Re:Welcome to Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus forum

[Post New]by garynsharon on Jan 31, 11 7:20 PM
I am having the same problem... I need to build the ladder, but can not find the nails (I have everything else to build the ladder). I have been back through the entire puzzle looking for clues, but there is nothing. Anyone have a solution?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 31, 11 7:23 PM
The nails should be found in a HOG near the gate to the entrance of the rooms/pool/ziggurat section. The sparklies should be in the lower right of your screen.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 31, 11 7:29 PM
LadyN wrote:I'm stuck on the sat dial. it hit them all.. I looked on the calendar but that didnt help. havent needed a walk through til now

Hi LadyN! Here are SPOILERS for the settings for the dials for the sat phone/radio. Please highlight with your cursor to read:

On the calendar -> 406 MHZ
On the yellow post it note on bulletin board -> T-3
On the book on yacht -> Amsat Oscar 40

Enter the numbers in that order, then click on the microphone.

Hope this helps!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 31, 11 7:32 PM
petuniazee wrote:I am at the beginning of the game. I cannot find the cask or the "marble chest". The clue points to the object but when I go there I get nothing.

Hi petuniazee! The "marble chest" is the male statue on the right. The cask is actually a stack of casks (barrels).

[Post New]by garynsharon on Feb 1, 11 3:11 AM
Re: the nails - there must be a software issue... I completed the HOG, but did not get nails.

[Post New]by BrandNewDay on Feb 1, 11 5:42 AM
Embarrassingly, I am stuck at the beginning-I can only find 11 of 12 bells -got the one from the cat. And nothing else to do. Any suggestions?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 1, 11 7:31 AM
garynsharon wrote:Re: the nails - there must be a software issue... I completed the HOG, but did not get nails.

Hey garynsharon! It should be the second HOG there, I think in the first HOG the nails are on your list, but you don't keep them.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 1, 11 7:35 AM
BrandNewDay wrote:Embarrassingly, I am stuck at the beginning-I can only find 11 of 12 bells -got the one from the cat. And nothing else to do. Any suggestions?

Hi BrandNewDay! Here are the locations of all the bells (highlight with your cursor to read) SPOILERS:

2 bells on dock where you arrive
1 on cat to right of dock
4 in Tantalus courtyard
1 @ gate with dead Miles
2 in courtyard outside your room
1 in room on dresser
1 in room in HOG in suitcase

Hope this helps! Good luck!

[Post New]by artsydiva on Feb 1, 11 9:23 AM
Hi all,

Love this game, but I'm having difficulty finding all three rings. I found the one in the closet and then there was one in the scene where the puzzle is. Any clues?

Thanks!

[Post New]by boddingtonblue on Feb 1, 11 10:06 AM
Done it finished the game

Re:stuck at the villa library

[Post New]by shybear36 on Feb 1, 11 10:06 AM
i am stuck at the villa library i cant seem to find the cardpass to get into the room. I have the postcard but i dont know what to do with it please help

[Post New]by Mambo1954 on Feb 1, 11 10:09 AM
Need some help with the satellite dial. Got the first one (MHz) and the second one but can't get the third - tried everything and it didn't work. Any help with the setting for the right hand dial?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 1, 11 10:15 AM
Mambo1954 wrote:Need some help with the satellite dial. Got the first one (MHz) and the second one but can't get the third - tried everything and it didn't work. Any help with the setting for the right hand dial?

Go back up this page to about the 9th post before yours. WilJul has told you exactly how to solve this puzzle in that post to another person having the same problem as yours.
m

Claypool
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Claypool on Feb 1, 11 12:30 PM
Wiljul, thanks. I figured out how to skip with the button. Got no place to go though. All I have left is the sail on the yacht and can't figure that one out. When I hit the hint button it highlights the chain. Yeah, I know I need to fix it but don't know how.

Guess I will start over with another name.

LadyN
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by LadyN on Feb 1, 11 2:01 PM
WilJul wrote:
theshewolf wrote:I have a question of my own for anyone who is almost done with the game.

I have found the sat phone, found the key, found the missing dial, and turned on the power.

When I try to input the settings, I choose the correct MHz and satellite, but every setting I enter for the second dial does nothing.

I was able to ALMOST complete this game without a walkthrough. For those who are waiting for one, it really is not that difficult without one.

This is a wonderful game.

Did you look at the yellow post-it on the bulletin board? It tells you what number to set the center dial to.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 1, 11 2:15 PM
Claypool wrote:Wiljul, thanks. I figured out how to skip with the button. Got no place to go though. All I have left is the sail on the yacht and can't figure that one out. When I hit the hint button it highlights the chain. Yeah, I know I need to fix it but don't know how.

Guess I will start over with another name.
Handcuffs.

[Post New]by larrysweetheart on Feb 1, 11 2:18 PM
is there a walkthrough i need help in the cave

[Post New]by superspurs1595 on Feb 1, 11 2:49 PM
Hey Im having problems getting the nails for the ladder. Have been though the puzzle and have no hidden object scenes to complete and also the map shows no areas with puzzles left. I have been back to the entrance to the room/pool and still have no hidden object scene to do. Really stuck and would love some help.
Thanks in advance

Edited on 02/01/2011 at 2:53:11 PM PST

[Post New]by garynsharon on Feb 1, 11 3:33 PM
WilJul wrote:
garynsharon wrote:Re: the nails - there must be a software issue... I completed the HOG, but did not get nails.

Hey garynsharon! It should be the second HOG there, I think in the first HOG the nails are on your list, but you don't keep them.

Sorry - I should clarify. I completed BOTH HOG...still no nails. In addition, there is not a yellow dot anywhere on the map to indicate that there are things to do in that area. That is why I question there being a software issue. I am using the Mac version of the game. I played the free trial and then purchased the game. Not sure if this is relevant information.

Thank You

[Post New]by annay301 on Feb 1, 11 6:00 PM
my map only has gray dots and white, no yellow. Each area says "nothing to do here go somewhere else" but nowhere to go, no yellow. No nails and need to build ladder. Is game stalled, should I start over?

Go to: