Re:Post any Mishap 2: An Intentional Haunting technical issues here only

[Post New]by Kittensrgreat on Jan 28, 11 3:57 PM
Chapter 2 gym riddle. When I click on the table to complete the riddle, it exits the game to the main menu. ???

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 28, 11 4:34 PM
Also, if you upgrade your video driver and have Windows 7... the upgrade may change the dpi on your monitor. I had to manually change mine per Curt's advice in order to finally play this game. Once I'm done with the game, then I'll change the dpi back to larger text, etcetera.

ssa4
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by ssa4 on Jan 28, 11 7:40 PM
I put the salts in the hot springs, but the mini game didn't pop up. Am I missing something, or should it have just come up after I put the salt and the iron in the water?

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Jan 28, 11 10:51 PM
For me the game is super-sized so I only see one corner of the title screen and I can't get to any game controls including Options or anything else. I've tried changing resolution and that did nothing.

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Jan 29, 11 1:39 AM
Experiencing the same problem with "Mishap 2" as with "Mishap 1". Mishap 1 - Access violation at 0X004F164F cannot read 0X00000001. Mishap 2 - Access violation at 0X004A707B cannot read 0X00000004. Microsoft reported that I have the newest version of DirectX 9.0 . Used my Registry Fix to clean up any errors. Checked video cards. Will get in touch with Tech Support on Monday.

Edited on 01/29/2011 at 1:42:37 AM PST

jbentley
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by jbentley on Jan 29, 11 2:56 AM
Kittensrgreat wrote:Chapter 2 gym riddle. When I click on the table to complete the riddle, it exits the game to the main menu. ???

The same thing is happening to me!! I re-downloaded the game & still the same thing!!

Edited on 01/29/2011 at 2:58:09 AM PST

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 29, 11 5:55 AM
Hi.
asierrahiker wrote:For me the game is super-sized so I only see one corner of the title screen and I can't get to any game controls including Options or anything else. I've tried changing resolution and that did nothing.

I had to change the dpi in order to play this game for the very same reason as you... supersized screen display.

I have Windows 7 and this is how I changed the dpi per Curt's advice:

Right click on the desktop.
Select Personalize
Select Display (left bottom corner of pop-up)
Select "smallest" which is 96 dpi
Select Apply

The game should fit on your monitor screen now. But you may notice everything else is compromised in size if you're used to having large text, etcetera.

The size was a problem for me so I went back and selected "medium" dpi and Apply. And that is working for me, also.

Edited on 01/29/2011 at 5:55:50 AM PST

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 29, 11 5:58 AM
Hi.

KimiKanda wrote:Experiencing the same problem with "Mishap 2" as with "Mishap 1". Mishap 1 - Access violation at 0X004F164F cannot read 0X00000001. Mishap 2 - Access violation at 0X004A707B cannot read 0X00000004. Microsoft reported that I have the newest version of DirectX 9.0 . Used my Registry Fix to clean up any errors. Checked video cards. Will get in touch with Tech Support on Monday.

I'd done everything you have and still had troubles. I just had gotten my repaired PC back from the shop a week ago with Windows 7 installed instead of the dreaded Vista. I asked the computer guy to update everything for me and I was told he had.

Well, it turns out he hadn't and Curt caught that. I had to go to ATI Radeon and update my video card. Curt sent me the url for the correct update, I followed through, and that worked for me.

Though the upgrade did tweak the dpi and I had to manually change that, too, in order to play this game.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jan 29, 11 6:07 AM
I hope the glitch in the "rock band" stage has been fixed, otherwise a no-go for me.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jan 29, 11 9:56 AM
The entire game worked perfect for me until I got to the hair dresser, mini game, which I couldn't play because I had no control over my mouse pointer, so I couldn't click on anything that was needed to mix the hair dye etc.
I had to do ALT+CTRL+DEL to get out of the game, so FRUSTRATING, I don't understand why everything else worked, up to this point?
I can't continue on with the game, unless I am able to complete this mini, which I can't do.
I have Windows XP and my directX is up to date, I played the first Mishap without any problems, so I have no idea what the problem could be?
I've already purchased the game and would like to finish it, so any idea's or suggestions, would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance :-(

I am such a huge fan of this game...this SUCKS big time...boo hoo .

Edited on 01/29/2011 at 9:58:32 AM PST

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Jan 29, 11 10:37 AM
Huh...I got all the way to what I think is the ending but the screen suddenly froze. Didn't see if he got his wife back lol. Wierd..I've never had a game play all the way through THEN screw up!

furrondie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by furrondie on Jan 29, 11 2:58 PM
KimiKanda wrote:Experiencing the same problem with "Mishap 2" as with "Mishap 1". Mishap 1 - Access violation at 0X004F164F cannot read 0X00000001. Mishap 2 - Access violation at 0X004A707B cannot read 0X00000004. Microsoft reported that I have the newest version of DirectX 9.0 . Used my Registry Fix to clean up any errors. Checked video cards. Will get in touch with Tech Support on Monday.

I have tried to download this also. Get the same message as above. I checked all recommended fixes and can't get it to take. I also have the current video cards according to microsoft. I have not had any problems with the other games all year. Sure would like to play this one. I guess will try tech support Monday also.

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Jan 29, 11 3:00 PM
I ended the demo just about to solve the riddle. Liked the first in the series and decided to buy this one also. After downloading the large file got into the game and had to replay the juice bar. Click on the table to answer the riddle and jumps out of the game. Getting the little door in 2 different places on the table and tried them both numerous times and still takes me out of the game. Does anyone know if this is a problem they are going to fix? Can't go any further in the game....very bummed right now....

[Post New]by duhette on Jan 29, 11 5:05 PM
chillygirl, I had the exact same problem video just started going really REALLY slow so I have no idea how the game ends

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Jan 29, 11 5:54 PM
Has anybody had trouble shooting the kamikaze rockets? Since I'm playing on a MacBook with a track pad there is no "right click". I've tried using the control, option, command & shift keys with no luck. I can't shoot the green box & my demo time is running out.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Jan 30, 11 5:31 AM
carolemoore1961 wrote:I ended the demo just about to solve the riddle. Liked the first in the series and decided to buy this one also. After downloading the large file got into the game and had to replay the juice bar. Click on the table to answer the riddle and jumps out of the game. Getting the little door in 2 different places on the table and tried them both numerous times and still takes me out of the game. Does anyone know if this is a problem they are going to fix? Can't go any further in the game....very bummed right now....

I am having similar problem. I exited the game right before doing the first riddle. When I went back to do the riddle-THE DOOR WAS GONE FROM THE POND!!!
I can't even get to the riddle. I was going to buy this game but not now. I have tried 3 different times and now the demo time is up. I QUIT. Too bad to, it looked like a great game.

ritchieprod
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by ritchieprod on Jan 30, 11 5:39 AM
Fun game, but maybe a little overloaded on cool graphics. When I got to the finale, it froze, skipped forward, dropped all audio and progressed at a one frame rate until I had to force quit. I don't know how it ends, but I enjoyed the ride.

Qtkitteh
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by Qtkitteh on Jan 30, 11 11:16 AM
I'm running Windows XP and while playing the demo I minimized the screen by going to "options", clicking on "fullscreen" to un-check it and then *poof*! The game disappeared all together! I can hear it, but absolutely can't see it no matter how hard I try to bring the screen back up. Tried every trick I know and even did a systems re-boot to no avail. I've never had this happen on any game before (and I have *a lot* of BF games!) and at this point have no idea what to do. I might try uninstalling it and re-installing it to see if that helps. I was just about to buy this game when this happened. I'll let tech support know but if it can't be fixed then I'll have to pass. I think it may have something to do with when exiting the game it automagically takes you to the BF site, which is annoying and I find not necessary personally. It's not like I don't visit the BF site several times a day already, don't automagically force me to as well. It's just as irritating as any other kind of pop-up. Love ya but c'mon, not necessary.
Anyway, anyone else have their game do a vanishing act?

Qtkitteh
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by Qtkitteh on Jan 30, 11 12:14 PM
Well, my husband is a network admin and he was able to get the game up and running again so I could finish the demo. (He's so awesome ) It only took him a few minutes too. However, I'm not sure at this point if I will buy the game. He could write a script to make it so I could minimize the screen without having the *poof it's gone* problem but he doesn't work for or the game developer. Lol, know what I mean? (He would happily do it, although I feel he shouldn't have to, I'm a paying member.) I will contact tech support and go from there.

Stariannah
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Stariannah on Jan 30, 11 7:34 PM
Like a couple others here, I too was able to play until the final video sequence whereupon the sound cut out and the it started playing at about 1 frame every 5 seconds. I left it alone, went outside, had a cigarette, read in a book for a few minutes, came back, and it was STILL doing the beginning of the final video scene at the same agonizing 1 frame per 5 seconds. Just out of curiosity, I went to my task manager to see what was hogging all the resources, and oddly enough, most processes were idle, with just a few at 2% or 3%. The weirdest was that the sound process was working at 10% despite there not being any sound. I'm running Vista on a Dell Inspiron something or another laptop. (I've slept since I bought this computer, and honestly, I'm too lazy to go check.) I ended up having to do what I've always had to do with Vista -- press and hold the power button until it shuts down. Ah well. I hope they'll get that final scene fixed. I'd like to see the ending, even though we all know the good prof. and co. save his wife's spirit. The developers would have a riot on their hands if it ended any other way.

Go to: