biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come Collector's Edition

[Post New]by biomix on Jan 20, 11 7:15 AM
misty5 wrote:Both Faylyn's and doctorgood's reviews are excellent. I personally don't see any problem with two different threads and don't care whose reviews are posted first -- I read them all. Please, everyone, continue posting your always helpful, often amusing reviews and don't worry about whose appears first in the forum. Keep up the good work!

same

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come Collector's Edition

[Post New]by barbee44 on Jan 20, 11 7:17 AM
SeaMoon wrote:I'm tired of the CE's..it seems that every good game comes out first as a CE and a month or so later the regular edition...I won't download or try the CE games I'll just wait for the regular edition to come out or get it elsewhere. Sorry, just my two cents worth.

That's exactly how I feel, SeaMoon. Thanks for expressing it so nicely.

PROBLEM: Fact is, I joined because my budget allowed for 6.99. I have purchased over 200 games since I first joined back in 2000 or 2001... it wasn't even a club when I bought my first few games. I'm retired and since there are no longer any Social Security raises... I can't afford the increase. It drives me absolutely mad to see these great games and have to pass them up until they come out a month later.
(I just had surgery, my Medicare co pay was $425 and now hubby needs surgery and his co pay is $425... the medical situation is getting worse too. I realize things are tough for businesses but they just pass it off on us by raising prices. It's the little guy that the economy busts all fall back on. Gas here in NY is 3,27 a gall.

SOLUTION: I suggested to BFG that they allow us to use two game credits to purchase them but as yet... nothing. I don't even bother trying to fill up my punch card because I don't even want a free credit. What will I do with it? The best games are 13.99.

It's all well and good that those of you who can afford them don't mind and even mentally criticize our griping, but if you put yourself in our shoes, you'd see how frustrating it is.

SUMMARY: I always felt that BFG was a company that really cared and tried it's best to please it's members, but lately that seems to not be the case. They've heard our cries but have done nothing. They are scooping up the money as fast as they can and are putting off letting us buy the CE's for two credits. Don't they realize we'd buy more games if we could just to get the two credits to buy the CE's.

And I would never say the CE isn't worth the money, just that some of us can't afford them.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 20, 11 7:30 AM
This game appears to be short. I am 40 mins into the demo and already on Chapter 2. ( and I take my time). There are only 4 chapters. Unless there are more chapters added when you buy it, or the bonus section is long, I don't feel that this is worth the CE price tag. If someone knows something different, please let me know. Otherwise no buy for me.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 20, 11 7:41 AM
mhatfie wrote:This game appears to be short. I am 40 mins into the demo and already on Chapter 2. ( and I take my time). There are only 4 chapters. Unless there are more chapters added when you buy it, or the bonus section is long, I don't feel that this is worth the CE price tag. If someone knows something different, please let me know. Otherwise no buy for me.

We all probably know that you will not get much further than where you are! Due to a glitch. I will buy when it is an SE, hopefully with all problems solved

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Jan 20, 11 7:46 AM
barbee44 wrote:
SeaMoon wrote:I'm tired of the CE's..it seems that every good game comes out first as a CE and a month or so later the regular edition...I won't download or try the CE games I'll just wait for the regular edition to come out or get it elsewhere. Sorry, just my two cents worth.

That's exactly how I feel, SeaMoon. Thanks for expressing it so nicely.

PROBLEM: Fact is, I joined because my budget allowed for 6.99. I have purchased over 200 games since I first joined back in 2000 or 2001... it wasn't even a club when I bought my first few games. I'm retired and since there are no longer any Social Security raises... I can't afford the increase. It drives me absolutely mad to see these great games and have to pass them up until they come out a month later.
(I just had surgery, my Medicare co pay was $425 and now hubby needs surgery and his co pay is $425... the medical situation is getting worse too. I realize things are tough for businesses but they just pass it off on us by raising prices. It's the little guy that the economy busts all fall back on. Gas here in NY is 3,27 a gall.

SOLUTION: I suggested to BFG that they allow us to use two game credits to purchase them but as yet... nothing. I don't even bother trying to fill up my punch card because I don't even want a free credit. What will I do with it? The best games are 13.99.

It's all well and good that those of you who can afford them don't mind and even mentally criticize our griping, but if you put yourself in our shoes, you'd see how frustrating it is.

SUMMARY: I always felt that BFG was a company that really cared and tried it's best to please it's members, but lately that seems to not be the case. They've heard our cries but have done nothing. They are scooping up the money as fast as they can and are putting off letting us buy the CE's for two credits. Don't they realize we'd buy more games if we could just to get the two credits to buy the CE's.

And I would never say the CE isn't worth the money, just that some of us can't afford them.

I can't afford to buy the CE / I have 3 of them/ but I don't mind them at all. If they make many Fishies happy,who am I to say they should stop making them. Right? I can wait easily a couple of weeks for the SE to come out and in the meantime I can read all the reviews.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 20, 11 7:49 AM
nice game, but i will wait for the se

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 20, 11 7:54 AM
Tundei wrote
I can't afford to buy the CE / I have 3 of them/ but I don't mind them at all. If they make many Fishies happy,who am I to say they should stop making them. Right? I can wait easily a couple of weeks for the SE to come out and in the meantime I can read all the reviews.

We normally have to wait for about a month now. Yet some fishies are very patient and do wait for the SE.

Edited on 01/20/2011 at 7:54:57 AM PST

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jan 20, 11 8:25 AM
This is definitely a buy for me. I can never get over the graphics of this series.
So clear, crisp and the detail is just beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing the concept art. It gives you a better appreciation of how talented and designers are and how much work is put into it.
It's nice to have such a wide variety of games here.
I love this game because I don't have to go back and forth so much but it's still fun to play. Lots of different things to do. Love the mix of IHoG/hog/frog.
Beautiful game.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Jan 20, 11 8:30 AM
I said I would come back with an update after playing the demo. I still feel the same after playing the demo as I did after looking at the screen shots! As I said before I have the other treasure seekers games and while I like them I don't like them enough to pay full price for them and I certainly don't think I am going to pay for a CE for this game. I find it super frustrating when I have that "fan thing" open up and have to fill it up with stuff it's frustrating not fun for me so I'm not going to pay extra money to be frustrated. I'll wait for the SE to come out and even then may wait for that to become a Daily Deal like how I've gotten the others. I'm sorry to say...it's a nice game but just doesn't grab me like some other IHOGs do. I think that the way the game makes you interact with it is so frustrating for me that it loses interest for me. I don't mean this in a mean way It's just that this is the way all the Treasure Seekers games are done so while I'll probably get them all I'm not going to pay full price to be irritated. Again I don't mean this to be unkind it's just how the game pulls out this emotion or response in me. Perhaps if the game developers look at these responses from the customers and think "Hmmmm how can we do this better"? Instead of being defensive maybe they can sell more CE's next time. I mean that in the nicest possible way. I like the characters and the stories I just don't like having to fill up that silly thing that opens up EVERYTIME! AAARGH! That's probably just me though.
I do like though, that this "to be continued" was ACTUALLY continued! FINALLY a story that was carried on and had flow to it in the series! I really like that about this series! That is awesome!

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jan 20, 11 8:35 AM
I agree with Misty5, I enjoy reading all the posts.However I usually demo anyway so I can form my own opinion, so keep the posts coming, I thank you all for them. Amusing!

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jan 20, 11 8:47 AM
peglegann wrote:Dr. Good. you have missed the whole thing. The thread was already up by the mods when Faylyn quite correctly posted in it. They did not chose a favourable comment/review over yours. Check the times that the thread was posted by the mods.
Faylyn, please carry on reviewing it was very good

Well pegleg, I guess I really don't understand what you mean.
My original C&R thread and review has a time signature of 01:33a.m.PST.
BFG started a new one at 02:23a.m.PST and the first post in that thread was at 02:54a.m.PST. I am in no way blaming Faylyn! They are as innocent as a new born baby in this. Please don't cloud the issue by misinterpreting what I am trying to say.
A new C&R thread was started by BFG 50 minutes after mine and after a favorable review was placed in it it was stickied.

I don't give a rat's patootie about being first! But I do care about what is right!
Take care,
Dr.good.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 20, 11 9:19 AM
Hello Fishies,

I just wanted to pop in to let you know that you can find more Comments and Reviews in this thread here. Thanks for posting your thoughts!

-bfgArnoStyx

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Jan 20, 11 9:32 AM
Lots of fishies talking about CEs.

I'll buy CEs of the Mystery Case Files, and I bought one of the CEs for the PuppetShow series, but other than that, I just wait, which is what I'm going to do with this one.

I haven't been a member for a whole year yet, so I watch for DDs and Catch of the Week, or I go back and replay games I bought last spring and give myself challenges with them (no misclicks, no hints, no skipping puzzles or mini-games). I guess it's tougher on fishies who have been members for a few years and already own a lot of the games, though.

Krissy41
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Krissy41 on Jan 20, 11 9:35 AM
Great game I love the Treasure Seekers games they are really good. I too think this is a bit short for a CE game and will wait until the SE comes out. I just wanted to add that if people have technical issues or just issues period with any of the games that they should go to LIVE CHAT. I was there just the other day about a game that I could not play because of major tech issues and was able to report it to them and they suggested that I let other Fishes know about Live Chat (not just the green envelope to the side) that they can address an issue alot faster that way. Just wanted to pass this on for anyone who did not know this (I hope it helps). I have had alot of tech issues lately with most HOG's being released and it is sooooo frustrating!!! Please BF go back to the way you use to be and offer good games with alot less flaws. I've been playing BF games for almost 4 yrs now and have never complained until the last 6-7 mos about the large majority of bad games they are offering... Do you BF really make that much money on offering only 2 or 3 CE's a month and the nothing else??? IMO I don't think it's worth it and definitely not worth losing customers over this...

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jan 20, 11 10:01 AM
Poutoule wrote:Shall I post on the 2 threads ? I'm tempted...
Anyway played about 10 minutes of the demo and now I look ten years older (and I don't need that). Graphics are fine but not excellent. It is so slow, when you click on an object in H0 scenes it takes hours to disappear but the worst part is when you click on an item in order to put it in the circle, it either follows, very slowly, in a floating way, your cursor or either decides it was feeling better in it's former place and splits back. It's a painful job playing this game. It soon got on my nerves and I quickly uninstalled the game. A CE for tears and sweat as the game turns you into a raving idiot, no thanks. Otherwise looks pretty easy, I have The Enchanted Canvases, and as far as I could see the guy is still a real dude... (Hi, Sassylassie !!!!)

I didn't have this issue at all with the game & as I haven't looked at any other threads yet, I don't how many others have. I remember having this problem with the SE of the Greenhills game though. It ate up a lot of the demo time. If I recall correctly they came up with a new build for that one. At any rate, I'm sorry you had problems, it always seems to take away from a game's enjoyment when that happens. As for me I have the others and really like this one. A big plus for me is the fact that it fits the widescreen. There aren't any annoying black bars. I'm going to buy.

Edited on 01/20/2011 at 10:04:55 AM PST

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Jan 20, 11 10:05 AM
Misty, I agree...I read and apprieciate all of the reviews and comments. Oh, by the way...I like this game. Faylyn and Dr. Good...they were both great reviews. Thank you!
SnowMeow (Calif.)

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jan 20, 11 10:36 AM
Not sure why .....These types of games just don't appeal to me anymore ...I wasn't a big fan of the past Seeker game even though I bought it ...So I'll be treading water ...waiting to see what tomorrow ...( ? ) Will bring ? Not goona do it !!!! Cheers ,

Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by 8984481 on Jan 20, 11 11:18 AM
I am new to the chats but not forums. I go into each one when a new game appears. It has given me a lot of insight as to buy or not. Thank you all.
I too have the older seekers and love them. And also like some, I wonder why it isn't SE. All HAGD Penny

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jan 20, 11 11:43 AM
I played the demo and would like to buy but not going to because of all the problems people are having. I'm slower than average I guess because I didn't get as far as the smoky temple and the water goblet problem I'm reading about. I do like this series and the game seems well done to me and obviously will take awhile but I will wait to buy after the glitches are fixed.

package88
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by package88 on Jan 20, 11 11:47 AM
Hi everyone! i popped in to read the reviews as i always do. I do not reply to comments or post as you can tell! But my Gosh so much negative responses to one another! The more comments the worse the feelings get hurt and none of it is intentional that is very clear the review of this game is way off the path!. Its just sad to see everyone bickering or defending there comments. Just chalk it up to an off day! BESIDES AT THE END OF THE DAY DOES IT REALLY MATTER!! YOU GUYS ARE ALL GREAT AWESOME FISHIES AND I REALLY LOVE READING YOUR REVIEWS SO SMILE ITS ALMOST FRIDAY!!!!!!

HAPPY GAMING TO ALL OF YOU !!!!!!!

Go to: