awvines
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mishap 2: An Intentional Haunting

[Post New]by awvines on Jan 28, 11 7:14 AM
What a load of fun! Something to make you giggle every time you look, which can be distracting yet somehow I didn't mind. This is not a "race through the list" kind of game, which is my usual mode for HOG scenes. Nice to have some tongue-in-cheek instead of darkness and mystery.

I love puzzles and riddles but not so much the arcade games, so it was nice that they can be skipped after one round. I also love little secret challenges, like finding the ectoplasm cans.

I finished the riddle in the Gym chapter just in time for the free trial time to expire. Will I buy it? Probably when I get a free credit. It was a lovely hour with my morning cup of tea.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Jan 28, 11 7:17 AM
Love this game. I do agree that some of the objects are hard to find. That said, the overall wonder of the graphics and the different "rooms" along with the riddle are so intriguing as to make this one addictive game. I agree with everyone who said they couldn't "put it down". Keep up the good work Namco, you are the best!

Happy gaming everyone! I am off to play some more!

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Jan 28, 11 7:24 AM
I've been waiting for this one also. As long as the demo runs smooth, this will be a buy for me I'm sure. I loved the first one. Thanks

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jan 28, 11 7:26 AM
Yosemite1956c wrote:Are these developers on drugs or what????
And if you over-click..........WTF is that????

No thanks!

well, I was trying to figure out a way to say it, but you did it just fine. It's too bad because this is one of the few games where I've actually enjoyed the intro, but that geisha girl from hell is just too much. Unfortunately it just ruined the whole game for me. Too bad because the graphics are amazing although some of the items are really almost impossible to find.

[Post New]by beachgirl6541 on Jan 28, 11 7:30 AM
cottoncandy:
There is a relaxed mode if you would rather not see the pop-up ghost

[Post New]by Games_Blonde on Jan 28, 11 8:02 AM
Yosemite1956c wrote:Are these developers on drugs or what????
And if you over-click..........WTF is that????

No thanks!

About time that we got something creative... Maybe more developers should take them.

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 8:03:06 AM PST

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Jan 28, 11 8:08 AM
Loved the first one. What a really fun change of pace game. Made me laugh and was a reaaly fun game to play. Nothing serious and dark about it. Lots of color and bright flashing lights.

Were the developers on drugs?? Well, I for one do not care. The weather outside is nasty, I have a free afternoon and now I have a truly enjoyable way to spend it!!!

Can't wait to play this one. Happy I saved some spots on my card this month, must have known this was coming!!!

PS: If you don't like bright, flashy, screaming moving colors do not play this game!!!

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 8:48:59 AM PST

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jan 28, 11 8:12 AM
I have the first one and like that one a lot.

I played the whole demo sample which lasted 52 minutes for me.

This one just doesn't cut it for me. I found the music rather annoying...most of the time I can tune it out if it bugs me but not this time.

I HATE the minigames. That's the main reason I won't get this one - maybe as a DD.
I don't care for arcade or time management games what so ever.

I also didn't like that you can't skip the intro...blah blah blah....not interested. And don't care to read so many notes and letters and scrolls.

What I also found interesting is the fact that the first dev that shows up can't get their own games working properly or get it fixed, however if they have some other company do the work for them the games work fine......

The graphics are really pretty!!!!

The HOG scenes I do like, they make you work for your progress.

Too much for me I don't like to buy.

[Post New]by country_girl864 on Jan 28, 11 8:21 AM
Well. I think 3 games came out this week that alot of people went a little crazy over. So everytime I as started reading the forum entries I've gotten excited over the propect of a new and exciting game to play. But no. I hated them all. I didn't even finish the demos, into the trash they went. Soooo, this morning, when I saw Mishap 2, I thought, Great another day or a week without a game for me. Well boy was I wrong. I LOVE this game. I am so pathetically happy. I even went back and checked out Mishap 1 and still had over 30 minutes on the demo. I played that too. Looks like I'm buying 2 new games. I like that there is so much detail. 'Cause believe me when I say I have nothing but time and the longer I can look for something the better. I hate speeding through a game to beat the clock and then its over before you know it. Some games I do play over and over, well anyway, YEAH!!! GOOD GAME!!! SO HAPPY!!!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 28, 11 8:26 AM
I didn't care for the first Mishap, but thought I'd give 2 a try. Took me all of five minutes to decide this wasn't for me. Hated the graphics, and found the whole thing too bright and too confusing.

Fortunately, I decided not to wait to purchase Shadow Wolf, so I'm a happy person today, even if I didn't like this one at all.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jan 28, 11 8:29 AM
I played the demo when it came out on the developer's site some time ago. When I downloaded the demo today & started it picked back up where it had stopped. I loved the first game and this one's just as good. In the relaxed mode if you over click the ghost, or at least I'm assuming it's the ghost, says something & it's different for each chapter. I can see where the flashing lights can bother people and aggravate conditions like headaches, migraines, seizures for those who are sensitive so be careful if you're prone to those things. One of the reasons I really like both games is that they take a different approach to the ghost hunting theme and it's more humorous and ridiculous than serious. In my humble opinion it is a refreshing change from darker and more sinister themed games in the genre.

I just finshed the demo & realizd that it's a sample. I know I read that in someone else's post, I just didn't attend to it. The sample is two chapters long. I did not finish the first time I played, probably because I spent a long time on the "Space Invaders"-type mini game in the first chapter. Still having had completed most of the second chapter the first time I played the game it took me about 25 minutes to complete the rest of the demo.I still had to finish the sauna and the juice bar H0 scenes, find 3 ghosts, solve the riddle, and complete the minigame.

Have fun & Happy Friday Y'all

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 8:51:06 AM PST

GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on Jan 28, 11 9:12 AM
Looking over the games in my Game Manager just yesterday, I saw Mishap 1 and thought about what a good game it was. For me, there's been a dearth of games lately that I even wanted to demo, so I was "forced" to replay a World Riddles which I get totally obsessive with. So happy to see Mishap 2 as TGT! As the other cautious fishies have said, I'll check the demo to make sure there are no obvious bugs, then it's a buy

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Jan 28, 11 9:46 AM
Well, it seems you either love this one or hate it, and I am sadly one of those who is extremely disappointed. Loved the first one so much, but the visual tricks and lady screaming at me along with very difficult to find objects make this a HUGE thumbs down for me. Even though I found all the ghosts in the scene (too, too easy, what's the point of it anyway), the monocle kept flashing, and it was really a pain to try to peer through the fog and mist and falling water. Didn't even get to a mini-game as I gave up before even finishing the first three rooms. I found none of the charm or humor of the original in this sequel.

[Post New]by Games_Blonde on Jan 28, 11 9:59 AM
essgee52 wrote:Well, it seems you either love this one or hate it, and I am sadly one of those who is extremely disappointed. Loved the first one so much, but the visual tricks and lady screaming at me along with very difficult to find objects make this a HUGE thumbs down for me. Even though I found all the ghosts in the scene (too, too easy, what's the point of it anyway), the monocle kept flashing, and it was really a pain to try to peer through the fog and mist and falling water. Didn't even get to a mini-game as I gave up before even finishing the first three rooms. I found none of the charm or humor of the original in this sequel.

The humor is definitely there... But it does start out a little more sinister - And I think that is the point this time around. However, I can tell you for sure... The ghosts are just as goofy this time around if not more - And the cameos of the ghosts from the 1st game are downright perfect.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Jan 28, 11 9:59 AM
I really really really tried hard to like this one because I'm all out of games to play and a long weekend ahead. So it will be a boring weekend. I spend 1/2 my demo trying to find the objects in the first HOG scene. I've never been unable to find elephants and watermelons... and then I tried to use a HINT and I clicked wrong and got that ghost thing and couldn't turn it off.

I'll pass.... I looked up the first and discovered I didn't like that one either. Different strokes and all.

I guess I'll have to replay some of my old games.

[Post New]by ThoughtFox on Jan 28, 11 10:02 AM
Sorry, I didn't enjoy this one. I don't think the graphics are very good and I really didn't like the arcade type game at the end of chapter one so I won't be buying this. The first game didn't appeal to me either so maybe it's just not my style.

[Post New]by Games_Blonde on Jan 28, 11 10:08 AM
ThoughtFox wrote:Sorry, I didn't enjoy this one. I don't think the graphics are very good and I really didn't like the arcade type game at the end of chapter one so I won't be buying this. The first game didn't appeal to me either so maybe it's just not my style.

Graphics not very good? Maybe you demo'd the wrong game... Either that or you might need a thicker set you silly goose.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 28, 11 10:24 AM
Wow! Just Wow!

I played the demo - it ended at the end of chapter 1, and took me 40 minutes. IHOG.

Oriental, fantastical, animated hidden object scenes that look Jim Henson inspired. Of course the animations make it harder to find the objects, but they are soooo worth it (- aside from folks who get motion sickness from it). I found the lights to be beautiful and not too flashy - so for those affected, you'll have to trust the touchier fishies who've commented, or try it for yourself and see how you do with it - and maybe adjust your monitor settings a little? Other games have gratuitous movement and flashes, whereas these are very much atmospheric and wonderfully creative and fun. Also a fine sense of humor in the ghost descriptions and so on .

I seldom buy hidden object games on the spot, but I'm tempted to with this one - the only hesitation I have is to check my punchcard filling needs first, since it's the end of the month.

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 10:24:54 AM PST

[Post New]by africangreylady on Jan 28, 11 10:31 AM
I loved the first game, and ditto this one! It's a little bit crazy, a little bit goofy and a whole LOT of fun. If you only halfway liked the first Haunting, you'll love this one, too. Mark this as a 'buy' for me!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 28, 11 11:38 AM
just not my cuppa tea.....i played from the dev, i hate the space invaders type mini game, really no interaction, ghosts to easy to find........riddles obscure...

Go to: