marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 6:45 AM
I also bought this game when first came out, I played the first G.H.O.S.T. and I like it, so I got this one also, but it is a short game to play, the graphics are interestingly good for this game, the story line is ok but it can get confusing at times.

Still for a HOG of this type is ok.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire

[Post New]by sunshinej on Apr 3, 12 3:58 AM
I just finished the game and liked it very much. I've been to a real medieval faire and this game reminded me of it. This game may not be for everybody, but it is different and cute.

Sunshinej

GamerCouple
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by GamerCouple on Dec 26, 12 8:22 PM
FWIW, I tried this game on demo a while back and couldn't get past the first few minutes. I didn't like the HOG style it was using and the movement system gave me a lot of trouble. I got as far as the tree trunk thing at the beginning and gave up. But I used to work at a renfaire when I was a teenager and loved the idea at least, so I gave it another whirl when it came around on Unlimited--and I liked it a lot better this time around! I just wasn't getting what the developers were trying to do.

The graphics really are one of the game's biggest strengths. I LOVE this kind of photo-realistic game (in the same way that National Geographic's "Herod's Tomb" game does it). I got so nostalgic when I got to the clothier's shop! OH I miss the faire scene! I reckon it took me about four or five hours to finish the first time, with the aid of a walkthrough, and I'm on my second go-round and doing it "solo" so to speak and enjoying it even more. The ending was just wild--loved it. I noticed someone else who worked the faire circuit didn't like the political/gossipy side of the game; I can see that, but wish to offer my own point of view as another former faire worker that yes, every faire I ever saw was political/gossipy, but that didn't bother me at all in this game. I thought it was neat that the devs managed to capture that feeling in the game.

Little game details I appreciated abounded, such as this one: if you don't find all the fairies the first time you finish a screen, you can go back to that location as long as you're still in the same general area--don't use the big green arrows to move around until you've gotten all the fairies. I don't know if that's a bug or a feature, but it was still nice. PS: The last animation was SO FUN, loved it! The dress looked like an old-school Sims 1 dress. It made me laugh.

If the game devs see this, thank you for making a fun little game. Please do a sequel in another faire?

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Dec 28, 12 5:49 PM
I downloaded this when I saw it yesterday and played the demo only to realize I had tried it before and chose not to buy it. That's been one of the negatives about switching from PC to Mac - I keep downloading BF games I already demo'd and disliked. Sorry, but they all look the same after a while!

Anyway, my biggest problem with this game was that I simply didn't understand the directions - nothing was very obvious, and the hints simply said "use something in your inventory" when I had nothing in my inventory. Some of the hidden objects are very, very tiny, and I kept not being able to return to when I started out. I've been spoiled by navigational arrows and the "back" button continually threw me off. While the graphics were great, very detailed and charming, the puzzles and action was old-fashioned and a bit clunky.

Not a buy for me.

Go to: