uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:Technical Issues

[Post New]by uniphin on Jan 17, 11 6:18 AM
downloaded no probs, slow to load, including each scene change, urgg.... played ok for a while, game froze up, used task manager to exit game, tried to re-start game but wouldn't even finish loading, will not buy unless these glitches are fixed. (windows 7)was this game not tested first as so many people are having issues??????

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Jan 17, 11 6:21 AM
I have 3 GiG of RAM memory and had never had a problem running a BF game so it might be a VERY important factor not mentioned in the game description. Of if it is many people are not checking this requirement.

Technical Issues

[Post New]by smokeysmum on Jan 17, 11 6:41 AM
JLnn wrote:When I try to open the game I get the message "Resolution Width less than 1027 or Resolution Height less that 768 is not supported." Any ideas as to what I can do to open the game?
thanks

Click on Start....go to Control panel......Click on Appearances and themes.......where it says change screen resolution, move the arrow from less to more. This will now show 1200 by 1024 pixels. then click on OK. Hope you find this helpful.

[Post New]by auntP59 on Jan 17, 11 7:11 AM
Mine said the same thing. Change your screen resolution on your background to what the game is asking for.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 17, 11 7:22 AM
I think the resolution error messages are coming from those trying to run it on a Netbook. The maximum resolution on most Netbooks is 1024x600. This game apparently doesn't run at that resolution. Changing the resolution to 1024x768 on a Netbook is not possible without some extra settings changed that allow the screen to be scrollable. Then the game may or may not work.

My WinXP SP3 machine has 2MB of ram. That should be adequate for any Casual Game. My on-board Intel video chip has only 128Mb of Memory. That is on the low side, but still feel that Casual games should be designed to work within those parameters.

This game did not work well on my system. It did play, but the cursor began to have a mind of its own after I got the first spell. That made it unplayable. Everything else seems to work OK.

Edited on 01/17/2011 at 7:23:18 AM PST

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Jan 17, 11 7:50 AM
Can't get the cursor out of my name block so uninstalled it also I could've done with a feature to change your cursor to the normal one instead of the game one. Pity looked a cool game.... may try downloading it again in a couple of days

mermaidjwl
Manatee
Manatee
4,265 Posts

[Post New]by mermaidjwl on Jan 17, 11 7:52 AM
I bought the game. It wouldn't run and I un-installed and re-installed and it still won't run.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Jan 17, 11 8:03 AM
As stated on another thread my game keeps freezing!
It was running fine and I went to purchase it, came back to play and it froze up. Re-started it again and froze while loading.
I have brand new computer so updating drivers etc. is not going to fix this.
Sure hope they come up with a fix.

VestasMom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by VestasMom on Jan 17, 11 8:09 AM
I can't play the game because in the very beginning, during the first three steps of the tutorial, it has a problem. I pick up the bread, the bread doesn't make it into the inventory, I pick up the offering stand and then I'm supposed to put the non-existent bread on the stand. OOPS! Shut the game down, started again, same problem. Switched to windowed mode and it plays. HMMM Back to Fishdom!

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Jan 17, 11 8:22 AM
I am posting a link here to a thread I started regarding missing inventory items.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/138249.page#2673317

It seems the game is a little glitchy when it comes to the inventory, especially if tabbing out of the game and causing it to pause.

I found this was corrected by reloading the game but when I tabbed back out to post an update and then resumed the game without having done anything , certain items had disappeared again.

A quit and reload seems to correct this, but just thought I'd let people know if they come across the same problem.

.....Now to go and use that metal ring before it disappears again!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 17, 11 8:39 AM
Lucy_Q wrote:My game took FOREVER to load. I've used up 39 of my free minutes and only got through the first screen puzzle to Anubis' chamber.

Is it just me?

The very same problem. It also used up most of my virtual mem, which has only happend when I have run multipal programs with the internet. Also had bad cursor control. Looks like it's in need of many fixes needed before I even consider buying. It's sad as I think it would have been a buy for me as I liked what I saw so far.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jan 17, 11 8:43 AM
I made it through the false door and into whatever you want to call it. Made it through the first section then once I used my shovel to explore the passage to the right the game started freezing on me once I got further into the game. With only 6 minutes left in the demo I uninstallled & reinstalled. What little I played seemed to work fine. I really like it so am going to use a credit to buy. If I encounter further problems I will post here again. One thing I noticed that was different is that the first time I downloaded it went relatively quickly, faster than I would have thought for a game of this size. Second time I downloaded it took a little longer, but it was what I expected given my connection and file size. Maybe that had something to do with the problems I had. I don't know.

Yes, it is a federal holiday here in the states-but fact is, most businesses are open. At least here they are. It's up to the business owner as to whether or not the business stays open or closes. Most schools are off, banks , most local, state, and fedaral offices are closed (though I think we've got trash pick up) , public libraries are closed the post office is closed as well. I don't know if BF observes the holiday or not.

[Post New]by bostonsrus on Jan 17, 11 8:45 AM
it was actually a relief when my one hour ran out so I wont be frustrated trying to play the game I will not be buying this with all the problems

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jan 17, 11 9:19 AM
I'm not buying this game till there are major fixes.

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Resolution Problems

[Post New]by caput on Jan 17, 11 9:27 AM
aadams1964 wrote:When the message came that your resolution has to be at least 1024/768 you just go to Start....control panel..........then click on Appearance or Personalization and move the bar until you get at least the 1024 by 768 the game is asking for. Then click "apply" and you should be good to go.

I did this and it fixed the resolution problem but the game is still like wading through a big vat of molasses. Very slow and jerky.

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Jan 17, 11 9:36 AM
cll1950 wrote:
Lucy_Q wrote:My game took FOREVER to load. I've used up 39 of my free minutes and only got through the first screen puzzle to Anubis' chamber.

Is it just me?

The very same problem. It also used up most of my virtual mem, which has only happend when I have run multipal programs with the internet. Also had bad cursor control. Looks like it's in need of many fixes needed before I even consider buying. It's sad as I think it would have been a buy for me as I liked what I saw so far.

How sad is this??? I beta'd this game and had problems from the very beginning where I couldn't get out of the name box. Then I downloaded the game the other day and it's running slow as molasses. I too had problems with it using up most of my virtual memorary which has never happened before and taking approx. 10 minutes to load. Obviously the game has many issues that need to be corrected and still the developers released it knowing there were problems. Looks like a good game but a good game is not worth purchasing if you can't play.

Megami
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Megami on Jan 17, 11 10:09 AM
My problem, the program just stops so I have to Control ALt Delete and get rid of the program that stoped working and get back in can not get passed the brazier room getting in stoped the program and next time just being there stoped the program I can not get past it.

dreamer52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by dreamer52 on Jan 17, 11 10:15 AM
I'm using windows xp and also ran into the jerky cursor problem.. popping the bubbles took forever because i couldn't get out of the way of the green bubbles and kept losing progress. very frustrating. seems like a lot of the hog games are coming up with issues lately.

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Jan 17, 11 10:34 AM
MarpleLover wrote:I have 3 GiG of RAM memory and had never had a problem running a BF game so it might be a VERY important factor not mentioned in the game description. Of if it is many people are not checking this requirement.

I too don't normally have this kind of problem.

Given the reports of slow loading, and I agree that this is happening throughout the game, I was very surprised to see that the published system req for RAM is 128mb!

Many games are now 512mb or more and this one is taking up a lot of my RAM even though I too have 3gb of it. Game not loaded, I am on around 39% RAM, game loaded this whizzes up to around 89%!

Maybe it is a mistake as running it on my PC, it still loads very slowly (although I am managing to get through it - with patience ) so not much fun for anyone who is trying to run it with less!

[Post New]by hpenfold on Jan 17, 11 10:56 AM
the game wont load at all

Go to: