lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by lentenrose on Jan 29, 11 9:39 AM
Attractive, well planned, games that work. It's a buy for me.

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Jan 29, 11 9:53 AM
Gonna wait, too. I'll make my blueberry muffins. Waiting for a game that isn't glitchy, has errors, white areas or just won't work. What's with some of the latest games? No fun if you can't even do the demos. Does anyone get a chance to test these games? Will try this game, however but not gonna buy for a while.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 29, 11 10:18 AM
mamacarole629 wrote:Hi all, I have been waiting for a good game as well. Need another one for my punch card so I'm off to try it. I am also looking for a really good Match3 game if anyone has any suggestions. I have all the jewel quest and atlantis games. My all time favorite M3 game is El Dorado Quest. Off to play- will finish later.

I am not a M3 fan, but for some reason I adore 'hidden wonders of the depth', got the 3rd one in the sale here, for game of the year. If you haven't tried it - you should love it.

I have filled my punch card up, but so need at least one game this weekend, ah what to do. Think I may cave and go and get this one, due to the excellent reviews it has gotten.

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Jan 29, 11 12:24 PM
Mamacarole, I like good M3 games, too. My absolute favorite is FISHDOM 2. I keep coming back to that one again and again. But I also like DEEP BLUE SEA (the first one) and ANCIENT QUEST OF SAQQARAH (which has tons of variety) and GALAPAGO. Good luck!

snags2
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by snags2 on Jan 29, 11 12:24 PM
Just what I've been waiting for. Thank you BFG. I'm off to buy right now.

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Jan 29, 11 1:04 PM
this games not exactly rocket science and the puzzles are a mixture of the games youve played in most of the other games and despite asking for no tutorial still getting sparkles where items can be found but its entertaining enough and been waiting since it came out in the CE version plus needed to finish filling me game punch card and nothing else to play after finishing treasure seekers quicker than I expected

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Jan 29, 11 1:36 PM
Lovely games with no technical difficulties thus far - finished chapter 3. The music is quiet and calming. There are very few HOGS in this game, and those include find 20 of this or 15 of that. The storyline is very interesting and it makes you want to keep playing to find out what happens next. I bought the game after playing chapter 1, but did not consider the CE, as I'm spending way too much of the hubby's hard earned money on them and find most of the CE extras just not worth the added expense. IDK if this one is one of them or not, but satisfied with the SE I purchased. And, this is not one of those creepy, something always jumping out at you kind of ghost stories. It's more like the movie "Ghost" or something. I think you'll enjoy it.

lagj
Clownfish
Clownfish
588 Posts

[Post New]by lagj on Jan 29, 11 1:44 PM
ing for Feb 1 I specifically waited because the day I bought one of the last CE's the next day they came out with the SE one. Had to sit on my hands to wait and now I have to wait 'till Feb. It's real hard to play games while sitting on your hands!!
whats a gal to do...

Thanks BF for all the games this month. Filled a punch card!

GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on Jan 29, 11 2:57 PM
When I opened my mail today and saw this was the TGT I said "Yes" (fist pump!) It was a down day in Jersey (New, not UK) so I spent the entire day playing this game. Yes, it definitely was puzzle-light, as in easy, and inveterate HOG-lovers would be mad at the dearth of H0 scenes, but the story was engrossing and kept me playing even when my wrist was crying out for a break. Thanks, BFG, for a great afternoon!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jan 29, 11 3:52 PM
goofyduck77 wrote:I wrote a review for the CE when it came out and it was a good game then,and it is a good game now. I was one of those fishies who waited (im)patiently for the SE to come out because I knew I wanted to buy it. So that's what I've been doing for the last couple of hours, playing the game. I did my scroll test and it looks to be about 4 1/2 hours or so.

It is a BoomZap game which are always excellent - and this game is a high quality game which doesn't disappoint when it comes to iHogs. And I've worn out a pair of sneakers already and am on my second pair.

I didn't write a review here Poutoule because I had already done one. Should I copy it here? Let me know if you think I should.
Thank you but I read it on the CE's forum. Thanks.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Jan 29, 11 6:56 PM
I am joining you all on the couch with the wait until Feb to buy - good game and worth the few days of wait - I waited this long for the game to come out as not a CE

And tea please

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Jan 29, 11 7:00 PM
This is a GOOD game. Great story line (took me until the end of chapter 4 to figure "who dunnit"), good puzzles, some hidden objects and alot of "find it and do it". I just finished it and this one I will play again. For fishes who don't want to get a headache playing a game due to the difficulty,, like to solve a mystery, and want to play one that is like a good book....can't stop until you finish it, THIS IS THE GAME! No tech issues for me either.(Not real sappy either...good art, and good vocals).

onlybec
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by onlybec on Jan 29, 11 9:05 PM
Anymore room on that couch for one more? I have some to go with that coffee & tea

[Post New]by californiagypsy on Jan 30, 11 12:41 AM
Just finished this game it was not that long but a nice relaxing game to play not much hog in it but the story line was good good graphics now trying out murder island secret of tantalus happy hunting to all and happy madri gras

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jan 30, 11 2:46 AM
This was a great game! One of the best in awhile. I really enjoyed it. I'm on disability so I can't afford to be in your club, but I sure wish I was right now, so I could buy this game!

mamacarole629
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by mamacarole629 on Jan 30, 11 6:29 AM
Thanks Jellow10 and Gingergal, don't know if you will see this, but thank you for the input. I have a couple of the games but will try the others.

For the other fishies, try this one, it is great.

[Post New]by fairieartist on Jan 30, 11 8:03 AM
Been waiting for this one to come out regular priced....luckily I have one more punch to fill my card. Bought Mishap 2 yesterday....what a hoot! Looking forward to playing this one; especially after reading all the great reviews....thanks fishies! Off to buy. Have a great weekend, you all.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Jan 30, 11 12:49 PM
I can't wait for the next Dana Knightston game. Death at Fairing Point held my interest from the beginning scene. I agree with all the positive comments made and also want to say a big thank you to the developer/designer and BFG for bringing this game to us! Enjoyed every second of the 5 hours, 20 minutes it took me to play the game start to finish.

Faylyn

maxforme
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by maxforme on Jan 31, 11 4:18 AM
What a great game. I am so sick of trying to find 10 birds or whatever other useless, timewasting objects. This game actually has a continuity to it that I haven't seen before. It is actually logical. Love the game. More of the same type please.

kisskeeps
Catfish
Catfish
1,508 Posts

[Post New]by kisskeeps on Jan 31, 11 11:42 AM
Sorry to be so late with the refreshments <sigh> At least we only have to wait one day to February LOL

Go to: