Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for House, M.D.

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jan 20, 11 1:34 PM
I love the show House, I have watched every episode

But I tried to love this game. I played for almost 30 minutes and just couldn't like this game. I wanted to, I have looked forward to this game. But there was something annoying about it (it wasn't House, lol). The gameplay was annoying to me. The floating diagnosis, I tried to click on the one I wanted to pick and another would get in the way. Then I am graded on that??! The music and beeping were annoying and turned it off on the brochiol thingy, then I didn't know when I came to the end of the place I was at. Took me several minutes just trying to figure out how to work the different tools. Finally got it to click on the right spot, some of which was not on the little sign . Then to draw blood, it was instructions and instructions

It was House, yet it wasn't House, it seemed like a fake version of House. Just couldn't like this game.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jan 20, 11 1:35 PM
Pro - Based on a great series.
Pro - Great Graphics
Con - Wretched instructions
Con - Even worse game play.

I was really hoping this game would be great. No such luck for me, it is a pass. You may like it as tastes vary

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 20, 11 2:54 PM
I'm a huge fan of the show House, and medical stuff. I like this game. It's very simple and very easy play. I like the story's, graphics,wide screen. It's short and simplistic,but for those of us who love the show and were easy when it comes to games,lol it's a buy with a credit or punch card. I will be getting it next month.

I'd rate this: PIGLET/PORK BELLY

PIGLET:
Good game. Your basic run of the mill Hog. Only for true hog lover's.

PORK BELLY:
Likable game. For some, but not for everyone.
' '
(o)

DeesjeDee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by DeesjeDee on Jan 20, 11 3:01 PM
penrose47 wrote:OK, I WISH someone would GIVE the REASONS WHY the game is NOT WORTH $$??

Instead of JUST saying DO NOT LIKE>>>>>"PLEASE" give a reason ( a review of why?) [/u]

@Penrose I'm sorry but I don't think that's a fair statement to make. Several people gave reasons why they did or didn't like the game before you posted the above.

Just to quote a few:

momniecy wrote:It was okay with doing some of the procedures, but the instructions are awful. I finally gave up after trying to centrifuge my blood sample and not being able to spin the darn motor fast enough...

DeesjeDee wrote:Way too much blahblah and very confusing instructions.

Nortank wrote:The game play is irritating. As mentioned with the blood vials - and the dialogue window half covers the vials and needs to be clicked away. The "feature" that you have to click and hold things for a clue to be discovered is also irritating. It has nothing to do with skill or game progress and got very boring.

Besides that, as always the only way to find out if a game is really right for you is to try it yourself.

Edited on 01/20/2011 at 3:02:57 PM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jan 20, 11 5:07 PM
SORRY you all MISS read what i meant.."OR" maybe i worded myself wrong

SORRY

I read these reviews everyday about the different games & I LOVE the reviews that tell different things about the GAME

then....JUST..... I HATE IT.......I know we all have personal feelings about any said game this is GREAT

I was talking about just a "1" line statement..!!

I will be the first to tell you that I am NOT reviewer "WRITER" , for you see i made a statement NOW everyone misunderstood me

anyway forget it...its NOT important anyway....Have A Great Day
Happy Gaming
PEN

[Post New]by firechild27 on Jan 20, 11 6:06 PM
My rule is usually that when the trial ends and I let out a loud yell of "NOOO!!!" then I'm gonna get the game. That's what happened with House. Sure, the game play can get a little slow and some of the instructions are a bit repeatitive, but it's the story that I'm interested in, that's what I love about the series, finding out what the illness is. And it's fun to interact with the characters of a Tv show that I love. This is a buy for me!!

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Jan 20, 11 6:38 PM
Saw the name of this game and believed it to be exciting. I really tried to like it, but it was just too boring. The mini game where you have to guess the diagnosis, was especially boring, very repetitive. Then the dialogue but the stopper on it. Sorry, I tried.

noahnana
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by noahnana on Jan 20, 11 7:51 PM
Very disappointing game. I love the show and was hoping the game would be great, but it wasn't. The character art work is very good, but the dialogue is a bit overdone and having to click through everything gets very tedious. It looks like the developers spent a lot of time on the art but they should have spent more time on the mechanics of the game play. There was too much repetition, the games weren't entertaining and the whole thing seemed forced.

I wish they could go back to the drawing board with this one and give it another try. The concept could make for a very entertaining and somewhat educational game if it was presented differently.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jan 20, 11 9:29 PM
noahnana wrote:Very disappointing game. I love the show and was hoping the game would be great, but it wasn't. The character art work is very good, but the dialogue is a bit overdone and having to click through everything gets very tedious. It looks like the developers spent a lot of time on the art but they should have spent more time on the mechanics of the game play. There was too much repetition, the games weren't entertaining and the whole thing seemed forced.

I wish they could go back to the drawing board with this one and give it another try. The concept could make for a very entertaining and somewhat educational game if it was presented differently.

THANKS GREAT review...TOTALLY AGREE!!

saila72
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by saila72 on Jan 21, 11 1:03 AM
I Dr. House!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jan 21, 11 6:00 AM
Sorry Casualgran. This time I have to disagree. I just played the demo and loved it. I have never watched the show but this game made me actually laugh out loud. I joined BF for one reason. About a year ago I played CSI Las Vegas 3rd Dimension and it hooked me. It was a gift from a friend so I have been looking since.
This game gives you something other than Hidden Object scenes with a witty dialogue. I did have to get help at the very beginning because it does not give you any instruction from the start. I do wish there were some vocals as the CSI had. I completed less than a quarter of the walkthrough so I think the length will be good. I just hope it can keep me laughing the way the demo did. I found some of the mini games very easy and some very difficult. I like the way you are graded on each procedure. I failed miserably in the lung biopsy and got a bit frustrated but made up for that bad grade in other areas. I am buying this simply because a developer came up with something new. This isn't like anything I have played here at BF. If anyone knows where I could get a different CSI 3rd Dimension please let me know. I love this type of game. It throws different things at you . After reading all the bad reviews I hope the rest of this game is as fun for me as the demo. I'll let you know

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 21, 11 8:52 AM
bratzgram wrote:Sorry Casualgran. This time I have to disagree. I just played the demo and loved it. I have never watched the show but this game made me actually laugh out loud. I joined BF for one reason. About a year ago I played CSI Las Vegas 3rd Dimension and it hooked me. It was a gift from a friend so I have been looking since.
This game gives you something other than Hidden Object scenes with a witty dialogue. I did have to get help at the very beginning because it does not give you any instruction from the start. I do wish there were some vocals as the CSI had. I completed less than a quarter of the walkthrough so I think the length will be good. I just hope it can keep me laughing the way the demo did. I found some of the mini games very easy and some very difficult. I like the way you are graded on each procedure. I failed miserably in the lung biopsy and got a bit frustrated but made up for that bad grade in other areas. I am buying this simply because a developer came up with something new. This isn't like anything I have played here at BF. If anyone knows where I could get a different CSI 3rd Dimension please let me know. I love this type of game. It throws different things at you . After reading all the bad reviews I hope the rest of this game is as fun for me as the demo. I'll let you know

I agree Bratzgram I was so happy to see something NEW besides IHOG's FROG's & TM Games! I had no problems or "glitches" in the game either (there has been quite a few games lately that have had severe problems). I rushed the dialog a bit as I wanted to get as far into the game as possible with my "free hour". I haven't checked the walkthrough as of yet to see how long it will run for me (if I don't have to rush the dialog maybe a bit ??) I did have a good time playing this I also love the Law & Order & Journey to the center of the earth games BFG has offered in the past - you may want to check them out as well. Gonna check the walkthrough for lenght but will probably be a buy for me! Happy Gaming Fishies! L1

WOW I just checked the walkthrough and I wasn't even through the first chapter and I would probably have had at least another half and hour to complete it (this is with RUSHING THE DIALOG!!) So I figure this game would last me at least 8 hours if the remaining chapters are similar to the first! A DEFINITE BUY for me now, I will say that my only real annoyance was the test tube and blood drawing with the guy popping up to tell

Edited on 01/21/2011 at 8:57:47 AM PST

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 21, 11 8:59 AM
*you how to do something you just did 4 TIMES in a row!! LOL But for all of that I still loved the game cuz it is DIFFERENT! Thanks Again BFG you have made me a happy fishy today!

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Jan 21, 11 6:39 PM
Just downloading now I watch House every day, so how many times do they use plasmapheresis and give an LP...lol Are we allowed at minimum 3 misdiagnosis before we lose..hehe

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jan 21, 11 9:13 PM
wow... how do i skirt this one? how can i really do it justice?

the mechanics first - they're a little soft, sometimes you can be way off the mark and get what you're going for, sometimes you can be right on it and what nothing happens... in some scenes or for some objects it's click-and-hold to manage your task, while in others it's simply click-click-click... and whoever decided that turning motors and centrifuges using a mouse was fun needs to get himself a hand-cranked taffy puller!

graphics are awesome!! the character depictions and equipment are very lifelike and realistic, and the procedures are close to textbook...

i recalled playing Elizabeth Find MD: Diagnosis Mystery and enjoying having the multiple cases, but hating the junky hidden object scenes... there are definitely NO junk piles in this game - at least from what i played of the first case... but there was quite a bit of hand-holding while searching the alternate locations... quite like performing the lung biopsy - i mean, i think i can tell a big, fleshy, pink blob is just what i'm supposed to be excising! do i really need the flashing green triangles?? and if i've been instructed how to pick up and fill one blood vial, don't you think i'm capable of filling the rest on my own??

now we'll discuss the attack of the flying diagnoses... i really wanted to swat them all off the screen just to keep them from annoying me... but when i thought i had the one i wanted to submit as my answer, i would end up clicking on something else... the result: the best i ever did on one of those toss-ups was a B-! but somehow wilson always gave me A's... 'sup widdat?

as for "house-like" comments... i would go so far as to say that there are more house-isms than medical or otherwise prudent dialogue from what i've seen so far... even the one encounter with cuddy, which goes on for a least dozen screens of dialogue, only passingly mentions the lung biopsy request which was the main reason for house's visit...

while i'm talking about dialogue... this is the quietest game i have ever played - and i play solitaire and mahjong occasionally - even with the root canal muzak on full speed and the dripping of spinal fluid up as loud as it will go... what i wouldn't give for just a poke from jacobson, a jeer from epps, a lamentation from spencer... none of which would please me as much as a real punch in the gut from hugh laurie!

DrRobert
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,807 Posts

[Post New]by DrRobert on Jan 21, 11 10:20 PM
Tinker44 wrote:Not for me... no way. I don't watch House, but I get the gist of the characterizations... voice-overs might have been better than dry text dialogue that you have to click through.

As for gameplay, I managed to get to the blood centrifuge and that was the deal breaker. Mini-games were challenging, which I don't mind, usually... but there was no excitement about them. Click on floating diagnoses to play hangman was boring the first time, but 4 or more go-rounds? The biopsy was a challenge, but doable (just)... but then they hit you with the blood centrifuge and no amount of spinning was getting the rpms into the green zone. If there was only one spinner I might have managed... but 3? Nope. When a minigame super-frustrates you it puts a real negative over the whole game. I gave up after 23 minutes and won't give it a second thought.

And here I was so excited to see *something* other than another darned IHOG!

I agree completely with everything stated here. For such a cool show, a game based on it had so many great possibilities. It's a shame none of them are in the game. I hate timers to start with, but when you are given impossible mini games to complete not once, not twice but three times, then make the amount of time to complete them reasonable. I managed to make it through 40 minutes of the demo before hitting the trash can button.

The larynoscopy was bad enough, but the centrifuge was downright ridiculous. If you have a regular mouse, your arms aren’t 8 feet long and your mousepad is smaller than the wing of a 747, you have no chance in Hades of ever completing it.

As for other things I hated about the game, the music was annoying and the "sound effects" are just, for the lack of a better word, nasty.

The character graphics were awesome and I agree that the patter was a tad juvenile, but you can't make it but so R-rated that no one buys it. Although I thought the banter about Cutty's big box in her office was fairly spot on for the show's type of dialogue.

I’ll keep watching the show, but as for the game, it has already been cancelled.

vibtek
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by vibtek on Jan 22, 11 9:47 AM
love it love love it. Every game has a little draw back but this is like the show. I like guessing what disease they may have. And probing how house thinks. He is thorough and keeps hunting for an answer.

Edited on 01/22/2011 at 9:47:54 AM PST

honorelle
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by honorelle on Jan 22, 11 2:45 PM
I made it to the end of the demo/first diagnosis and I have to say, it's a maybe for a DD or leftover credit. The graphics were fine, the game is better in general than the CSI:NY game was.

Some of the puzzles, although silly, had a purpose - the whiteboard minigame is annoying, but it wouldn't be House without it and how many relevant diseases can you name? Others, the blood testing and the rabbit, were just frustrating. So were the weird instructions.

Others complained about the scripting, as far as I could tell everything, even the insults were IC, so maybe its the lack of voice-acting throwing them off.

Most of the gameplay is par for the course as far as medical games go, perhaps even an improvement. Check out the vetinary games available for comparison, since they outnumber human medical games.

Overall about 3/5 - not enough to make me buy, too much for me to dismiss it out of hand.

[Post New]by PagalMasala on Jan 25, 11 11:36 PM
HAHAHA I love this game so far...he's always had a much fouler mouth though...but I love the sarcasm. Artwork is great.--E Kakar, Fair Lawn, NJ

[Post New]by soulejules on Jan 27, 11 2:09 PM
Im glad i only desided to try the demo... total boredom!!! first of all there's no voice acting at all!! throws me off! second, its like playing one of those cooking games with instructions "now chop the vegetables, then cut the onions, stir the pot" you get my drift. So so boring. i rate this game to 1 out of 10... zero creativity!

Go to: