jodda
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re:Welcome to The Secret Legacy: A Kate Brooks Adventure forum

[Post New]by jodda on Feb 10, 11 1:46 AM
candy1502 wrote:Hi anyone else having problems picking up on this one?

yes I need to get the wooden bat from the ceiling and I cant get it so I cant go further in the game, I haven bought it thank heavens, looks like a good game but I test them all now since they have had glitches in them

[Post New]by darlenewest on Feb 10, 11 2:38 PM
I show this game to be on my Game Club Punch Card. Is this game a downloaded game or how does this work. I thought I downloaded it to my PC but do not find it on my PC. This was to be done on 2/3/ll. Please let me know if it is downloaded or how this punch card works. Thanks, Darlene West

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Feb 10, 11 3:53 PM
I also could not pick up the bat. So, since it was the last object in the scene, and I couldn't progress without it, I deleted the demo after 15 minutes. I wasn't impressed anyway. Objects were hard to see, scenes were sometimes too dark (tho I did find a lamp for the 2nd room; still very dark).

Peta52
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Peta52 on Feb 14, 11 2:32 PM
I've got exactly the same problem. I was eventually able to pick up the phone but the bat will not budge. What a shame. Thank goodness I haven't bought it.

Peta52
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Peta52 on Feb 14, 11 2:33 PM
And see that everyone has been experiencing these glitches for nigh on three weeks. Why hasn't Big Fish done something about it?

[Post New]by beachldy on Feb 14, 11 3:57 PM
I tried the demo of this game but screen resolution is too big. I have XP and a 24" Samsung widescreen monitor. This game is SO big on the screen that I can't even enter a new profile because I can't even see it. It's way over to the right side. I've tried setting monitor resolutions with Display, but none of them work.

Seems alot of folks are having problems with this game.

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Feb 15, 11 8:48 AM
The stupid baseball bat can be picked up if one goes to expert mode. Guess what, the hint thingy actually works in expert mode and doesn't give the duh info that items on the list need to be found. So, once the little star has settled over the bat it is possible to pick it up after three or four tries.

Someone mentioned the screwdriver from the next room. Actually, the thing is a key and it opens a little box. The shape doesn't much look like a key and does look like a screwdriver.

I would like to know why expert mode is the one with all the hints and ordinary mode is harder and doesn't work. Anyhow, I got to the upstairs bedroom of the manor in 35 minutes, after having restarted the game in expert mode. This is not one I will be buying.

ozflower
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by ozflower on Feb 15, 11 8:02 PM
Very glad I didn't buy this one..I actually wish I had read the forum remarks before wasting time on it. I'm surprised this one got through testing. No way, in either mode, can I pick up what I need to.

[Post New]by Rosina16 on Feb 16, 11 2:07 PM
I'm glad that i'm not the only one having trouble. I think the graphics are terrible and have had all the problems that everyone else seems to have had. Should get another game as compensation at least.

[Post New]by bettyboo100 on Mar 23, 11 8:16 AM
jodda wrote:
candy1502 wrote:Hi anyone else having problems picking up on this one?

yes I need to get the wooden bat from the ceiling and I cant get it so I cant go further in the game, I haven bought it thank heavens, looks like a good game but I test them all now since they have had glitches in them

[Post New]by wildaltarose on Mar 23, 11 2:34 PM
So glad to hear that everyone else is having problems as well. I can pick up the letter, and then can't go any further.

It is a real disappointment.

[Post New]by wildaltarose on Mar 24, 11 8:59 AM
I went to the help desk and updated all my computer programs.....and still I can't get this game to work.......What is the point of selling a game that won't work?

chrmn2k
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by chrmn2k on Jun 7, 11 12:00 PM
I like this game's graphics, HOs and play. I do see how the "bat" was impossible to pick up even with the hint! I finally scrolled over to completely show the end of the screen and then it let me pick up the bat. I find at least one item in each screen that refuses to give it up. LOL A bit annoying, but still fun. I have Windows 7 and find that it depends on who is writing the program and how well it runs. If it won't run on my computer, I remove it, note it in my gamebook, and move on - there are 100s of other great choices.

[Post New]by linnie60 on Aug 22, 11 5:22 PM
Actually I like it - but I am stuck - I am at the Babi's door and don't know what I am supposed to put in the rope in order to weigh down the pulley. Can anyone assist?

b2u4
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by b2u4 on Mar 4, 12 3:24 PM
I have had the same problem of not being able to pick up objects. May be only 1 object, often several. Same with wanting to grab inventory item - have to click more than once,
- Usually I can pick up objects when I clock aroung it & on it - varies as to which will work. My worse item was a key at top of cabinet door above door hinge. This really takes away from my enjoying the game - but I will try to finish it - gradually. Because I often get to an area and can not find where i am to go or what i am to do next. no glitter anywhere, hint does little and if i keep wondering - finally the girl at top will say - no more to do here.
- i will say most of the hidden objects are hidden pretty well so it does have some challenge, -- BUT not being able to pick up objects is a real pain!

[Post New]by Stitchladt on Jun 2, 12 11:00 AM
My first Big fish game.....all worked well until I had to upgrade to go further...now the hint won't work and I am completely stuck...are they all like this ? Wasted $5

[Post New]by jbugg2010 on Oct 1, 12 12:29 PM
This game is dreadful, it won't allow me to pick up the baseball bat - complete waste of money

Edited on 10/01/2012 at 12:30:04 PM PST

[Post New]by maud44twee on Jul 9, 13 11:36 AM
I can't get the the torch torch to light in chapter 5 anyone any idea what I can do

[Post New]by ChristineSnape on Aug 1, 13 4:19 PM
I wish there was a walkthrough. I'm stuck in her grandmother's house, the living room, with the light shining on the end table from the attic. It won't let me do anything. Help!!!!!

Go to: