, if not your genre don't give an opinion.
Thank you and no hard feelings.

Now off to play The new airport mania 2

I disagree. If they were just coming here and saying "I don't like TMG" that would be one thing. But they were also saying whether or not the game interested them. I do not like HOG either - but I still try them. Every now and then, one grabs my interest. I would write a review to that effect if I wanted.

Now back to the point at hand - I love Airport Mania 2. Addictive. And some of the levels really have me stumped as to how to get 4 stars... The new mini games are a good addition.

beltie
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Love It!!!

[Post New]by beltie on Mar 16, 11 1:44 PM
I love it!! I have the first one as well.

The graphics are wonderful and the sound effects are really cute (and I'm one of those who usually lowers the volume or turns them off).

Added new ideas to the original format (which I like) keeps it interesting and fun. I've replayed it twice already. I really like the option of being able to change the color of the planes too!

The mini-games and being able to go for perfect scores adds depth to the game as well.

Hope they have another one after this. Great job!!

[Post New]by SMcKinney13 on Mar 16, 11 4:53 PM
I was so excited to see AM2 on Amazon when buying some gifts that I immediately came here and looked through the forum for when it would come to BFG. I bought it the minute it was released on BFG and have enjoyed playing it since. For the person who asked if it gets different after first stage....YES!!!

One of the levels your airport is on a huge flying plane that you land your planes on. They packages in later levels besides repairs and gas for things your planes do after they land. A lot more emergency landings popping up. I'm on stage 6 presently and have achieved supreme on every level thus far.

Rating 5 out of 5

Spoiler alert!!!

What's the hidden goodie in the serengeti airport? I saw a flower, hippo and monkeys but clicking them did no good.

[Post New]by bowhuntress69 on May 6, 11 3:06 PM
I love this game!!

I bought the first one a long while back and even downloaded it to my iPhone. I've always hoped for a sequel and was really excited to see this one. Yes, it is very similar to the first game but just different enough that you don't feel like you are playing through version 1 again.

My only criticism... as with most of the TM games lately, is that they just aren't long enough for experienced TM game lovers. It seems as if you can beat them all in less than a few hours.

The thing I like about Airport Mania 2 is that it is challenging to get the "perfect" score on all levels. It takes quite a bit of time to be a super star to that level and I find that aspect of the game very challenging.

Come out with an Airport Mania 3; make it a little longer and with a few more interesting side puzzles to figure out.

Thanks for another great game.

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on May 8, 11 12:22 PM
I love this game !! It reminds me of Royal Envoy which is great !!

Airport Mania 1 & 2 are great. Did not think so at the time and thought it was a kids game, boy was I wrong.

I love the cartoon planes.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Aug 23, 11 6:05 AM
It may be a bit juvenile, but I'm loving it nonetheless. The planes are hilarious as is the interaction with the background objects - 52 Channels and nothing on (one of my personal TV gripes LOL).

The only thing that starts to grind after a while is the planes' talking or singing. All together now - La da da da di da di dum dum, tralalala

Go to: