bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Game incompatible with Windows XP...

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jan 26, 11 7:40 AM
I wish I would have seen these posts before I loaded the demo. I have tried to play 4 times. I can get through the opening sequence just fine but when it comes to actually loading the game it just keeps loading and repeating the same music over and over. I see where MarpleLover says we should have at least 3 gigs of memory to play these games. I have been playing through BF for almost 1 year and other sites before this.I have 2 gigs and have never had a problem with any of these games. That is until this one and I really wanted to give it a try.

Supernerd
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Supernerd on Jan 26, 11 11:36 AM
I've only got two gigs of memory on my XP Pro machine, and Nightmare works fine. Just play it in windowed mode, so that if it freezes during loading, just move the window a pixel or so and it'll come right. That's one hiccup I found I can live with and I bought the game.
I've also finished the game and enjoyed it. I wish it had been a longer game though.

Grnmeadow
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Grnmeadow on Jan 28, 11 12:26 PM
I hate to be a bah-humbug, but, I must be too stupid to play this game. One of the problems I found was you play a long and then all of a sudden it quits and goes back to game manager. Just like it would if your time ran out. But, it didn't.

Without a hint button, I am lost. I am stuck with the little boy in the pool and I can't get him out. I don't think I will buy this one. Unless someone can put me in the right direction, this will go in the garbage can.

MESSYBESS
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MESSYBESS on Feb 13, 11 9:19 PM
Dear GRNMeadow,
You have to free the steward in the dining room so he can help. Good luck!

I have Windows XP Media edition and I have had no problems(cross my fingers)! I got my computer in 2006 and I don't know about the other stuff! I'm computer illiterate.

MESSYBESS

lorpat2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lorpat2 on Feb 19, 11 5:22 AM
I found out that if I don't play with full screen I don't have as many loading problems

everln
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by everln on Feb 19, 11 1:00 PM
I am having problems with Windows 7 but it is playing fine on XP only problem it is slow but that is because it is an older machine I couldnt even get through demo on 7

[Post New]by gamerchick52 on Aug 1, 11 6:34 AM
Right click on the .exe file or shortcut of the game
select compatibility
change to windows 98 or 95
and it WORKS!!!!!

Clay8720
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by Clay8720 on Aug 1, 11 7:00 AM
I am also an XP Home Edition user and I am finding a trend of game and other software developers that can afford all these fancier newer computers that I can't are writing the software for them and leaving the small fry out of the equation. I consider anyone that won't or thinks they don't need to make their software backward compatible with slower machines, or less memory, or just downright dumb, why? Because if I were a game developer, I'd want my games on as many OLDER platforms that are still in use. I'd make more money by do so too. But that's just my opinion.

I have several systems that can't even go above 512Mb of ram still in use, most of the BFG's I've purchased have played on those, all running XP, just fine. I have only encountered one BFG I absolutely can not get to run on any of my computers, it's a vampire **** game, funny thing is it works just fine on my wife's Toshiba Laptop, of which I have the same exact identical laptop, but won't run on it (both with Windows XP), very strange.

However, I am not liking the newer games where I can not turn off the custom cursor, most games I can eliminate the custom cursor usually will run fine aon just about any machine I put it on. But when I can't, those games tend to bog down and be very slow to play, very annoying.

I have tried Vista and Windows 7, I HATE AND LOATHE BOTH of them! The idiots at Microsoft made a big mistake in their stopping support for XP! It's definitely the better of the two!

[Post New]by gamerchick52 on Aug 1, 11 7:05 AM
I absolutely agree. XP was and is the best os Microsoft produced.

You might want to try the same tip with the Vampire *** game.

Plus Vista is crap and eats more memory on start up alone than
XP uses to run fifty different apps.

As for having at least 3 gigs of memory as another postor suggested...
um no you really dont.
A gig will suffice. 512mb is getting me thru most of them with no problems.
Albeit a little slow on the bigger games.
I run the one gig sys req games also.
Keep your computer clean, updated and free of junk and mal/spy/av and
it should work just fine, unless you have Vista or Seven then, my condolences.
lol

Edited on 08/01/2011 at 7:13:35 AM PST

Go to: