govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jack of All Tribes

[Post New]by govols2 on Jan 26, 11 1:01 PM
I believe that is exactly what Bella is saying laeddie. They automatically go faster, chop faster or whatever after you complete the hidden object section

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Jan 26, 11 1:05 PM
Thank You HAPPY GAMING to you both!

niki93
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by niki93 on Jan 26, 11 2:39 PM
where is the alter at the end?

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 26, 11 2:47 PM
I like this type of game - this game is similar to the My kingdom for the princess series, but easier. A buy for me, the game is great

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Jan 26, 11 2:51 PM
soblessed57 wrote: So there is no 'untimed' option in this game? Pity if there isn't.

Actually, it took me several levels to realize there even was a timer; I just thought the day was "ending", like it does in some other games. As for being in the dark (which I was at each level; probably why I thought it was the norm LOL), the "dark" is just night time; it's perfectly lit up with fires throughout the village.
I like the "busyness" of this game, there's lots of stuff to do. The only problem with this, is that I know I missed some of the printed dialogue because I was just too busy doing other stuff. A fun little game with lots of personality!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 26, 11 3:13 PM
The graphics are bright and well done. The gameplay is similar to Roads of Rome and MKFTP with upgrading building and resource collecting. The storyline is fun and unique.

This game is an A+.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jan 26, 11 3:35 PM
These little people have big little personalities, more than in other similar games, don't they? I love their sweet faces and their little "okay" when you get them on a chore.
Maybe there are other similar games where the little people talk and make sounds like these guys do when they eat or sleep. If there are, please tell me which ones!
I had to buy this one. I've missed Expert 2x in the first 10 levels. 'Nighttime' screens haven't been a problem so far, perfectly playable for me, so I hope it won't keep folks from at least trying the game. It's alot of fun!

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Jan 26, 11 3:43 PM
I'm not a TM person at all but I bought Royal Envoy for the GofY sale and just fell in love with it. This game is all right, but the whole time playing I was wishing I was playing RE instead. I even dream RE.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jan 26, 11 4:08 PM
alvertis5706 wrote:
soblessed57 wrote: So there is no 'untimed' option in this game? Pity if there isn't.

Actually, it took me several levels to realize there even was a timer; I just thought the day was "ending", like it does in some other games. As for being in the dark (which I was at each level; probably why I thought it was the norm LOL), the "dark" is just night time; it's perfectly lit up with fires throughout the village.
I like the "busyness" of this game, there's lots of stuff to do. The only problem with this, is that I know I missed some of the printed dialogue because I was just too busy doing other stuff. A fun little game with lots of personality!

Ok that sounds fine,so I will def. demo this one,thanks!

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jan 26, 11 6:50 PM
This is a really cute & charming game. I prefer **** games by all means but this was a fun demo...my daughter who is 8 enjoyed it too. It is family game. I recommend it!

vahlcanna1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by vahlcanna1 on Jan 27, 11 3:05 AM
this game reminded me me RE and wonder burg. with a hint of fairy maids i love games with cheeky banter and thought this had a great sense of humor with great current pop culture references. i was so disappointed my trial was over. the bonuses are great and the needs/wishes are very entertaining definitely a buy for me. 4.5 out of 5, only cause ican tell ill want more levels and this;ll be a quick game for me. i dont like HOG games but the HOG mini games are easy enough so not to be annoying an =d entertaining

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Jan 27, 11 5:34 AM
I like this one better than Island Tribe, I wish it had come out first. My punch cards are full, have to wait until next month now
Hey BFG... stop the monthly punch cards and just give punch cards. I know I would buy more often. A week until next month I just might forget about a game I wanted and get something else. We all count to multiples of six then stop buying..lol at least I do!
Cute game...the workers sure like their cocktails!!

[Post New]by rHiNoCeRoS on Jan 27, 11 6:53 AM
I was suprised to see today the game already released in BFG, when I only played the demo and took the survey only afwe weeks ago...

I enjoyed very much the beta game, as many other comments say, it recalls me of MKFTP and RE. I loved the little characters and the cute graphics, and the story line as well.
As it was released so fast, just made me wonder what was the survey for?? Or if the developers even had the time to read our surveys and make some adjustments for the beta version, before it was released...

Anyway, it is a buy for me, although I wished its (as I wrote in the survey) difficulty levels up through out the game, or it has an activation option for tips, etc...
A 5 out of 10

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jan 27, 11 7:45 AM
vahlcanna1 wrote: i love games with cheeky banter and thought this had a great sense of humor with great current pop culture references.

Definitely! I love this game so far & I am not a real huge fan of MKFTP or Roads to Rome. This game kept me more entertained because additional story plot or new things to do kept getting added & many of the comments from the main character cracked me up. I also loved how you can make the little characters happy with bubble baths & I don't know, I feel like there is more of a connection to the characters than just mindless little workers running around. My favorite level so far has 2 tribe leaders feuding--one wanting you to build & one not--too funny. Definitely getting this one today!

Lisa_111
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_111 on Jan 27, 11 7:48 AM
I demo'd this game and loved it! I bought it as soon as I saw it was available here at bf.

Played it way tooo late last night!

margojg
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by margojg on Jan 27, 11 7:56 AM
I just did the demo and decided it wasn't for me. I am not much of a Time Management game, but thought it might be like Island Castaway, which I did enjoy. Alas, it was not to be. If you enjoy TMs, I can see where this would be a fun and great game to have. There is lots of action, no real time pressure, several fun things to do, including a bit of "hidden object" and excitement with the fires, etc. I thought the cocktail hut was a fun addition. The scenes are bright and colourful and the people are active and fun. It is nice to see them jumping up and down with such enthusiasm when you complete a level. Makes you feel like you accomplished something. The directions are explicit and easy to follow and the timer doesn't seem to be a factor, even to someone who doesn't play a lot of TM games. All in all, if I was a TM person, I would definitely purchase this one, but decided not to as I am more of a slow paced person, I guess. Those of you who do decide to buy it, enjoy.

3076cmc
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by 3076cmc on Jan 27, 11 9:10 AM
After buying and finishing the game my rating is just "ok". Cute graphics are undeniable. Where it fell short for me was the lack of a true challenge. Kinda chaotic and easy at the same time. There was no true strategy for me.

Royal Envoy 2 cannot come out soon enough!

I recently replayed it and MKFP II because of withdrawal!

I'm waiting very patiently.....

mrspeel99
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by mrspeel99 on Jan 27, 11 11:28 AM
Ditto with all the above positive comments. Loved this game. It is indeed much like "Royal Envoy" which I thoroughly enjoyed as well. Characters are hilarious and character interaction is amusing. Music isn't even that bad.

A buy for me.

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Jan 27, 11 12:38 PM
Cute game...I wonder which one is longer? This one or Island Tribe? I finished Island Tribe somewhere around 4 hrs.

Anyway, I'm not sure where to post my question as it isn't a comment...no wait, I take that back, it could be a comment...lol...for sure it's not a review and don't know if it's a tech. problem or not...until someone, hopefully soon, answers my question.

And since I wasn't paying attention to what level I was on, well I'm hoping that won't matter.
My question is this, I reached the island where some big ole' guy was the cheif...it was after playing through the plane wreck, and ya had to do the usual things, build huts but this one had a cave ya had to explore [think it might of had an animal in it?], and on the far left a hut where a certain amount of people went into to build something? You could add ppl or when a fire broke out, I'd take a couple of ppl out to put the fire out quicker. On the bottom right, all the things I had to do...think it was 2 or 3 things I had to do, well they were checked off but the game kept playing on that one level until my time ran out. I tried clicking on all the huts to make sure they were finished, even took some ppl out of that one hut to the point it showed these 2 wheels/nuts or whatever mechical [sp] term it is, so put them back in and the hut was built back up. I clicked on the cave again, inside the cave...put it this way, I don't think there was a place I didn't click on! lol what I'm wanting to know is, was I playing it right or is it indeed a 'tech. problem'? Oh and if there was an animal in the cave, I don't know where it went to. I even chopped down all the trees and got all the food off the bushes....I'd appreciate any help on this ...don't know if I should post it in 'tech problems' thread or wait till I hear from someone here...I need one more game to fill my punch card up and was going to use this one (but then saw the TM game out today) since the 4.99 sale is still go till the 31st was gonna pay for it and save my credit for next month. I hope this game is not shorter then Island Tribe as then it will be a no buy for me....and if it's a tech prob. then I just might end up buying 'Magic Sweets'. LOL

Thanks for any help in this! Take care all~

[Post New]by rHiNoCeRoS on Jan 27, 11 2:16 PM
cyndihugs wrote:On the bottom right, all the things I had to do...think it was 2 or 3 things I had to do, well they were checked off but the game kept playing on that one level until my time ran out. I tried clicking on all the huts to make sure they were finished, even took some ppl out of that one hut to the point it showed these 2 wheels/nuts or whatever mechical [sp] term it is, so put them back in and the hut was built back up. I clicked on the cave again, inside the cave...put it this way, I don't think there was a place I didn't click on! lol what I'm wanting to know is, was I playing it right or is it indeed a 'tech. problem'? Oh and if there was an animal in the cave, I don't know where it went to. I even chopped down all the trees and got all the food off the bushes....I'd appreciate any help on this ...

Cindihugs

I tried to figure out somewhat the same things you did; Playing now level 26, I finally got to manage the little characters and the commands as well.

*If you are building something (hut, bar, etc)....you click once on the place needed, and any available little characters will be dispatched. If one of them is hungry or wants a cocktail, you send them to eat or to the bar by clicking the place, and other available little men may take their places.

*The "nuts" appear when there is/are no worker(s) in the farm or in the wood shack. As you correctly did, you need to send workers to these places in order to get food and/or wood.

*When you click to command, you may cancel the action by clicking the little characters, or over the working place again. (But this won' t work if they are in the bar, bathtub or riding the Dino)

*If you send too many workers and you need some to a building area, just right-click over one of the worker's heads (which appearr over the farm, etc), and it will pop up a message: "kick out", click on it and the worker will be dispatched to other needed place.

As for the play time? other fishies say it may take 4~5 hours of gaming.
I can't remember right now if there are other useful tips to the game, but I hope these will help you to decide whether to buy the game and enjoy the story to the end, or not..

Happy gaming!

Edited on 01/27/2011 at 2:19:25 PM PST

Go to: