sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus

[Post New]by sinshack on Jan 30, 11 7:05 AM
chrissy0531 wrote:i like the game...just wondering how long it is?

Game length varies by the player - some could take just a few hours while others can spend a few days on a game! Most of us guess by comparing how far we get in the demo with the walkthrough, but there isn't a walkthrough posted for this game yet.

Based on the number of map pieces, though, I've been playing about 2-1/2 hours and haven't gotten a third of the map pieces, so for me this should be a good long game, at least 6 hours, maybe more.

And welcome to the pond!

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jan 30, 11 7:17 AM
I'm sorry, but could they have made this game ANY easier? I mean come on. If I need that many hints then I'm in big trouble. Every time you turn around it's, "Oh, there's a XXXX. I could use that on the >>>. Oh, boy, a ????. That would do this or that. I played about five minutes and then uninstalled.

[Post New]by country_girl864 on Jan 30, 11 7:18 AM
I like this game. I like games where you collect things along the way, like the green tiles. It makes it a bit more interesting, something to sort of pull you along if it starts to drag. I also like the story. Not completely unique but very different from the plots of late. No skeletons or ghosts, well not yet anyway. Well, off to play...

Edited on 01/30/2011 at 7:19:24 AM PST

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jan 30, 11 7:43 AM
Theres lots of good to this game but the **** parts are so small at times, I need to strain just to see them. I really don't know if this game is worth my game credit. I really enjoy the other part of the game but not the HOs

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Jan 30, 11 7:44 AM
cottoncandy2 wrote:I'm sorry, but could they have made this game ANY easier? I mean come on. If I need that many hints then I'm in big trouble. Every time you turn around it's, "Oh, there's a XXXX. I could use that on the >>>. Oh, boy, a ????. That would do this or that. I played about five minutes and then uninstalled.

I agree.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jan 30, 11 7:52 AM
The developers of this game, Big Finish Games, are the same developers of 3 Cards to Midnight and 3 Cards to Dead Time, both available from Big Fish. I thought I would mention this for those of you who might be interested.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jan 30, 11 8:41 AM
Howatch wrote:The developers of this game, Big Finish Games, are the same developers of 3 Cards to Midnight and 3 Cards to Dead Time, both available from Big Fish. I thought I would mention this for those of you who might be interested.

Hi

Interesting. I have both those games & enjoy them very much. Obviously they are a developer to keep tabs on. Thanks.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 30, 11 8:50 AM
Hi Fishies!

Thanks for getting this thread started! I'm going to go ahead and sticky it at the top of the Forum.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you're encountering any technical issues with the game, please be sure to post them in the Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only thread and to also get in touch with Customer Support. This way we can keep this thread reserved just for reviews.

Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jan 30, 11 8:50 AM
Well, I've just finished the game and have enjoyed it. I agree the graphics might have been better and sometimes the hints were a bit intrusive but I tried to ignore them and not read them as much as I could unless I was really stuck.

The story line had a good twist at the end which helped to keep the interest going for me anyway. Perhaps I'm easily pleased but I feel this game (which took me just under 5 hours) was worth it's price. Think it will be replayable in the future once I've forgotten most of the plot etc. Won't take me long with a memory like mine! lol

[Post New]by sandygwtw on Jan 30, 11 8:54 AM
Thanks for informing us ..will def..play the hour before I buy..bought one yesterday and was so disappointed..it was so short..

shebag
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by shebag on Jan 30, 11 8:56 AM
Justme its definately not just you I even went out and bought a brand new lappy thinking mine was up the creek but guess wot games still freeze cannot pick up certain items so you are quite right people who are testing these games either just dont care or are not trying the out correctly

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Jan 30, 11 9:15 AM
When I started playing this game, my first thought was, "Oh, no, not another one of THESE," the easy games with the sparkles, the pop-up hints and all the other handholding I dislike. But the more I played, the more I enjoyed the game. The plot is intriguing and held my interest. There is a self-conscious, subversive sense of humor to the whole thing. And there is enough to do in the game -- hid obj scenes, puzzles, the usual searches plus the tiles and map pieces -- that the game kept my mind busy. I enjoyed it enough that I will purchase it. My advice to others trying the game -- give it enough time; it may surprise you!

Claypool
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Claypool on Jan 30, 11 9:37 AM
I thought it was going to be easy so I bought it. Now I can't find the oars. I am stuck at the tower gate too. I do like it otherwise.

12george
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Jan 30, 11 9:51 AM
Has anyone found the walkthrough yet? I need help....lol

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jan 30, 11 9:58 AM
Hello again.

To those of you who are stuck, I have got quite far with out a walkthrough & I always need a walkthrough with these types of games.

I just kept refering to the map & revisiting all the yellow area's and eventually something will turn up.

I also scanned my mouse over the whole screen & a few times it picked up a random object like a key that I would not necessarily have been looking for.

If you are in a yellow area & still stuck then the hint button can help quite well.

Don't give up, you will get there in the end, If I can, you will !!!!!!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jan 30, 11 10:00 AM
12george wrote:Has anyone found the walkthrough yet? I need help....lol

One hint - use your map!! It is in the lower right corner, and when it is opened, the locations with something to do are YELLOW dots, and grey dots for places with nothing to do. It is a big help for finding things like the oars - click the yellow dot, then click the double-ended arrow next to the "close" button.

For those who are complaining that it is too easy, especially those who gave it a whole 5 minutes, I'm sorry this game doesn't meet your expectations.

Me? I'm having fun.

ETA: Thanks, Jojo! You were posting the same time I was.

Edited on 01/30/2011 at 10:01:27 AM PST

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Jan 30, 11 10:35 AM
your lucky to be playing the game i got as far as needs to download adobe flash player even though ive got it and an hour later it still hasnt finished down;loading ...hope its worth the wait

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Jan 30, 11 10:49 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I don't like it. Items very small. No buy for me.

I agree dobbiemijnboekje!
I much prefer HOG's to INVISIBLE object games. Objects way too small.
The voice-overs were similar to scratching a chalkboard, extremely annoying.
No buy for me.
To those that like the game.....enjoy!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jan 30, 11 11:22 AM
Played 20 minutes. Graphics aren't great, didn't turn the soud on so... But I got really fed up looking for "crescent tool, marble chest, I - XII, etc". Not a game for me, too much talking anyway. Have to admit that it might be because it comes after Shadow Wolf, no possible comparison....

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Jan 30, 11 11:58 AM
Great reviews fishies, I always check them after the demo. I really like this game it's different. The demo left me wanting more. I think the graphics are good, pretty game and the story has me interested enough to want to wander around till the end..lol. Buy!!! - I'll do the star thing when i'm finished lol. Great day!
SnowMeow (Calif.)

Go to: