Re:Post any Aveyond: The Darkthrop Prophecy technical issues here only

[Post New]by littleoldlady on Jan 22, 11 5:27 AM
I have all of the Aveyond series games, but have not played them since I got a new computer a year ago. I'm running a Dell Inspiron with Windows XP and using an old Daewoo monitor.

When I try running this game the picture is shifted to the left. About an inch of the image is cut off on the left and there is a black bar of equal size on the right. I tried adjusting my display resolution and using the buttons on the monitor to adjust the screen.

I currently have four Avayond games on my computer and this is happening with all of them. No other programs or games are doing this. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 22, 11 12:57 PM
I had that issue with the second Flux Family Secrets game, but not any of the Aveyond games. You could try running it in windowed mode rather than full screen.

Also, have you tried checking for updates for your video drivers?

Edited on 01/22/2011 at 12:58:47 PM PST

[Post New]by littleoldlady on Jan 22, 11 1:37 PM
ShazPG wrote:I had that issue with the second Flux Family Secrets game, but not any of the Aveyond games. You could try running it in windowed mode rather than full screen.

Also, have you tried checking for updates for your video drivers?

Thanks. I'll try both. If that doesn't do the trick it will be an excuse to buy a new monitor. I'm way overdue.

Can't get previous game to load into Darkthrop Prophecy

[Post New]by varie24 on Jan 23, 11 4:14 PM
When I finish the Lost Orb, I save to go into Darkthrop Prophecy. However, when I try to pull up the saved file in Darkthrop Prophecy, It won't allow me to resume from where I left off. I can only start as Mel at level 5. Why is this?

[Post New]by Survivor007 on Jan 24, 11 2:05 PM
Everytime i started the game it says that the RGSS player stopped working.
I have installed and reinstalled twice and it still didn´t work.
It´s the fist BigFish Game that this error occured.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 24, 11 2:37 PM
Hi Survivor007,

The RGSS player error can often be resolved by checking and adjusting your Data Execution Prevention settings. More information and some steps can be found in this help article:

Errors: DRMactivator, 803, 703

I'd recommend giving the steps a try, and if the trouble persists or if you have any specific questions, then please be sure to contact our Customer Support team for further assistance.

They can be reached via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

texgma
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by texgma on Jan 25, 11 10:18 PM
In the beginning the bugs will not move in the forest. I read all issues here and did everything stated. Even deleted the game , added new game, reloaded, well just everything even reinstalled and cannot go anywhere, What else can I do ?

Thanks

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 25, 11 10:24 PM
They will not move while Mel is in your party, only while Edward and Stella are together. If you have the quest to get the storm bug carcasses for Yari in Veldarah, you can also fight them - good way to get some easy gold early on

[Post New]by theisa on Feb 4, 11 2:17 PM
Hi!

I have got the pirate ship. i boarded the ship and i can sail around but i am not able to get of the ship on any of the docks? I can not enter the menu either.
I have played all the Aveyond games on my computer with out any trouble.

What can i do?

Best regards
Therese

dshirlow
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by dshirlow on Feb 5, 11 4:50 PM
must say pretty pissed at this game continuly freezing, spending more time shutting down the game and restarting than actual play time fix this issue

dshirlow
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by dshirlow on Feb 5, 11 4:54 PM
ok so shut the game down restarted and it won't allow my to board my ship, waited a long time for this game and so far i think a refund is warrented.

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Feb 11, 11 8:25 AM
I keep getting Script Hanging errors which stops the game completely. Really bummed. Searched internet and fix/patch of the gamer site won't download.

PGorski
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by PGorski on Feb 27, 11 5:46 PM
I am at the northern isles (too early in the game, btw) and I can't get back on the boat to get back to where I'm supposed to be travelling. I've played all the aveyonds so I know how I'm supposed to board, but it's not working here. I can get right up to the boat, but can't board. I've tried reloading, exiting completely out of the game and even rebooting. Grrr. I want off this island!

[Post New]by amberembalmer on Apr 19, 11 6:56 PM
PGorski wrote:I am at the northern isles (too early in the game, btw) and I can't get back on the boat to get back to where I'm supposed to be travelling. I've played all the aveyonds so I know how I'm supposed to board, but it's not working here. I can get right up to the boat, but can't board. I've tried reloading, exiting completely out of the game and even rebooting. Grrr. I want off this island!

I am having the same problem!! I have gone back and forth with no problems until now. Now I'm stuck on the eastern island. I can go anywhere on the island and do anything else but get onto the ship to go back to Sedona. I've tried using the mouse and the keyboard (Enter). Any thoughts would be appreciated....

[Post New]by Akestrelia on Aug 29, 11 2:58 PM
Was ready to start TDP, but the last game save at the end of TLO did not automatically install to TDP (It's on the desktop.) What do I do?

[Post New]by Akestrelia on Sep 1, 11 9:37 AM
Clicked on DP to continue from a GF icon but got the message "RGSS" not functioning. The game would not load. Tried several times with the same result.

Glitch in Arana's house (Sedona)

[Post New]by Sarandipity on Sep 17, 12 11:12 PM
When confronting Anara in Sedona, the game continually freezes in the middle of conversation with her. I have restarted multiple times with the same effect.

liseh
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by liseh on Jan 30, 13 3:56 PM
I have tried playing the trial versions of The Darkthrop Prophecy and Gates of Night over the last couple of days, but there isn't any text showing up in the speech bubbles or in menu lists other than the main menu page. Makes things rather challenging, and does not encourage me to keep playing

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 30, 13 4:03 PM
Hi liseh and and welcome to the Pond!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the text showing properly in this game. With this type of display issue, the first thing we suggest is checking for updates to your video card, graphics drivers and the programs that handle those aspects of the game. You can read more about how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't get everything straightened out, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to see what else might be causing the problem and work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting from there. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by SCCats on Sep 23, 13 10:10 AM
I am having some of the same problems as others have mentioned here. However, I can't read the answers. I just finished the Lost Orb and started Darkthrop prophecy, however, Mel won't move. I am a mouse user and she will not move with the mouse. With the keyboard she only moves to the left. I have gone into Options and changed things and it still doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Go to: