bridlepath
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Post any Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel technical issues here only

[Post New]by bridlepath on Feb 1, 11 9:11 AM
I am also still waiting for a reply from BFG and it's been a couple of days.Can't understand why all the glitches.

Re:Post any Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel technical issues here only

[Post New]by lhbasden on Feb 2, 11 5:55 PM
unicornone wrote:first action was to put passport in safe but can't get either game cursor or system cursor to enter digits... no idea about rest of the game... had to uninstall.

I'm having just this problem.

[Post New]by lhbasden on Feb 2, 11 5:56 PM
thebud1 wrote:my cursor would not line up with any of the items I was supposed to be doing. I uninstalled it, until the bugs could be worked out

I'm having this problem too.

bridlepath
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by bridlepath on Feb 3, 11 9:11 AM
Have contacted BFG once again and still no answers and my credit has not been restored either. I am disappointed. I would prefer to be able to play the game than have my game credit restored.

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Feb 3, 11 11:52 AM
Impossible for me to rotate mirror pieces in bedroom scene

[Post New]by led346 on Feb 4, 11 11:41 AM
This is about the 10th game I've downloaded and the cursor is not working. What is the problem with these games.

[Post New]by mystifymh on Feb 4, 11 8:07 PM
This is the second game I have bought where I can't see the bottom of the game. Therefore, I can't even read any of the messages or find the exit button. Also, I am in the pub trying to click on the belt. I have clicked on everything else successfully behind the bar. The hint button even says click on the belt. It won't let me click on it. The cursor goes around in circles saying I am clicking to many times in the wrong area. I want my money back!

[Post New]by mystifymh on Feb 4, 11 8:10 PM
lhbasden wrote:
thebud1 wrote:my cursor would not line up with any of the items I was supposed to be doing. I uninstalled it, until the bugs could be worked out

I'm having this problem too.

I found that when you use the cursor you can't use the point on the arrow to click on an object. It is the little blue circle in the cursor that has to be on the object in this game.

Edited on 02/04/2011 at 8:11:04 PM PST

[Post New]by lhbasden on Feb 5, 11 6:14 PM
bridlepath wrote:I am also still waiting for a reply from BFG and it's been a couple of days.Can't understand why all the glitches.

I received a response to my request for replacement game code today so I can buy something else with the credit,

[Post New]by wenchy12 on Feb 6, 11 8:34 AM
Each time I get out of the game and try to go back to it to continue playing, it tells me that a game is running and won't open it, even after restarting. If I wait a few days it seems to open again after many tries. Anyone else with this problem? Still haven't been able to finish the game.

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on Feb 6, 11 11:13 AM
Hi. I would like to know if there are words spoken or if it is just written. they say that the language is in english but there is no sounds, only written messages. thank you

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Feb 7, 11 1:21 AM
Hi carnick!

Yes, the game does have audio narration, but only for the cutscenes (the animated slideshows between each chapter). The dialogue between characters and other written notes and instructions are text only.

Hope this answers your question!

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Feb 7, 11 4:14 PM
This is probably the wrong place to ask this question, but here it goes. My XP Pro computer died and in reading many of the comments on tech issue, most of them seem to concern Windows 7 OS. If a game is listed with an OS of XP or Vista like 'Death at Fairing Point', does that mean it will not work with Windows 7? I buy a lot of BF games so this is a big consideration. Thank you for any input on this!

Edited on 02/07/2011 at 4:15:39 PM PST

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Feb 7, 11 5:01 PM
Hi cagamenut!

The game's information page lists the minimum system requirements that you need to run the game, so if you have anything higher than that, it should generally be fine.

This game was tested on Windows 7, and so were all other games that are sold on BFG. If a particular game is incompatible with a certain OS, there will be a warning on the game's info page to let people know.

And if you're having problems running games on your new computer, there's always BFG customer support to help you out -- click on the green envelope on the right side of this page to contact them.

Good luck!

[Post New]by taswin on Feb 9, 11 10:16 PM
Dear BigFish

Good Day.

I am here to share about a problem in which i faced while playing "DEATH AT FAIRING POINT" game.

Really a fantastic HOG game ever i played.

The problem is stated below:

In "Chapter 6 FRANCE" of this game, when i returned back all the SALT SHAKERS, it prompted me to solve the salt shakers puzzle.

As i clicked outside the puzzle screen by accidentally, the puzzle disappeared. When i tried back to solve the puzzle, the MAGNIFYING GLASS option is not showing on the spot where i left the puzzle.

Even HINT help also prompted the message of "Solve the SALT SHAKER puzzle".

So, i cant proceed further and because of this problem, i created one new profile, and started the game from initial onwards.

So, kindly have a look at this TECHNICAL ERROR..

MY HEARTY THANKS to the game creators...

Regards
taswin

bridlepath
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by bridlepath on Feb 11, 11 8:50 AM
Still don't know why I can't play this game even though I have not had a problem with any other game on my computer, but BFG did restore my game credit and that is appreciated...thanks BFG.

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Feb 14, 11 3:27 AM
Hi taswin!

The salt shaker bug was addressed in the new version of the game, which was posted a few weeks ago. If you're experiencing this bug, make sure you're playing the new updated version. Uninstall the one on your computer, then download it again and reinstall the update. Good luck!

almich43
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by almich43 on Feb 15, 11 11:19 PM
I am too having problems entering the numbers on the safe, I keep clicking on the correct numbers but nothing is happening. Also, clicking on other objects is also very slow. Will not be purchasing this game.

[Post New]by taswin on Feb 17, 11 8:06 PM
Hi BFG,

Thank you for considering the error..

I will play the updated version.

Have a nice day...

[Post New]by janjanb on Feb 18, 11 7:30 AM
The seed mini game: Seeds will not empty to bins. Only the 7th package emptied.

Go to: