kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jan 17, 11 7:53 AM
Jerikaz,

Thanks for the update. My game had stopped installing & I couldn't restart it or uninstall it. Then saw the AL pop-up--thought it was something DH was downloading-LOL So finished that up & game downloaded fine. Now to see if it actually plays...

Thanks again & welcome to the pond!

 
Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Jan 17, 11 8:02 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

Hi,

I am the end of: Chapter 10 "Bull's Head Hill" and am going into Chapter 11 "Villa de Vasconcellos"

I have shook hands with Klausner using the "hand buzzer" and have been automatically returned to Nico's apartment.

I have shown Nico the "lens" and now am supposed to go to the map and using the red arrow and travel to Europe to the
Chapter 11 "Villa de Vasconellos".

However, that location does not light up on the map.

I tried to skip over to the "Montfaucon Church" but, that does me no good as I need the "Challice" that I get from completing Chapter 11.

It is as if Chapter 11 is not included in the game. So - I am stuck.
I hate to get this far and not get to finish.

Can you help me please. Thank you - Dianne Seaquist

 
sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jan 19, 11 5:57 AM
I believe I'm experiencing a technical issue with the game. I'm running Windows 7, had no problem downloading it and have played it all the way through obtaining the lens and having George return to talk to Niko.

At this point, I do everything the walkthrough says I should (I've checked 1/2 dozen times to make sure), but when George gets up to leave and I click on the red arrow, there is no marker taking me to the villa in Spain.

Furthermore, when I exit the game then come back to it, I do not have the option to Restore a previous point in the game (which I've seen other people suggest trying for different problems).

What might the problem be and how do I resolve this?

Thanks.

Janice

Edited on 01/19/2011 at 9:00:08 AM PST


 
xansaunt
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by xansaunt on Jan 19, 11 12:32 PM
Thank youu Lady-Cav that worked

 
devonview
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by devonview on Jan 19, 11 2:39 PM
I'm also having the same problem as listed below, and have tried everything. Please help!!!

Dianneamyte wrote:SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

Hi,

I am the end of: Chapter 10 "Bull's Head Hill" and am going into Chapter 11 "Villa de Vasconcellos"

I have shook hands with Klausner using the "hand buzzer" and have been automatically returned to Nico's apartment.

I have shown Nico the "lens" and now am supposed to go to the map and using the red arrow and travel to Europe to the
Chapter 11 "Villa de Vasconellos".

However, that location does not light up on the map.

I tried to skip over to the "Montfaucon Church" but, that does me no good as I need the "Challice" that I get from completing Chapter 11.

It is as if Chapter 11 is not included in the game. So - I am stuck.
I hate to get this far and not get to finish.

Can you help me please. Thank you - Dianne Seaquist

 

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by megan2925 on Jan 20, 11 4:20 PM
I was enjoying the game on my iphone, and having no issues during several game sessions over several days. A few nights ago, I quit just as the character was going to a new location. The next day, when I strated in the new location, the game is running so fast I can't read any of the scripts and the audio won't play. Has anyone encounted this or does anyone have a suggestions on possible fixes?


 
sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jan 20, 11 7:12 PM
Has anyone on the technical sqaud even looked at the issue with not having a marker to allow players to get to the villa in Spain? I've been checking several times a day since I posted, and since I'm not the only one having this problem, I don't think it's just me.

Techies...some help here please!

 
sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jan 21, 11 6:57 PM
sonofstar wrote:I believe I'm experiencing a technical issue with the game. I'm running Windows 7, had no problem downloading it and have played it all the way through obtaining the lens and having George return to talk to Niko.

At this point, I do everything the walkthrough says I should (I've checked 1/2 dozen times to make sure), but when George gets up to leave and I click on the red arrow, there is no marker taking me to the villa in Spain.

Furthermore, when I exit the game then come back to it, I do not have the option to Restore a previous point in the game (which I've seen other people suggest trying for different problems).

What might the problem be and how do I resolve this?

Thanks.

Janice


I would have sworn this was a technical glitch. Sorry for being crabby tech squad. Thankfully, I'd also posted this elsewhere. Must speak with Andre in the museum. Must exhaust all avenues of conversation with him. That opens up Spain. Yahoo! Onwards and upwards.

 

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by megan2925 on Jan 24, 11 2:38 PM
I fixed the issue with the game running at light speed. Simple fix was to turn my iphone all the way off, then back on again. I guess it rebooted the game or something, Anyway, I have had no further issues.

 
magshev
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Trial stopped at quayside

[Post New]by magshev on Jan 24, 11 9:58 PM
Have played the trial (23mins left) and got as far as getting into the cellar at the quayside. Have unlocked then deciphered the code. As soon as I step thro' the door, it cuts to an intro, then back to the start of the game. Any suggestions plz.
Thanks


Thanks for the replies, I was so engrossed that it didn't click with me that yes.....shorter time for trial......going to blame it on my age lol

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 2:12:39 PM PST


 
Rmuh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Trial stopped at quayside

[Post New]by Rmuh on Jan 25, 11 8:05 AM
magshev wrote:Have played the trial (23mins left) and got as far as getting into the cellar at the quayside. Have unlocked then deciphered the code. As soon as I step thro' the door, it cuts to an intro, then back to the start of the game. Any suggestions plz.
Thanks

As soon as I reach that point it crashes every time back to desktop.

 
monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

Trial stopped at quayside

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Jan 28, 11 7:54 AM
magshev wrote:Have played the trial (23mins left) and got as far as getting into the cellar at the quayside. Have unlocked then deciphered the code. As soon as I step thro' the door, it cuts to an intro, then back to the start of the game. Any suggestions plz.
Thanks


Hi magshev, that is not a technical issue. That is just the point that the free trial runs out.
With some games (mostly adventure games or large files) The free trial covers only one chapter of the game rather than allowing one hour of gameplay. I suppose they do this because they assume gamers will take up to an hour to reach the end of a chapter, however, they don't realise that a lot of us are fast gamers!

In my opinion, 40 minutes usually enough time for me to gain an accurate impression of a game and whether I like it.

Happy gaming

 
monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Jan 28, 11 7:57 AM
Dianneamyte wrote:SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

Hi,

I am the end of: Chapter 10 "Bull's Head Hill" and am going into Chapter 11 "Villa de Vasconcellos"

I have shook hands with Klausner using the "hand buzzer" and have been automatically returned to Nico's apartment.

I have shown Nico the "lens" and now am supposed to go to the map and using the red arrow and travel to Europe to the
Chapter 11 "Villa de Vasconellos".

However, that location does not light up on the map.

I tried to skip over to the "Montfaucon Church" but, that does me no good as I need the "Challice" that I get from completing Chapter 11.

It is as if Chapter 11 is not included in the game. So - I am stuck.
I hate to get this far and not get to finish.

Can you help me please. Thank you - Dianne Seaquist



I believe that you still have to do something in Paris before you can travel:
You need to go to the Crune Museum and talk to Andre.
Then you can go to spain


Happy gaming!

 
monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Jan 28, 11 8:08 AM
SR13 wrote:I have tried twice now to install this game but with no success. Each time I try to open it I get the following Error message-
Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version.
File "Open AL32.dll", error 126.
Just after the game has loaded I get a notification that some software is waiting for me to ok it to be installed. The information given included a disclaimer that the software may be corrupt, carry a virus/ Trojan etc. Obviously I chose to cancel but it came up with the same message on each occasion- that the software has already been installed. Thankfully a full security check proved to be ok but this type of incident disturbs me greatly.
I have never had this type of problem before. Are the two incidents related or just a coincidence? Has anyone else experienced the same problems?


If the problem says Run DLL problem or has anything to do with .dll, then it is a problem with your computer and not the game.

As I can understand it- DLL is a part of your computer which allows several programmes to run at the same time without using up computer space. All the information about your multiple programme usage then gets stored away in your computer and over time becomes 'bloated'. In order to clear up this bloated-ness and clean up your computer a bit, you should try downloading CCleaner.

Make sure you download it from the official website. It is a small file and takes seconds to download and open.

Once you open CCleaner, click the 'Registry' button, then click 'Scan for Issues'. Once the scan has finished, click 'Fix selected issues'.

After you have fixed the issues, you should no longer get DLL messages and with a bit of luck you will be able to install your game properly.

Happy gaming!

 
jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jan 29, 11 3:32 PM
This is the first game I have downloaded where I ended up with a black screen, but was still able to hear the voices. This is a brand new computer and I've never had a problem before. I'm sure there is a way to fix it, but I just uninstalled the game - an easy fix!

 
monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Jan 30, 11 6:59 AM
jillaroogirl wrote:This is the first game I have downloaded where I ended up with a black screen, but was still able to hear the voices. This is a brand new computer and I've never had a problem before. I'm sure there is a way to fix it, but I just uninstalled the game - an easy fix!


That is strange, but I don't think uninstalling the game is an easy fix!
I have discovered that BF games do not like to work properly or run properly when I have my internet browser open (such as Firefox, or Internet Explorer). Perhaps you had one of these open when you tried the game? It could also be that as your computer is brand new, it is having trouble with the display settings as this game is an old one. Maybe try changing your display settings or screen resolution?

If the game really doesn't seem to work properly, then I recommend that you contact Customer services, who will try to help you make the game run. If customer services can't make it work then they will offer you a refund or game credit.

 

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by purplekicker69 on Feb 8, 11 10:41 AM
Please can someone help me!!

I have broken Sword on my Iphone and love playing this little game but I am stuck in the Bar. I know I have to get the wire which I have done, i have spoken to everyone that i should have done and got the green towel. When I hover over the plug switch the charater either says maybe not or just shrugs his shoulders.

I have been stuck for 3 days and it is driving me mad....Please help

 
mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 8, 11 11:39 AM
purplekicker69 wrote:Please can someone help me!!

I have broken Sword on my Iphone and love playing this little game but I am stuck in the Bar. I know I have to get the wire which I have done, i have spoken to everyone that i should have done and got the green towel. When I hover over the plug switch the charater either says maybe not or just shrugs his shoulders.

I have been stuck for 3 days and it is driving me mad....Please help

Check on page 2 of this forum -- read the topic "STUCK!" 3rd or 4th post down talks about the bar.
m

 
hj09
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by hj09 on Jun 13, 11 3:44 PM
Hi I'm playing on the iPad and really enjoying it. However I've just got to the church and screwed the lens in to reveal the image but now George has disappeared and I'm unable to move the scene so cant leave. All the blue circles work. I have saved and restored the game. Will be pretty hacked off to start again! Any ideas?

Thanks

 
Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Dec 8, 11 4:31 AM
Missing subtitles in the game, is there anywere to enable those, or are there just no subtitles?

 
 
 
 
Go to: