Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of LifeE technical issues here only

[Post New]by FanofBF on Jan 20, 11 8:57 AM
I am in Cairo and the man at the market gives me a pot to milk the camel with but the pot is nowhere in my inventory. Can someone help?

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Jan 20, 11 12:43 PM
jlroeder wrote:Ok, doesn't look like anyone has had the problem I am having....I can't get the chest open ....I have listened to the dictaphone...talked to Claire several times....looked at the jupiter thing and the gale pictures....but the chest still won't open! What am I doing wrong?????

Set the clocks in order that was given, ie Gale, Jupiter, Date from Claire. Gale no. is on board, Jupiter no. is on ceiling of hall. If Claire hasn't told you her special date then you have to do other things to trigger it. A tip...press the dial and not the hands on the clocks of the chest. The hands move Lt. or Rt. depending which side you click. Took me a while to realise not to try moving the hands. LOL

Good luck...you'll need it with all the gremlins in this game.

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Jan 20, 11 1:04 PM
vkacademy wrote:
craneneck wrote:I went to talk to the janitor about the toner cartridge, and the new cartridge did not go into my inventory. I can no longer speak to him or anyone and am stuck.

Same here. Seems to be a glitch. I tried from a previous save as well.

I had the empty cartridge in inventory when I spoke to the janitor. After he gave it to me I checked and the empty one was now full. Took me a minute or two before I thought to check it as I didn't think he'd given it to me. LMSO
Hope this is the case for you two.
I think there are more than a bug or two. More like a squad of Gremlins.
I got to the Counts place and did the board and the tree of life puzzle. Got the seeds and talked to the Count. He told me to run and pushed me out so got the cut scene, went to Cairo. Cursor went weird and showed the hand in places I couldn't use it, so, reloaded to the end of the tree of life puzzle...dozens of times. It was pot luck whether I got the tree puzzle, which was on the load screen, or the journal/info window. Now that was real spooky.LOL. The thing that's really ticked me off...I have the same prob as many here, I can't get the cut scene or access the gondola now.

[Post New]by dcbaker1982 on Jan 20, 11 2:42 PM
I can't even get this game to download. It keeps saying there is an error.....My system or the game??????? Sounds like there are alot of problems with this game.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jan 20, 11 2:49 PM
I seem to have a different issue. I've never run into this before. The picture is half off the monitor. The whole left side is black. When I close it, all is fine again. I don't think it's my monitor...anyone have any ideas?

[Post New]by FIFI1011 on Jan 20, 11 4:02 PM
I seem to be having the same problem as others on here, I'm not getting the toner from the Janitor, i have went back 3 times now from a saved point and still wont give me it, i i did start the game from the begining again after buying it, didnt really want to start again but it looks like i'll have to, not good.

Baybear
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Baybear on Jan 20, 11 5:33 PM
I"m not getting the mask or flare from the masked partiers in Venice. I gave them the autographed book and the woman mentions the flare, but then all converation is ended and nothing goes into inventory (I scrolled the inventory arrows and nothing new was there). I went back and forth and tried to talk to them again, but no conversation was allowed and no mask or flare. I loaded an earlier portion of the game and "came through again" using the walkthrough, but again... no mask or flare were given. Sounds like a bunch of bugs in this one.

[Post New]by dora1224 on Jan 20, 11 6:39 PM
craneneck wrote:I went to talk to the janitor about the toner cartridge, and the new cartridge did not go into my inventory. I can no longer speak to him or anyone and am stuck.

Same here. Reloaded different save and same thing. Went to janitor and no toner and can't get into box or talk to anyone.

kahlan_1
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan_1 on Jan 20, 11 8:50 PM
Downloaded trial and cant get it to play at all just full black screen. Have to cntrl alt del to get out of it

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 20, 11 9:25 PM
It is too bad that I didn't look here before downloading and trying.... I got frustrated so decided to check the forums. When I saw how many folks/fishies were having trouble with this it was like deja vu all over again! COME ON BFG test these games FIRST....

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by vkacademy on Jan 20, 11 10:05 PM
Glitches seem to be popping up randomly for a lot of us. Mine is in Cairo, after copying the map and returning to the antiques dealer, he is supposed to take the scarf back during our conversation. Well, the conversation happens, but he never takes the scarf, so I can't actually continue the game.

micky1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by micky1955 on Jan 20, 11 10:59 PM
by Silentone1 on January 19, 12:45 PM
I am stuck in the conversation with the Gondalier in the meeting hall. He says he has something to give me. But the characters continue to look around. No dialogue and I can not leave the scene.

I am having exactly the same problem.

[Post New]by tobor57 on Jan 21, 11 12:32 AM
I never had the demo, so can't blame it on that. I do have 2 of the glitches. I did not get the full toner cartridge nor did I get the flour. Like the others I can't talk to Antoine or the Innkeeper any more. I am not going to keep starting the game over again in the hopes it will work. If they can't come up with an update to fix this, I think we need our money back.

pbashby
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by pbashby on Jan 21, 11 5:45 AM
gosh ... sounds like a really "buggy" game ... so many folks with the same issues. I'm stuck in Venice, Sylvie just will NOT run away - though I'm ready to. Perhaps BFG could give us poor frustrated gamers a credit for another game ..... this one is TOO buggy for words.

nikoko
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by nikoko on Jan 21, 11 6:03 AM
FanofBF wrote:I am in Cairo and the man at the market gives me a pot to milk the camel with but the pot is nowhere in my inventory. Can someone help?

I am having this problem too. I have gone back to a previous save and still don't get the pot. Grrrrrrrrrrr

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Jan 21, 11 8:38 AM
Baybear wrote:I"m not getting the mask or flare from the masked partiers in Venice. I gave them the autographed book and the woman mentions the flare, but then all converation is ended and nothing goes into inventory (I scrolled the inventory arrows and nothing new was there). I went back and forth and tried to talk to them again, but no conversation was allowed and no mask or flare. I loaded an earlier portion of the game and "came through again" using the walkthrough, but again... no mask or flare were given. Sounds like a bunch of bugs in this one.

I'm having the same problem! Have tried playing the scene over using a save...nope still have no mask or flare in inventory. Also, deleted and reinstalled the game. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by pcic57 on Jan 21, 11 8:52 AM
Happens to me again:

am having a similar technical problem to others. I got the bucket of water (after I purchased the game) and gave it to the innkeeper, and he supposedly gave me the powder, but I have no powder, the water is still in my inventory and I can't talk to him anymore. Based on previous posts, I assume starting from scratch will solve the problem

uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life technical issues here only

[Post New]by uniphin on Jan 21, 11 11:35 AM
Have just hit my 3rd glitch, first i wasn't given toner, restarted from scratch, second, couldn't light flare in gondoler, restarted at begining of venice part (save often)
and now i can't get the whip from the camel trader in Egypt, Come on BFG this could be a good game if there were not so many infuriating glitches, sort them out pronto, too many people are having similar issues, any more glitches and i may just give up and ask for a refund, used a credit for this one too. Oh well i will have one last go from an earlier save, fingers crossed!!!!!!!

1misskitty
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by 1misskitty on Jan 21, 11 12:08 PM
I am also having problems with leaving the meeting room. The gondolier said he had a chronometer for me from the count but he doesn't give it to me and I can't do anything but stand there with him and sway back and forth. I really don't want to have to replay the whole thing again, had problems with the basque puzzle. I haven't however had any of the problems others have described.

[Post New]by cammie57 on Jan 21, 11 2:25 PM
I am having the same problems as everyone else....got the water and gave to the innkeeper who said he gave me the flour but I don;t have the flour and I still have the water; same thing with the toner and the janitor!!! This is so frustrating..........HELP! I have started the game over FOUR times...aaaaagh!!

Go to: