Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by shamriockpog on Feb 3, 11 11:28 AM
Pepper010 wrote:Twice the game has sent me to locations where I was before: the beach scene with grilled steaks and the cave.

Then it asked me to find a list of items--the items I'd found the last time I was there. So they weren't there.

So I clicked on hint, then on close. For some reason, the combination, both times, got me out of that scene *with* whatever object I was supposed to find and take along.

Really weird. They need to fix this.

I am having the same problem on those two scenes. I cannot click on items or help, I leave the scenes and have items I would have gotten had I completed the scene.

Edited on 02/03/2011 at 11:31:18 AM PST

[Post New]by konstantina1890 on Feb 3, 11 2:23 PM
i need your help!!!!i cant find way to open the gate of plaza,what can i do????

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 3, 11 2:49 PM
konstantina1890 wrote:i need your help!!!!i cant find way to open the gate of plaza,what can i do????

Which gate do you mean? What is the puzzle there? If it is at the beginning of the game with the dead man lying behind it, you are given a clue. You need to be able to see the numbers backwards. An H0 scene in the area will give you the tool that you need.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 3, 11 3:11 PM
I think the plaza gate is the one that opens with the statues of the Greek Gods. You need to find all of the Gods' tools or accessories. The Gods are to the left of the gate.

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Feb 3, 11 10:16 PM
I'm having a problem at the gates after I built the ladder. Got both keys and turned them just so and the screen freezes. Can still move the cursor around but it just sits there...the gates don't open. Am I not doing something right? I shut off the computer the first time and the 2nd time I did the ctrl alt del key to get to the task manager to get out.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 3, 11 10:52 PM
carolemoore1961 wrote:I'm having a problem at the gates after I built the ladder. Got both keys and turned them just so and the screen freezes. Can still move the cursor around but it just sits there...the gates don't open. Am I not doing something right? I shut off the computer the first time and the 2nd time I did the ctrl alt del key to get to the task manager to get out.
When you say you "turned the keys just so", does that mean you turned them so all six little pictures were upright? Is it possible one of the pictures weren't in the upright position? And you can't exit out of the scene, you had to ctrl alt del to get out? I'm sorry, carolemoore1961, I've not heard of this issue, so I"m not sure what to suggest, except to try starting the game over under a new name and see if that sort of resets the game. That is, if you're positive you've solved the puzzle correctly. You also might want to drop customer service a line to alert them to this issue.

[Post New]by mollyrocket on Feb 4, 11 9:07 AM
I have tried to open the crate with my crowbar to get the owl about a thousand times but it just will not open. Help!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 4, 11 10:27 AM
mollyrocket wrote:I have tried to open the crate with my crowbar to get the owl about a thousand times but it just will not open. Help!

Are you sure you are using it on the right crate? When you click on the crate do you get a message about opening it? Is it the crate where you got the trident -- standing on the dock, it is to the right? I just clicked on the crate and got the message to use something there or something like that -- then I picked up the crowbar and clicked it in that spot. Hope looking around a little helps you---
m

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Feb 4, 11 6:49 PM
To WilJul. Yes I turned the keys in the proper positions and the symbols are all upright. The first time thru I hit the skip button and it froze. After getting back in I did figure out the puzzle and it froze. Posted my problem last night. Got back into the game tonight and before getting on the forum decided to try a new profile. Did that and played up to the gate once again and figured out the puzzle and it froze AGAIN! I did notice that before solving the puzzle all the buttons at the bottom, think there are 4 - 2 to the left and 2 on the right bottom - were blue and when I solved they went white. Tonight I watched it for 2 minutes thinking maybe it was just taking awhile to proceed...I went and watched some tube and came back in here 2 hours later and there it sits. Had a problem with Mishap #2. Played the demo and then bought. As soon as I bought I had a problem where it would take me out of the game. Went through all the downloads they told me to do and ended up getting a coupon. This game was on my game manager with expired demo time and decided to use the coupon on this game. I had gotten to where all I needed was the hammer...got that and built the ladder and got to the keys puzzle and it freezes. Kinda of a winky-dink that they both screwed up after I purchased. I'm off to customer service.

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Feb 4, 11 7:33 PM
Now I've deleted the game and re-installed. Going back in it brings me to the gates and both keys are gone and it tells me there's nothing for me to see there. Went to the map and the only thing is a red button at the gates. No yellow pins shown.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 4, 11 8:11 PM
carolemoore1961 wrote:Now I've deleted the game and re-installed. Going back in it brings me to the gates and both keys are gone and it tells me there's nothing for me to see there. Went to the map and the only thing is a red button at the gates. No yellow pins shown.

Pshew carolemoore1961, this is beyond me. I am so sorry you keep having trouble with the games. I hope customer service is able to help you fix this. If you don't mind, will you let me know if you get it figured out?

ETA: In re-reading your post, it sounds like you picked your game up (after your reinstall) using the same player name. You might now try restarting the game under a new player name (I know - again) but this time in the reinstalled game.

Also, have you tried going to the Help section to read BFG's suggestions for games that freeze? The help button is at the very top of the screen on the far right with a "?" in a blue circle - then go to Technical Issues, then choose "Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen". Here's the URL for that section if you want to copy and paste it into your browser, as a shortcut:
http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/158

Edited on 02/04/2011 at 9:40:24 PM PST

[Post New]by Lauradelenn on Feb 5, 11 4:14 PM
This is for any that may have had trouble finding the nails to build the ladder (HOG didn't appear by the gate after accessing the Plaza) - I read on another thread that others had this issue as well, so I wished to post what worked for me. After some time and trying everything I could think of to get the HOG to appear, I had to create another player and start the game from scratch;hated to do it, but it seemed to go fairly quickly as I knew what to do the second go-round.

I just finished the game, and had no further glitches after that. Hope this helps!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 5, 11 4:18 PM
Lauradelenn wrote:This is for any that may have had trouble finding the nails to build the ladder (HOG didn't appear by the gate after accessing the Plaza) - I read on another thread that others had this issue as well, so I wished to post what worked for me. After some time and trying everything I could think of to get the HOG to appear, I had to create another player and start the game from scratch;hated to do it, but it seemed to go fairly quickly as I knew what to do the second go-round.

I just finished the game, and had no further glitches after that. Hope this helps!

Thanks Lauradelenn! This will indeed help other fishies with this problem!

joyamlf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by joyamlf on Feb 5, 11 7:16 PM
I'm trying to download the trial, and everytime it gets to 100%, it starts the download from the begining...it's done this 3 times now? Anyone know what's causing it?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 5, 11 9:07 PM
joyamlf wrote:I'm trying to download the trial, and everytime it gets to 100%, it starts the download from the begining...it's done this 3 times now? Anyone know what's causing it?

Hi Joyamlf,
This appears to be a problem that "forum helpers" cannot help with. You need to contact Customer Service using the on the right. While waiting you may want to Click on the blue help button in the far top right to see if any topics may help you with your problem.
Hope this gets worked out for you.
m

tomtroxel
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by tomtroxel on Feb 7, 11 1:25 PM
Same Prolem as Carol1961...GAme freezes at towwer gate after puzzleis solved. Ie, door lock is "heads up". Tried it twice no relief. Reinstalled and game does not allow me to proceed. So she is not the only one with a problem. Too bad! Off to Customer service now.

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Feb 7, 11 5:53 PM
tomtroxel wrote:Same Prolem as Carol1961...GAme freezes at towwer gate after puzzleis solved. Ie, door lock is "heads up". Tried it twice no relief. Reinstalled and game does not allow me to proceed. So she is not the only one with a problem. Too bad! Off to Customer service now.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one....let me know if you get it resolved and I'll do the same....

BlackestRose
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by BlackestRose on Feb 8, 11 7:33 AM
I can't even get into the game it says I have to run at least flash 8 but I am running chrome which runs the latest flash version there is and even if I try and download flash again it says that Chrome already has installed the latest version of flash.

So anyone care to tell me how I can get past this please?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 8, 11 9:42 AM
Hey BlackestRose,

I would suggest maybe trying to re-download the game with another browser. Here is a help article that can help you with this:

Supported Web Browsers

For more help, please get in touch with Tech Support. To do this, you can click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST. Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by grandma007 on Feb 8, 11 5:21 PM
Go into room with books and my name badge disappears from my list of items and I can not get into the next room.Any ideas

Go to: