gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Post any RealMYST technical issues here only

[Post New]by gingergal on Mar 26, 11 1:05 PM
I have windows 7 64bit, nvidia graphic card. And have problems.

I can get into game, looks OK, move around and interact with levers. But when I picked up a book in the game, part of it went all pixels. And the main menu/start up screen just won't show any words or options just a plain open book which is 'jerky'.

I have gone to help here, for other old games, and the tech people couldn't find anything through Dr Felix and other suggestions to get some old games to work. I have my system tuned for BF games. So don't know if its a 64bit problem or a nividia graphic new driver problem.

warmbear
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by warmbear on Apr 30, 11 1:32 PM
I purchased this last month, because I always wanted to play this version. I was having the "pixel mess" (unplayable video) problem, but Nvidia has now released a new set of drivers which fixed that problem. HOWEVER, now that I have gotten past that issue, I find that the game will NOT save, it always crashes to desktop instead of saving. I have tried clearing out my temp files, rebooting my computer and running just the game (with no other programs running), and this issue continues unabated. So, I guess on monday I will have to get in touch with customer support, as this game just refuses to play on my computer, no matter what I do.

*sigh*

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Jun 3, 11 4:58 PM
Played all of the original part of the game OK. Now that I've started the final stage, Rime, the book up in the tower that I'm supposed to read as soon as I arrive there is unreadable. The script is all wild colors rather pixellated. Is this normal? I don't think it is. I also lost my cursor in there for a while, but paused then resumed the game and it came back. Now that I think back on it, all the moving pictures in the linking books throughout the game also looked stranger than what I remembered from the original Myst game, but since they linked OK I didn't worry about it. Any advice?

Arakhor
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Arakhor on Jul 11, 11 11:08 AM
I keep having the ugly pink issue and wildly unreadable books, but I'm downloading new drivers and I'll try running the actual exe in compatibility mode and bypass the BFG launcher.

[Post New]by danielkh on Aug 28, 11 11:55 AM
Trying this on a new Dell 17 3D (L702X) with 16GB Ram and 3GB video card. Starts up fine, runs fine, but will only run in 800x600 16 bit. Checked the .dat file for the game, and it appears it is unable to fugure out how to write 3GB for the video memory. It never goes into 3D either. I have the latest nvidia drivers loaded (2.8).

[Post New]by junkmailtoad on Sep 7, 11 6:56 PM
warmbear wrote:I purchased this last month, because I always wanted to play this version. I was having the "pixel mess" (unplayable video) problem, but Nvidia has now released a new set of drivers which fixed that problem. HOWEVER, now that I have gotten past that issue, I find that the game will NOT save, it always crashes to desktop instead of saving. I have tried clearing out my temp files, rebooting my computer and running just the game (with no other programs running), and this issue continues unabated. So, I guess on monday I will have to get in touch with customer support, as this game just refuses to play on my computer, no matter what I do.

*sigh*

Warmbear,

If you play the game as ADMIN, then the saving problem should be resolved. Had the same problem on my end also and BFG's Billing representative solved the problem for me. Hope this helps.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Nov 11, 11 7:53 PM
marie1931 wrote:Hi

I can't save the game. Everytime I want to save it, I quit the game immediately and find myself on the game manager.

When I want to play again, I have to restart from the beginning.

Can somebody help me and tell me how to save this game ?

I have a pc laptop with vista 32.

Thanks for your help

marie

Same trouble, but not a laptop. Help!!
CelticCoco

[Post New]by andromeda4bear on Jun 19, 12 4:47 PM
bfgOkeechobee, I followed your suggestion and looked at help pages. Everything there I did, including the suggestion to turn off temporarily the anti virus. It did not work. RealMyst plays wonderfully on my Windows 7 if I play all the way to the end. But it won't save it, and if does it, when you tried to go back using load it sends you back to the game manager. The load is there on the game but it won't work to click on it. Very frustrating.

Robcol
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

[Post New]by Robcol on Jun 23, 12 4:23 PM
i THOUGHT I HAD A BAD DOWNLOAD, IS THIS MORE BIG FISH CR...P

LeftBehind
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by LeftBehind on Aug 8, 12 1:42 PM
As I played the demo, I slowly became drawn into it's strange but beautiful world. Had to buy it so I could spend all the time I wanted exploring, I really enjoy learning how this game works, and the game itself worked fine. Except for one thing...

I can not exit out from the game, there isn't a menu available anywhere, I have to shut my pc down in order to get out. Is there a easy fix, (I hope) for Me?

Thank you for your help,
Carol

[Post New]by cr1461 on Sep 9, 12 5:50 PM
just installed the game and palyed for two hours getting to the finish of the second stage...played this game when i was but a kid and now revisiting it as well as reading the books...anyways go to play the game the saves work fine in fact i see two screen shots of where i left off now when i start the game up again to play it from where i left off it just starts me from the beginnig when i click on the save spot i want and then click load it just exits the option screen back to game play in the new game started...please help

[Post New]by Anubyss2012 on Oct 19, 12 12:43 PM
Everytime I go to save my progress...the game just exits out.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 19, 12 1:41 PM
Hi Anubyss2012,

Welcome to the Pond! I'm sorry to hear that the game is closing when you try to save. That's definitely not fun. One thing that may help is to ensure that all your software programs and drivers are up to date, which can often times cause crashing issues if they're older. You can find more information about doing that here on our help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

cr1461, if your game isn't saving, our help article here may provide some useful information:

Game Not Saving

If those recommendations aren't helping, or you're encountering other errors with the game, please let our Tech Support Team know what's happening and they'll be happy to assist you.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by emmakuk1980 on Nov 1, 12 8:10 AM
bfgOkeechobee wrote:Hey there marie1931 and mcguind! If you are using Vista or Windows 7 and are experiencing save issues, it may help to run the game as Administrator. For detailed steps on that, check out the help article below:

<a href=http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=266>Save Errors</a>

-bfgOkeechobee

Also having the same problem, game closes to desktop on save, run as admin makes no difference. Win 7 laptop

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 1, 12 9:50 AM
Hi emmakuk1980,

Since running the game in Administrator Mode didn't help with the save issue, I think it's best for you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to see how the game is running with your particular system and can work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting steps.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

book "pictures" don't display properly

[Post New]by emerance on Feb 3, 13 1:20 PM
It installed and is running fine so far. But when the book opens, the picture is just jumbled graphics. Same for the books in the tower. All other graphics are fine. Any ideas?

Warlady1
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Warlady1 on May 7, 13 10:16 PM
mcguind wrote:Marie I am having a similar problem. Even though I press one of the 6 boxes and press save, the game immediately exits. When I return to play again the game is not saved. Like you I have had to start at the beginning several times. Would really appreciate some advice.

Same problem here. I cannot get the game to save to save my life. To heck with it.

Go to: