Re:Technical Issues

[Post New]by Puzzler1968 on Jan 23, 11 2:46 AM
I'm not even getting into the game. It says it installed correctly and is listed in my Game Manager, but when I try to play it I get a black screen with a blue box telling me "Input not supported". I'm running Vista Ultimate so it shouldn't be a problem.

Uninstalled. I'll try it onmy Win7 machine at the office.

OzAngler
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by OzAngler on Jan 23, 11 3:00 AM
I too get a message when I try to play the game but my message says "video mode not supported". This is the second time I have received a message like this with a game,I ended up uninstalling it.

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Jan 23, 11 3:06 AM
I cannot click on the bat either. I have tried the hint as well, but no matter where I click on it, I end up just getting the darn cursor freeze. Not going to waste my whole hour demo on trying to get that darn bat! BFG we need to have this fixed please or it will be a definite no for most people who can't get any further!

diner524d
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by diner524d on Jan 23, 11 3:13 AM
dcairns wrote:I cannot click on the bat either. I have tried the hint as well, but no matter where I click on it, I end up just getting the darn cursor freeze. Not going to waste my whole hour demo on trying to get that darn bat! BFG we need to have this fixed please or it will be a definite no for most people who can't get any further!

Add me to the list of having problems picking up the bat. I tried clicking everywhere on the bat and it wouldn't pick up. I too, quit, as I don't want to burn my whole hour up, as this might be a game to buy if this gets fixed.

[Post New]by mnorbury52 on Jan 23, 11 3:22 AM
Oh dear I too am having the same problems. Cannot see the list of objects and find that when I click it is not on the object but away from it. I love my nightly game. Always feel very disappointed when they don't work properly. as you may have guessed I am in Australia.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jan 23, 11 3:24 AM
I uninstall en reinstall the game. Does't help! Can't still pickup items. No buy for me at the moment.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 23, 11 3:27 AM
There is some bug, because when I find some object, it is not deleted from the list on the left.

When the list contains silhouettes only - the find is deleted from the list.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jan 23, 11 3:42 AM
Harriju wrote:I can't pick up the baseball bat either.

Glad it's not just me!

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jan 23, 11 4:10 AM
janspack wrote:
Harriju wrote:I can't pick up the baseball bat either.

Glad it's not just me!

Just tried again and managed to get it by clicking on the bottom edge, the right side of the roof beam. Hope that helps someone else. I had to just keep clicking in slightly different areas until I hit the right spot!

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Jan 23, 11 5:08 AM
OzAngler wrote:I too get a message when I try to play the game but my message says "video mode not supported". This is the second time I have received a message like this with a game,I ended up uninstalling it.

Me too, except mine says "frequencies not supported". I updated my graphics drivers, but still no luck. Uninstalling.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Jan 23, 11 5:29 AM
lynn009 wrote:I click on the item but nothing happens. Is anyone having this problem?

The "sweet spot" on some of the items is very small, so you may have to click on the item slowly and move the cursor a tiny bit each time. I'm trying to decide if this is a deal breaker or not.

mylab8it
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by mylab8it on Jan 23, 11 5:43 AM
I can see the list but it won't let me pick up the bat. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn't help at all. Guess we have to wait until they find a fix.

mylab8it
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by mylab8it on Jan 23, 11 6:09 AM
dk5793 wrote:
lynn009 wrote:I click on the item but nothing happens. Is anyone having this problem?

The "sweet spot" on some of the items is very small, so you may have to click on the item slowly and move the cursor a tiny bit each time. I'm trying to decide if this is a deal breaker or not.

You are so right, about sweet spot, I finally found it on the bat. Notice that there are others too. Makes it tough to play. Thanks.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

Technical Issues

[Post New]by saphhire on Jan 23, 11 6:15 AM
jeffory wrote:Is anyone else having trouble seeing the list of objects you are supposed to find, it is on the far left side of my screen and I cannot even see it or the hint button, when in window mode I can see the list but would not be able to find anything it is so small????
yes I'm having trouble too can't see the whole list plus hint just says need to find item in list.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Jan 23, 11 6:22 AM
Unable to pick up the baseball bat so I can not progerss any further in the game. I suspect that there will be other items that I will not be able to pick up. Looks like a good game but seems to have some glitches in it. Any chance of a quick fix from BF? Edit: Thanks to the advice from "doctorgood" and others I was finally able to pick up the baseball bat. They are right when they say the sweet spot on some items is small and difficult to find. Their help is greatly appreciated.

Edited on 01/23/2011 at 12:09:45 PM PST

ghstmyst
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by ghstmyst on Jan 23, 11 6:30 AM
I,too, am having problems picking up the bad on the wall. Also, having trouble picking up other items. It seems that you have to pick them up at just the right spot, sometimes just the very end, to be successful. If it is this touchy, I would think twice about buying this game.

snags2
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by snags2 on Jan 23, 11 6:40 AM
Can't see the Items list at all. Going into the 'Windowed Mode' requires a very strong magnifying glass. Disappointing i was looking forward to it.

Snags

Technical Issues

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jan 23, 11 6:43 AM
jeffory wrote:Is anyone else having trouble seeing the list of objects you are supposed to find, it is on the far left side of my screen and I cannot even see it or the hint button, when in window mode I can see the list but would not be able to find anything it is so small????

I am having the same problem. I have never had this kind of thing happen before. You can't see the list and there is a black area to the right as if the whole thing is shifted to the left. I can't play like this.

[Post New]by heatherington on Jan 23, 11 7:08 AM
After I went into the dark library and came back out it put up some silhouettes that I was suppose to find. I was doing great till I got to the baseball bat. I saw the bat but it would not let me have it. I clicked on the hint button twice and while the hint was surrounding it I clicked on it. I clicked on it so much the cursor started swirling around. But I'll be danged, it would not let me have that blessed bat. No way. I had noticed difficulty in getting the phone down from the rafter previously. I must have clicked on that puppy five or six times before it finally let me have it. SO there is a glitch in the game and I will not be able to buy it without a patch. So how long do we have to wait for the patch!

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jan 23, 11 7:15 AM
Ya' know, it's kind of a bad sign when the tech thread has the most posts! You might want to think about that before you lay your money down . . .just a thought.
Dr.good

Go to: