Salmon
2,658 Posts

Re:Useless Walkthrough on this one?

[Post New]by MargieB on Jan 29, 11 3:25 PM
oliversgranny wrote:Problem solved
I started again and reloaded
It then allowed me to access beyond the first page of each section in the Guide
Prior to that there was no forward access in the Guide
Managed to finish game with **** hints on any HOGS and only one look at the Guide
made me keep going thats for sure!lol
great game really enjoyed it
just hard enough to keep me intrigued but not too hard to get cross
just my cup of tea.

Wendy..

Congrats on finishing the game!

MargieB

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jan 29, 11 3:29 PM

Hello Fishies,

I downloaded the game and looked at the guide. Did not see anything missing from it.

Can someone tell me what they see on page 16 of the guide? It should be the same as the last part of my first post in this thread.

Thanks,

MargieB

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Jan 29, 11 4:09 PM
i have a couple of problems with sg. it never said where to find empty bottle for the tap to fill. i don't have a red wine bottle for the explosive for the cave. i have been back and forth in sg but still can't find them. i'm frustrated with game. this the 3rd CE i've had problems with. DRAWN PAINTED TOWER and 13TH SKULLS. i had to get refunds for both of those games and finally bought SE which i had no problemswith at all.

[Post New]by evil_sue on Jan 30, 11 6:54 AM
i cant find the ladder, to go upstairs in the tailors house. i have a door gnobb, a hoock, a pocket watch , a metal wheel, and some metal parts in my inventory.
i also dont know how to enter in the la fer estate and the scientist house, i cant find the red wheel for the boat and how to enter the prefects gate? i dotn know what have i done wrong that i got stuck like this pls help me!

[Post New]by bobbiegirl55 on Jan 30, 11 7:21 AM
I had the same frustrating experience that oliversgranny had, thank you for the explanation that not all walk throughs are the same, I had no knowledge of this until now. I still do not find the strategy guide in the game very helpful. I find that these collection games are just too full of unknown information for me. I like a challenge but sometimes it does feel like the designer of these games is just trying to frustrate the player and does not care if they have a good experience. I will do my best to finish the game but if I don't this will be the LAST time I invest this kind of money on something I can't enjoy.

These games are made by the designers rules and they are not all very much fun for someone that just wants to have a some relaxing brain teaser. I wonder if it would help if you started letting people know just what level of player the game is intended for.

Thank you for your clarification on the strategy games.

5dogKnight
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by 5dogKnight on Jan 30, 11 7:42 AM
Hey ! The writer wrote you and he's right about the guide. Look, if you still have trouble.... Go to the scence in the lab. Click on wher the lab equipment is. You will see a vat marked ACID ! Drop the necklace in there and the metal will disolve leaving the diamond behind ! use the tweezers to extract the diamond..,. NOW.. Make your glass cutter !

jorjan23
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by jorjan23 on Jan 30, 11 8:11 AM
I have found the SG very helpful if I take my time. The only problem I'm having now is getting the sickle. it says take the pick and hit the right upper wall. Well up pops the shield and no matter how many times I hit nothing happens. Is this a glitch or a lack of comprehension on my part:

[Post New]by galloway123 on Jan 30, 11 9:46 AM
I need help on the lever with the broken sword. I can move the sword up and down but I can't move the lever. It just won't move.

5dogKnight
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by 5dogKnight on Jan 30, 11 10:08 AM
hey don"t click it ! DRAG IT !

[Post New]by lenypenny on Jan 30, 11 1:42 PM
Where do I find the walkthrough? I'm stuck at the very beginning. Can't get past te little girl in the first house I went to after talking to Gerard.

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on Feb 2, 11 9:22 AM
I found the Strategy Guide really helpful. And of course checking out the forums is usually the way to go.

A map would have come in handy though. There was alot of "two-ing and fro-ing" from one place to another then back again. Also some games have had a sign at each location. I was lost many times and not sure what each locaction was ... let alone find it.

Apart from that ... this was a truly fabulous game! Well done ERS!!

Go to: