kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for RealMYST

[Post New]by kimcol on Jan 23, 11 1:37 PM
I remember playing this years ago on the Playstation. I think the game took up 3-4 discs. I wonder how it runs on the PC? I wish I could try it out before buying...

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Jan 23, 11 8:13 PM
I too am very excited about this, but I am curious as to why is wasn't introduced on the main web page with trumpets and fan fair? Did Fish "release" it with any announcement at all? I check BF every day and don't remember seeing anything on it. I stumbled into it when I was looking at the WT for the new Katy Brooks game to estimate it's length, and was blown away when I saw the Real MYST WT right next to it.

I started searching to find it and it's downloading now, but I think people would be all over this if they knew it was available. Just seems odd to me.

To all other excited MYSTers - happy gaming!

Love...

[Post New]by UnicornFeeder on Jan 24, 11 8:57 AM
Are there any plans for a Mac version?

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Jan 24, 11 2:05 PM
UnicornFeeder wrote:Are there any plans for a Mac version?

I don't know, UnicornFeeder. No one seems to have much info on this, as it appears we were all surprised to see the game here at BF.

Love...

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jan 26, 11 5:46 PM
have been reading comments, notice a lot of folks having motion sickness symptoms. i have vertigo, wonder if this game will make me normal??? hafta try it now

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Feb 15, 11 2:01 PM
I'm finding the game difficult to control. I don't remember having any trouble with the original, all those years ago. Perhaps I just can't do it anymore? I'll try a bit more, because I was so happy to see it, but so far...and I'm sure it's me. For those who don't have trouble with the game, please enjoy, because it's a good one.

reneesenn
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by reneesenn on Feb 21, 11 1:18 PM
I've been hearing about this game forever.This game looks awesome and the puzzles seem fun AND challenging (most games have problems doing both). Sadly I also seem to suffer from the motion sickness, after 20 minutes I had to lay down. Have fun all those with tougher stomachs.

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Feb 22, 11 10:03 PM
Like almost everyone else I discovered this game accidently today when reading a review on another game. Somebody refered to "MYST" as being one of the best adventure games ever, so I decide to look for it. Instead I found RealMYST and started reading your reviews, not sure if it was the same game.

I was extremely suprised when there were very few reviews and most of them had been logged recently. Perhaps indicating this game has recently been added to the BFG game pool.

I never download a game without first reading your reviews, and for this game they are very positive, so I downloaded.Thanks!

I've played 40 mins and have had no problems at all, I don't get motion sickness with the 360 viewing angle, my Operating System is W7 / 64bit processor/2 gigs ram.

Too early for me to offer any comments, except to say I love the movement of this game, I prefer the 3rd person angle, to the click and point of most of the other adventure games.

PS: On the front page of this forum, there is a guide for those who do suffer with motion sickness.

PamNor58
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by PamNor58 on Mar 2, 11 12:16 AM
How in the world did I miss this game?

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Mar 5, 11 11:12 PM
I looked behind me on my bookshelf and see I still have every MYST game since day dot. They probably wouldn't run on my current PC................ but as you all say, they are stunning adventure games and I couldn't part with them.

Steve Martinere, who did a lot of the art work, has a great website and I use his pics as backgrounds on my PC. What a MAGIC find this is..........instant buy................hopefully Win7 64 bit will cope

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Mar 26, 11 12:57 PM
For those worried about the 360 movement don't. I could clik on the screen and just move ahead, wherever my mouse was pointing. And it wasn't a 'freeflowing' 360 nauseated feeling I got with other games, even if you move your mouse slightly.

Saying this, the game fully isn't compatable with my windows 7 - 64bit nvidia graphics laptop. I can get into game, move around, no obvious problems even use some levers but the initial main menu had no words on it, and main menu was 'freezing' glitchy. I just generally clicked on the book to get into game. But there was another book in the game I picked up which had the same graphic problem.

With some older games here (original syberia, return to mysterious island 2) they won't work with my nvidia graphic new drivers. So don't know if it is a windows 7 64bit (I know 32 bits are working) problem or another nvidia graphic problem.

Edited on 03/26/2011 at 1:00:25 PM PST

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Apr 27, 11 5:27 AM
I really wanted to like this -- I have the original Myst, but it runs wonky on Vista.

After two minutes, I deleted the trial.

The original game had no problems with my left-hand mouse configuration. RealMYST's programmers have chosen to override my hardware settings and force right-hand mouse. I choose not to waste my time and money on them.

Littlekins
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by Littlekins on Jul 17, 11 7:06 AM
Cool! I missed the original release of MYST but picked up the series when RealMYST came out on disc. Of course, I was then hooked. Only problem was the PC ran on Vista so no luck with the remainder of the series. I did pick up MYST III Exile on PS2 but having seen the other games on my brother's computers I have always been disappointed in not being able to play them. (He was smart enough to keep his old computers and link them together so he can still play all the older games we love!) I just got a new laptop and started an account here on BF. Glad I ran across this one and very much hoping BF decides to carry the other chapters as I will buy the entire set!!

As for the gameplay, I hope you're patient. Don't try to rush through. Take another walk through the environment, write down every clue, let it stew a bit in your brain. You get a great sense of accomplishment if you can get through this game. Some of it is just going back and forth trying different set ups with the machinery which I find tedious. Still, it feels like you're really there.

Also, seems to me that the original version I had let you choose between point and click movement and 360 viewing. Maybe that is not offered here or maybe my memory is faulty.

I have downloaded now...too bad I have homework due at midnight or I would be immersed in this all day! Happy gaming.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Sep 18, 11 7:25 PM
I played all the Myst series and all of Uru except Uru Live. I really enjoyed this series. The story of D'ni in Uru was heartbreaking but playing the game was real fun and challenging. All of Uru was done in 3 dimensions. I like 3D games, especially the flying ones. They're so much more fun to me than static 2D games. If you like adventure games and are looking for a challenge and a different look to your game, you can't go wrong with the Myst and Uru games.

[Post New]by Happy_Ours1 on Oct 22, 12 11:20 AM
Like other fishies, I was delighted to see that Big Fish offered this game! I was also surprised it was even available...had not seen any information on it...? Would have thought that such a classic ground-breaking game would have gotten some press. So, I purchased it only recently.

I played it eons ago when it first came out, along with the sequels! Hearing those iconic sound effects brought it all back...and thank goodness for the walkthrough!!

Any chance the sequels will be available in the near future? And will we know when/if they are available?

Thank you for making available what a lot of people consider to be one of the best - if not the best - first installment of a riveting, breathtaking, and oh-so-challenging game series!

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Apr 15, 14 2:32 PM
I cant believe it. For all the years I've been a member here at Big Fish I have wanted & waited for a REAL game. Like, a real NOT one of the horrible hidden object - play in 2 hours - repeat the same things over & over & over & over game....finally its here & its 360 degrees.

I cannot play games in 360 on any platform & I haven't really been able to for many years. I take it there's no other way of playing this game? I can only hope that all of the developers who spew out the generic HOGs will see this & maybe learn from it. And that players will realize that there's more to PC gaming than just helping women escape from haunted mansions by searching for lost items.

I am devastated! I kid you not when I say I only have one ONE requirement in games on any platform - and that is that they not be in the 360 degree view. Even as a lifetime Zelda fan (and fan is putting it lightly) I couldn't really enjoy Twilight Princess because it is in a non - linear world.

I'm off to go cry now.

Go to: