telescope in bedroom

Mimisix
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

Re:telescope in bedroom

[Post New]by Mimisix on Jan 28, 11 2:48 PM
Well at least I'm not alone. Having the exact same problem with the telescope. I started the game last night and was hoping this would be resolved when I came home from work today but it isn't. I hate to have to reinstall and start over. Otherwise I love the game.

[Post New]by scarygame_lvr on Jan 28, 11 3:24 PM
yes I to am having this same problem with the lens just frozen and will not move. This is obviously a glitch to some and we need it fixed to move on in the game. I sure hope the fix this mess.

Mimisix
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by Mimisix on Jan 28, 11 3:27 PM
I just spoke to Jon S. regarding this problem. He said the developers are aware of this glitch and are working on a solution as we speak. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still had the same problem. Jon said he would email me something that may work. I'll let you know.

I have only had trouble with 2 games and I do buy a lot of them. I think BFG's Customer Service live chat is excellent. So nice to do business with a company that gets it.................... provides actual customer service.

[Post New]by scarygame_lvr on Jan 28, 11 3:32 PM
You know what ... it shouldn't matter if only a hand full of people are having this issue it should be fixed asap. When you buy a game it should work properly and not have so many problems. So that just irritates me that live chat would say that there are not enough complaints.

Mimisix
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by Mimisix on Jan 28, 11 4:06 PM
Didn't work. I have now uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and still have the same problem.

From Live Chat - "I just had it confirmed. The developers are aware of the issue and they are working on a fix as we speak. We should have it ready in 2 - 3 weeks if I had to guess"

I hope they get this fixed a lot sooner than that.

[Post New]by DKenney on Jan 28, 11 4:46 PM
Having the same problem so I hope that it is fixed soon. Not great when you want to play a game and are stuck just because of one scene

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Jan 28, 11 4:55 PM
I was having problems with that telescope too and it didn't reset even after uninstall/reinstall. Big Fish has people working on it, so I'll just wait because I'm really enjoying the game.

[Post New]by scarygame_lvr on Jan 28, 11 5:50 PM
2 to 3 weeks ,,,, it should not take that long. I had a problem with another new game a week or so ago and there were tons of complaints and they had it fixed within a day. If I have to wait 2 to 3 weeks I will just have them give me my money back.

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Jan 28, 11 9:29 PM
Same thing as all the other fishies, so enjoying this beautiful game and I am disappointed not to be able to move on - i tried the 326 code on the box but was also told to get the code first - all lenses stuck and no good clicking in the centre part of the telescope.

Closed up, restarted twice and no good so guess we all wait for a fix..

On the positive side, i think this game is great and I hope more like this arrive in our fishbowl.

[Post New]by Razorback55 on Jan 28, 11 10:05 PM
My game won't let me back in the bedroom after find the statuary in the
library. It says to go back to bedroom and set statue on the jewelry box, but
won't let me in. Any suggestions"

Memonk
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Memonk on Jan 29, 11 5:40 AM
Frankly, this is ridiculous. With this many complaints and all the money they received from people that bought this game you would think that they would pay more attention to the issue. When you buy a game they don't want two or three weeks for the money from you. On the other side this is the first time I have had a problem with a game to this degree. BF work it please. Yes, everyone, reinstalling does not work. Sorry.

[Post New]by patsy205 on Jan 29, 11 7:42 AM
I'm having the same problem as everyone else. The telescope puzzle has frozen, and when I click on the center lens, nothing happens. This seems to be a huge problem for several people. Will try uninstalling and starting again. Hope this helps as I have enjoyed the game so far.

JennEdge
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by JennEdge on Jan 29, 11 11:01 AM
I went the undesirable way and started a new profile...was able to play straight through and finish the game. I know it sucks, but it worked...

[Post New]by iceejo on Jan 29, 11 12:32 PM
Hi every9one! I also am stuck on the telescope for the third time; the first time it worked but i did not have correct sequence.
When i returned to telescope no more movement; i seriously believe r4eset is nothing but a laugh. I just know they have not used this game themselves.

rachacha
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by rachacha on Jan 29, 11 5:28 PM
I also have same problem, wont reset. No sense in reinstalling as it doesn't seem to help, per other fishes. I will close for the evening and hopefully tomorrow am it will be fixed! will not wait three weeks for a fix!
Barb

Ramlynne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Ramlynne on Jan 29, 11 6:38 PM
I have a question for anyone that has finished the game. A lot of us are stuck on the telescope lens thing. What I want to know is, is there a lot more game left or are we near the end? I am just curious. I know we have bonus stuff. I am talking about just the regular game. Thanks

[Post New]by patsy205 on Jan 29, 11 10:31 PM
I finally finished the game, by carefully clicking onto the telescope in the bedroom. I had to uninstall the game and reinstall it and very carefully play that puzzle. I think BFG should reinburse our money for this game.

[Post New]by CPieterse on Jan 30, 11 1:57 AM
Yes, Also having this problem, VERY frustrating!! Hope this gets sorted out soon. I do NOT want to re-install and start again.

[Post New]by evil_sue on Jan 30, 11 8:42 AM
WHERE do i find the telescope , and what needs to be put on the box at the mirror?

[Post New]by kkyband on Jan 30, 11 9:37 AM
I am also having the same problem. I clicked on the center lens and nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled and again nothing. Help!!!!

Go to: