Re:UPDATE-New version available for Treasure Seekers:The Time Has Come Collector's Edition! Jan.

[Post New]by postal_nana on Jan 20, 11 8:04 PM
had 36 minutes left of trial and got home and saw update so downloaded updated version and lo and behold. trial expired.. will delete and try again. lol

Re:UPDATE-New version available for Treasure Seekers:The Time Has Come Collector's Edition! Jan.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jan 20, 11 8:10 PM
Yes, it's working. I am very happy!

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jan 20, 11 9:01 PM
I just finished the game, including bonus content & I didn't have a single problem. Sorry Scottsteaux, that you encountered additional issues, that's got to be frustrating. So it took me from where the game picked up to the end about 4 hours. It would have taken me longer but as it's almost 11pm here I got lazy and used the strategy guide for the bonus section,

Cryssie64
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Cryssie64 on Jan 20, 11 9:11 PM
As you may notice, I'm a absolute newby when it comes to the forums but I have been a member of BF for a number of years now. My problem currently is that, having encountered the glitch with the water in chapter 2 and done the whole re-load thingy, I now can't get the shovel in the forge to shovel coal! It just keeps telling me that the shovel won't dig the hard earth or something to that effect. Have I done something in the wrong order? Is it another glitch that others are encountering? ie. is it me or is it the game? Any suggestions anyone has would be gratefully accepted and acted upon (to do with the game, naturally, LOL). Thanks in anticipation...

[Post New]by annamin80 on Jan 20, 11 9:53 PM
Downloading the update now. Many thanks to BF team for quick response to this one. Still waiting in vain for a new build for Clockwork Tower though - great game, but a waste of time with the current glitches...

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by tictacsix on Jan 20, 11 10:09 PM
Cryssie, From what I can remember the shovel you are trying to use is the wrong one. That shovel says it won't dig up hard earth because it is a square shaped shovel. You want the one that is pointed like a spade shovel. Hope this helps you.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

Re:UPDATE-New version available for Treasure Seekers:The Time Has Come Collector's Edition! Jan

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jan 20, 11 10:20 PM
Scottsteaux63 wrote:Well, I hate to break the news to you, but you've managed to fix one problem and create another one. Getting the water from the bowl to put out the censers is now possible, but a few steps later, when you assemble the magnifying glass to heat up the censer you collected in the cell, as soon as the censer is heated, it DISAPPEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

I checked the Strategy Guide and you're supposed to pick up the lit censer and return to the cell to heat the blank book. Now, I ask you, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PICK UP SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THERE?

I restarted the level TWICE to see if it was just a passing glitch and it isn't.

Oh and incidentally, when you go back to the cell after the censer disappears, if you cursor over your Inventory, it will say "censer" in the first (EMPTY) space, and the Hint button will flicker. Also the time travel ring has no color in its gemstone and if you click on it, it says, "The ring is not working!"

Congratulations. You've created an even bigger mess than the one you started with.

I made it past the chapter just fine after hanging it out in the sun and then using on the book. Did you use the mirror (on the book) or did you not get that far? I am in Scotland now so hope I dodged the glitch.

dubai123
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by dubai123 on Jan 20, 11 11:12 PM

Thaaaaaank you bigfishgames

gentlegirl
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gentlegirl on Jan 21, 11 12:33 AM
Hi!
JIPPIIIIII Everything is working beautifully with the new build you are simply the best ever thank you Big Fish

[Post New]by sniblock on Jan 21, 11 12:37 AM
Thank goodness big fish!!!!! A big thank you from a very frustrated gamer in Scotland!!!!!

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on Jan 21, 11 12:43 AM
Thanx BF!!! I was just deciding on whether to get a refund just until it was fixed. You guys are awesome!!!! Yeah!!!!

Cryssie64
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:UPDATE-New version available for Treasure Seekers:The Time Has Come Collector's Edition! Jan

[Post New]by Cryssie64 on Jan 21, 11 2:02 AM
tictacsix wrote:Cryssie, From what I can remember the shovel you are trying to use is the wrong one. That shovel says it won't dig up hard earth because it is a square shaped shovel. You want the one that is pointed like a spade shovel. Hope this helps you.

Thank you for your encouragement, Tictacsix. As it turns out, it was the right shovel but I had to first change the time of day, go to another place and find something else to dig with. Once the hole was dug, I no longer received the 'no digging' clause and it allowed me to shovel coal!

Isn't it funny how, once a game has proved to have glitches, you'd sooner blame the game than yourself? Anyway, thanks again, without your encouragement, I'd have probably gone off in a sulk and muttered dark thoughts out loud. You have saved my family from a fate worse than Cryssie!! They thank you too.

alimac196
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by alimac196 on Jan 21, 11 4:02 AM
I too had the issue with flask not being able to be picked up, but the fix BF has given us has fixed it perfectly! Have now finished the whole game, and this was the only issue I encountered. I was also able to pick up where I left off, so thank you to the bright spark that made that happen!

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Jan 21, 11 4:30 AM
Good news and will going again tonight but I hope this clears all of the problems which it appears may not be the case. Heres hoping.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jan 21, 11 6:04 AM
alimac196 wrote:I too had the issue with flask not being able to be picked up, but the fix BF has given us has fixed it perfectly! Have now finished the whole game, and this was the only issue I encountered. I was also able to pick up where I left off, so thank you to the bright spark that made that happen!

Ok, this is hopeful news. Will download the update and try again.

VickiS531
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by VickiS531 on Jan 21, 11 9:23 AM
Thank goodness.

I had given myself a deadline by noon today ET to see if an update/fix was available and then I was going to recontact Customer Service to get a refund.

Thanks BFG, I'm really hoping this one'll work as I uninstalled the game yesterday so I'm sure I'll be starting from the beginning.

jlbaughn1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jlbaughn1 on Jan 21, 11 9:57 AM
Once again BFG comes through for the loyal customers. You guys just ROCK!!!!!

mizdonna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by mizdonna on Jan 21, 11 3:18 PM
i got the water in the chalise but can't find the hidden object scene what is going on this game sucks big time help anybody

[Post New]by piro11 on Jan 21, 11 6:17 PM
biu tT

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Jan 23, 11 4:12 AM
postal_nana wrote:had 36 minutes left of trial and got home and saw update so downloaded updated version and lo and behold. trial expired.. will delete and try again. lol

Same problem with 50 minutes left...gone, gone, gone.

Go to: