Re:Post any Nightmare on the Pacific technical issues here only

[Post New]by baglady159 on Jan 15, 11 7:30 AM
Another XP user listening to the "da da da " and patiently watching the "loading" sign waiting for it to go away...... Used up 7 minutes the first time but got out the second time after 3 minutes.

Tried it a 3rd time using the "escape key but it didn't work for me either. To get out easily, I clicked on the windows key to minimize it then got out using the comtrol/alt/delete key and ending the game there to avoid shutting down my computer.

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 7:36:30 AM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 15, 11 8:19 AM
Hey Fishies,

Thank you for posting and bringing the black screen issue to our attention. I've forwarded on the information and will be back to post any updates if available.

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by LaDeessse on Jan 15, 11 8:37 AM
Same here , keep looking at the loading .......and then nothing :-(

Softhaze
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Softhaze on Jan 15, 11 8:46 AM
Thanks so much bfgArnoStyx for noticing our problems.

haze

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Jan 15, 11 8:47 AM
'Loading' Screen with XP
I had this problem as well, but found i could get out of it by hitting the escape key.
Still needed to wait a bit for it to actually load (yawn) - prob around 1-2 mins, but then hitting the escape key brought up the game options, and closing that then took me to the game.
Hope this makes sense LOL

P.S. Finished the game in less than 2hrs - very disappointing

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Jan 15, 11 9:10 AM
After reading the other posts in this thread, I thought I'd let everyone know about my experience with this game. I played the demo from another site and it worked fine. I bought the CE version and right away I ran into problems. The game froze repeatly while loading between scenes. I contacted that site's technical support team and was told that they were aware of the issues (especially on the XP) and that I would be notified be e-mail once these problems were fixed. I never got any kind of notification so I contacted tech support again. The second time I was told that the problem was one that was created by the developer and that until they issued a fix the game would continue to be sold as is. I got a refund. Apparently, the developers never got that fix issued and the game is still
sold with flaws. For the record, I find it offensive when a company sells a product that has known issues. I will test the demo that's being offered by BF but if the number of responses in this thread continues to increase, I will check with BF tech support before I spend any money of this game. It's a sad situation because this promised to excellent game.

As always, this comment is my opinion only. I hope everyone enjoys thiis holiday weekend.

overthehill60

nandog
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by nandog on Jan 15, 11 9:16 AM
running on xp and the same problem .stuck in loading.

nandog

sandie3796
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by sandie3796 on Jan 15, 11 9:19 AM
did the free demo and then when I bought it in the very beginning where you are suppose to use the screwdriver it will not work and I have deleted it 3 times and redownloaded and even changed profile and same thing

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Jan 15, 11 9:30 AM
First of allthe game tooktoo long to down load and then activate. I played an hour of the full demo however the game freezes between sceens and I hit the Cntr-alt-del keys and only then does the game activate. Spoiler: Also I managed to rescue the boy however when I moved on to search for the next person, I keep getting the message on the left upper corner saying that I need to free the boy ????? which I did. Anyhow, I think I will wait until there is a fix of somekind before I buy. A pity because it was rather entertaining to play.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

WARNING BLUE SCREEN ERROR MESSAGE

[Post New]by joyzebra on Jan 15, 11 10:27 AM
XP user here. Demo worked fine, purchased game. After saving boy, walkthru says watch cut sceen and phone rings. Didn't happen, I went up to heliport and when I clicked on boy, I got the dreaded BLUE SCREEN!!!! Had to pull plug out of computer to get out of it. I am back but am afraid to try the game again. But I will and let you know how I make out.

[Post New]by perennially on Jan 15, 11 10:34 AM
Got round the initial loading screen by using escape key but the game stuck again at next one and also had to use control-alt-del to get out. Using XP. May try again when there is a fix.

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Jan 15, 11 10:55 AM
I was having a problem with the inventory items. If you pick up the wrong inventory item, you have to put the item back in the same place exactly or it will not release the item.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jan 15, 11 11:28 AM
Is it just me or have there been a lot of games lately that don't work? I never have been able to get Witches Prison to work, even after the update, and still waiting on Fell Woods. I got thru the intro to Nightmare, and to the loading screen and there I stayed. Got up and put some clothes in the dryer and heated some soup and still "downloading" Shuttng down the computer was the only way to exit. What gives????? I have been loyal to mBF, but am wondering, Don't they play these games themselves before releasing?

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 11:33:51 AM PST

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Jan 15, 11 11:33 AM
I also notice a lot of games I have trouble with. I would buy more games if I could get through the demo without problems. I love to play!!

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Tink44 on Jan 15, 11 12:19 PM
Black screen with loading couldn't get out went to Task Manager which paused game then able to continue but on each action screen went black and started loading. If pressed ctrl alt del again carried on but evenutally stuck after trying to open suitcase. Minutes wasted whilst waiting for the "loading" to stop.

dizzypd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by dizzypd on Jan 15, 11 12:33 PM
Whats happening tried to download this game and it says trial over its a new game i havent downloaded it before has anyone else had same prob? looks like a no buy for me if i cant even try it .....its a shame it looked like a good game from video

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Jan 15, 11 12:42 PM
These games lately are rubbish!!! Black screen, freezing
, floating cursor,etc etc.........unacceptable!

ojrufee
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by ojrufee on Jan 15, 11 12:50 PM
Micha1234 wrote:I got the game somewhere else and it works fine for me. I run on Windows 7 64 bit.
With all the games that don't work properly lately I'm coming to the conclusion that it has something to do with the Game Manager - rather than always our computers.

I played a demo of this game a few months ago and it was very glitchy for me so I don't think you can put the blame on the Big Fish game manager.

prose_2
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by prose_2 on Jan 15, 11 1:20 PM
I didn't have a problem loading and was well into the game (saving the father) when I got the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. Now i'm not sure what to do. I'll try playing again but if the "dreaded blue screen" comes back, I guess I'll ask for a refund. Will let you know. Yes i'm running XP.

Well I didn't get the blue screen of death but i still couldn't play because it became scrambled (pixilated?) unable to see the screen or move. gl to you all, I'm unable to play further.

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 2:00:25 PM PST

[Post New]by halice3115 on Jan 15, 11 2:05 PM
I was in an **** scene when the game and my cursor completely froze. Ctrl Alt Delete did nothing. I manually turned off and then restarted my computer to the BLUE SCREEN. I ran the recommended "Startup Repair" to no avail. My PC has completely crashed.......

Go to: