[Post New]by msodekamp on Jan 30, 11 9:55 AM
Probably the valve is in your inventory already

lcmoody
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Welcome to Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life forum

[Post New]by lcmoody on Jan 30, 11 6:18 PM
alanolan wrote:Major glitch...I have restarted the level 3 times now and the result is the same.I get the money out of the safe and the hanger is still locked with the dog sitting there.I even went to youtube and followed step by step from the video walkthrough after restarting the level.It made no difference the gate is still locked.It is a shame I would really like to finish this game.Anyone else have the same issue? Any tips as to how I may resolve this other than starting the game over,I already have 22 hours invested in it.

lcmoody
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lcmoody on Jan 30, 11 6:31 PM
I had the same identical problem. I went back to previously saved games to try different scenarios but the Sarah and Sylvie dialog does not break when Sarah tells Sylvie to "look around." If you end the dialog at that point and leave Sarah to go to the main gate, nothing happens, the dog is still there. If you go back to where Sarah and Sylvie first started the dialog, Sarah is still at the back gate. You can continue the dialog about the map coordinates and the air ship as if the characters were looking at the airship although both characters are still standing at the back gate where the original dialog started. Sending Sylvie to the main gate at the end of all the dialog only leaves here at a closed gate with the dog. Visiting the count and getting the money does not change anything. You are stuck with no place to go.

[Post New]by donnasw8 on Jan 30, 11 6:56 PM
I have a question about getting the parcel from the customs office with the valve in it. I go through the conversation, but don't get anything from the officer. I have tried several times, and still nothing. Thanks.

[Post New]by donnasw8 on Jan 30, 11 6:58 PM
I have a question about getting the parcel from the customs office with the valve in it. I go through the conversation, but don't get anything from the officer. I have tried several times, and still nothing. Thanks.

jodda
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jodda on Jan 30, 11 10:20 PM
donnasw8 wrote:I have a question about getting the parcel from the customs office with the valve in it. I go through the conversation, but don't get anything from the officer. I have tried several times, and still nothing. Thanks.

you have to go to Documents and click on pascel that you got the address form and the valvue goes into your inventory

Edited on 01/30/2011 at 10:23:19 PM PST

lcmoody
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lcmoody on Jan 31, 11 9:31 AM
alanolan wrote:Major glitch...I have restarted the level 3 times now and the result is the same.I get the money out of the safe and the hanger is still locked with the dog sitting there.I even went to youtube and followed step by step from the video walkthrough after restarting the level.It made no difference the gate is still locked.It is a shame I would really like to finish this game.Anyone else have the same issue? Any tips as to how I may resolve this other than starting the game over,I already have 22 hours invested in it.

judithd
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

The ramrod

[Post New]by judithd on Jan 31, 11 11:51 PM
I got the ramrod out, but I can't see where to put it. The only suggestion was "the block at the back of the chest." But I can't see it. .... I finally got it... after I right clicked the ramrod back into the chest and heard Sylvie say "I can push gently with it." I found the right place on the back left of the side... a little metal spot on the bottom.

Edited on 01/31/2011 at 11:57:38 PM PST

jodda
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jodda on Feb 1, 11 12:14 AM
oh dear why wont this silly game let me put the map on the consol I have got to this point twice and it wont go any further HELLLLLLLLLLLLP ......I put this here because for the life of me I cant find the post button

judithd
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

About the toner problem

[Post New]by judithd on Feb 1, 11 4:45 PM
I contacted tech support and discovered that you can't continue the game from the demo. Once you've purchased the game you have to start all over. I tried it and the toner situation was solved.

[Post New]by Anatema on Feb 4, 11 4:21 AM
I cant get the ramrod out either and both the curator and the director vanish before I can get any of the items I want from them, I should of read this comments before I purchased this game , I have reinstalled it problably 20 times and nothing happens.

[Post New]by abreaux on Feb 4, 11 2:30 PM
COMPUCHIPS wrote:I have a problem, when I have to go to get valve,in the conversation she's suppose to give me the money but it doesn't go on inventory and then go to get the parcel and we talk but no parcel help!

You have to make sure that you attached the cable (found to left of the hanger door, outside) to the electric boards. One is beside the door on the right and the other is across near the fence. And you wont see money in your inventory after talking to sylvia. But after you talk to the guy about the parcel, open your documents and click on parcel. Once open, click on the actual parcel and the valve will be in your inventory.

[Post New]by NicoleH62 on Feb 4, 11 6:43 PM
Can someone tell me how to swing from the rope I threw over the branch? There were no actions available in the close up of the branch. Also I found Sylvie could get stuck in a loop where she was walking in mid-air in the tree canopy! I followed the Walkthrough carefully but am still stuck!!! I even went back to an earlier save point to try again but still no way of swinging for those last bits of fruit!

rozlina
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by rozlina on Feb 5, 11 1:48 AM
I wanted to download this game earlier but I saw what seemed like a slider puzzle on the poster of this game. Screeeeech! No way am I gonna do a slider puzzle. Is there really a slider puzzle in this game? If none, then I'm gonna get the game. It looks interesting mucho!

[Post New]by trinastanton on Feb 5, 11 10:36 PM
This game is making my blood pressure go up. I have restarted it numerous times and wasted hours and hours. The first time when I was supposedly given the resin and the toner, he didn't give them to me, I restarted the whole stupid game and this time, he gives me the toner, but when he tells me he will be back in a minute with the resin, he never returns. Antoine's door remains closed and I am standing there waiting and waiting....I started two more times, and the same thing happens. As many problems as I have read on this game, BF should give everyone that has bought a free game credit, or something, for all the time we have wasted. I don't know what to do now. There is no way that I am starting again. I, too, learned to save often. But what is the point, if you can't continue?? I have been a member of BF for several years, but this may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Looks like, after all the numerous problems posted here, they would do something. I guess I just wasted that money. Sorry, I had to vent, I am really irritated.

[Post New]by towandamaria on Feb 5, 11 10:58 PM
Havisng the same problem - stuck in Venice - very frustrating!! Have had problems with the last 2 games I have purchased. I don't want to start over agian!!!!!

[Post New]by mamapeep on Feb 6, 11 7:56 AM
swifty58 wrote:I am nearing the end of the game - we are on Bimini. I have collected the fruit, and spoken to the "Count", and, according to the walkthrough, am now supposed to speak to the villager to find out the correct combination of fruits. Unfortunately, even though Bimini is apparently extremely small, I am unable to find this mysterious villager. What the heck??????? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by SPUTNIK1958 on Feb 6, 11 11:53 PM
trinastanton wrote:This game is making my blood pressure go up. I have restarted it numerous times and wasted hours and hours. The first time when I was supposedly given the resin and the toner, he didn't give them to me, I restarted the whole stupid game and this time, he gives me the toner, but when he tells me he will be back in a minute with the resin, he never returns. Antoine's door remains closed and I am standing there waiting and waiting....I started two more times, and the same thing happens. As many problems as I have read on this game, BF should give everyone that has bought a free game credit, or something, for all the time we have wasted. I don't know what to do now. There is no way that I am starting again. I, too, learned to save often. But what is the point, if you can't continue?? I have been a member of BF for several years, but this may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Looks like, after all the numerous problems posted here, they would do something. I guess I just wasted that money. Sorry, I had to vent, I am really irritated.

[Post New]by SPUTNIK1958 on Feb 6, 11 11:56 PM
Hi
About Antoine not coming back - I went for at walk to the inn or something and came back and he came with the resin - as I remember it. I am right now stuck in Gibraltar not able to put the map on the console.... Think I will go to youtube to see what is out there....

[Post New]by SPUTNIK1958 on Feb 6, 11 11:58 PM
towandamaria wrote:Havisng the same problem - stuck in Venice - very frustrating!! Have had problems with the last 2 games I have purchased. I don't want to start over agian!!!!!

There is a "glitch" in the game in Venice. You have to go back to a game saved before you go under the bridge with the gondol - then try again and you will succeed

Go to: