slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nightmare on the Pacific

[Post New]by slotfish on Jan 15, 11 5:13 AM
Well tried it dont really like it no buy for me sorry Jimmy you are on your own.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 15, 11 5:23 AM
Downloading now will let you know in an edit..... But based on Goofy, Cherbt, Casual, & Dr. will probably b a buy for me!! :-0 don't know how you all get these things reviewed so quickly was online til almost midnight EST last night and STILL there were 3 (yes 3 count em 3) games for the 15th !! Leanda! is a Happy Fish

Wow guy's WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! Based upon my favorite reviewers, I was totally ready to buy without playing. Gotta say so glad I at least tried 5 minutes, as that was as much as I could stand. Bought a LARGE screen heavy laptop last year to enjoy my games in a really big full screen (also helps with these OLD eyes to find things!). With this game I might as well have been playing on my iPhone!!
I agree with the other reviewers who hated the little boy screaming (even in only 5 minutes did it get annoying) and the music was just WAY over the top! Plus the mom is looking for "tommy, denise, & jimmy" no last name and the helicopter guys say "no they haven't been rescued? Like on a cruise ship there can only be ONE tommy, denise & jimmy??? Who does he think he is ???

this game was a total disappointment I can't think what CasualGran, GoofyDuck, Dr.Good & Cherbtoo were thinking!! Come on guys get back on track HUH??

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 5:37:31 AM PST

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jan 15, 11 6:04 AM
I got the Premium Edition a while back from somewhere else and really love it!!!

luckywife
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by luckywife on Jan 15, 11 6:11 AM
I played the demo for this game on another site. First, the woman's voice really drove me mad, very high pitched and whiney. The little boy's voice upset me so I turned the sound off. What really ticked me off was the **** scenes where there might be 2 or 3 of an item and you have to click the right one. Occasionally I felt off kilter, which is how you are supposed to feel if you are in a sinking ship but I didn't like the sensation at all. Although there are parts of the game that are really well done, it is a no buy for me. There are so many other good games out there to spend my credits on.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jan 15, 11 6:53 AM
I tried a demo of this a while ago. While it looks well done, 2 things that really don't go together well are panic-driven action stories, and HOGs.
"Help! Help! I'm drowning!"
"I'll be right there son, but first I have to find a hairpin, a horseshoe, lipstick, a melon, a beach ball, a wrench (hey this might come in handy), a wine glass, dice, a ruler, a fleur de lis, a gauntlet, a boomerang, and a babys' arm holding an apple!"
It's like watching an exciting movie yet constantly being told to go outside to pick up the garbage.

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 6:54:28 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 15, 11 7:08 AM
I just love this game. It plays like a movie and the graphics are amazing. I like having the options to adjust sounds,difficulty,screen size,voice overs. For me, this is an awesome game. But for those of you, who like your games simpler, this might not be for you. But this is for me and people who love adventure and challenging games.

I'd rate this: FINE SWINE
' '
(o)

note to developers-wow,great job,I appreciate your talents!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 15, 11 7:25 AM
Get out the Dramamine for this one. Where is Leonardo Dicaprio when you need him?

So your son is about to drown, the ship is about to sink and you are stopping to search for toilet brushes and paper airplanes. (Ok its just a game).
I wanted to like this game but found myself bored after 30 mins of playing. Too many H0 scenes, and not enough adventure for my taste. Graphics were so so. Once again I think its a game that woulda, coulda, shoulda been really good, if only they had put a little more time and effort into it.

uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by uniphin on Jan 15, 11 7:26 AM
played full hour, seemed like a decent game and story, didn't like the black screen top and bottom as well as sides, decided to check walkthrough to see what the length was like before purchasing, alas, was already halfway through,(start of chapter 4) no skips or hints used, so a no buy as too short.

4babes4me
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by 4babes4me on Jan 15, 11 8:06 AM
I bought this game when it first came out and paid premium edition price. My opinion is that it is a good game compared to most(not all) that we have been given lately. Loved the different storyline and graphics. Ran perfectly fine on my windows 7. Would not hesitate to buy again.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jan 15, 11 8:19 AM
I purchased this game when it first came out as a premium edition. Waited for awhile and didnt see it on BFG so I gave up and purchased elsewhere.

Really enjoyed the high quality of this game over all. Great graphics and I like the storyline.

I also liked the option at the end of game.

Feels like a dry spell here at BFG for my type of games. Of the new releases lately I had all ready purchased the CE's from BFG.

Happy game day

[Post New]by byrdsbytes on Jan 15, 11 8:29 AM
gmmace wrote:I liked the game, but after playing the demo, I'm more than halfway through, so I don't think I'll be purchasing.

Yeah GM, same here. Think I'll download the demo from another site and just go ahead and finish the game. Incredibly short.

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 8:32:05 AM PST

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Jan 15, 11 8:33 AM
Did not care for it. Seemed like they just remade Escape the Museum 2 and put it on a ship. I just found everyone annoying

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Lavender101 on Jan 15, 11 8:59 AM
When you lose both your dear parents in a storm on the Pacific, you don't even want to see games like this. You really don't.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Jan 15, 11 9:18 AM
Again, I really appreciate the reviews here. My desktop looks like a hog scene with so many games and demos.... if I can skip a demo here and there, it's a big help. This one is not a skip... you've made it sound pretty good, so I'm downloading as we speak.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jan 15, 11 9:22 AM
Well,,,this is a mixed bag of a game. Great adventure although I kinda got tired of the tone of voices..especially between husband and wife..but the graphics were very nice, game play somewhat redundant. It's a go here, pick up that...um now why do I have this kind of game.
I thought it was short and was wondering where the extra content was since it is shown in gamezeco's walkthrough but realized that the version we have is not CE, so no extras.
I spent much too much time in the walkthrough via gamezebo.
But considering we have been in a dry period of good games, this was a pleasure, although short.
Chris

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 15, 11 9:28 AM
Lavender101 wrote:When you lose both your dear parents in a storm on the Pacific, you don't even want to see games like this. You really don't.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Jan 15, 11 9:48 AM
I was really undecided on this one; I started off liking it and thought it was going to be really good for me; I did find it frustrating when I could only move in certain directions but presumably that is the "realistic" part of the game where you have to find the correct access first.

However, having played for the hour, I'm with Dr. Good on this one, it is really more of a straight HOG with a very small bit of interaction thrown in, and far too many HOG scenes for me. I'm not sure whether it will appeal to those who do like straight HOGs because of the possible difficulties of getting from one scene to another.

I'm going to pass on this at the moment, maybe consider it again if it ever becomes a D/D but for those who don't mind the structure and the moving ship (that part didn't bother me at all), the graphics appeared to be good and it could be a fun game.

[Post New]by Nieuport on Jan 15, 11 10:39 AM
Need a WALKTHROUGH
no new **** scenes...where do I find whatever I'm suppose to use to grab the keycard hanging from the lifeboat lines?

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 15, 11 10:55 AM
The graphics are well done. The gameplay is IHOG with HOG and mingames. There are items to collect as well. The game has a wonderful feeling and look about it. The storyline is amazing, except for one thing. The rescuers would have taken her away. Sorry, it's SOP (standard operating procedure). They would assume she was hysterical and poof no story. (note: they would do the same with a guy). So ignoring procedure, we have a wonderful story.

This game is an A.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jan 15, 11 10:57 AM
I am having problems and guess it's because it's not a hand holding game. I would like a walkthrough as sometimes I only need to peek at it and then I do fine. I don't think I will buy it as I don't like going back and forth..

Go to: