LinW
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by LinW on Feb 3, 11 2:19 PM
I enjoy the game. I purchased it, because I like the graphics, I like the premise, and the music is not overpowering. I find it charming. I especially like the fact that, once the first "jewel" has been "charged" you have other levels to play as either "Banker" or "Defender."

No, it's not up to the caliber of "Royal Envoy" -- but very few, if any, games are. This is a close second, IMHO. And that includes my frustration on level 13 because of the amazing disappearing smiles ::grin::

Thank you, BFG! It's a welcome change from Hidden Object games! As I said, I'm enjoying it immensely!

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Feb 3, 11 2:47 PM
Sassielas wrote:Loved the game right up to level 13!! i can't get past it...I either have money and not enough happy faces or I have happy faces and not earning enough coins. Any clues?

Possible spoiler alert.
If it says you need more cash, respect points? Build more shops they earn more. If it says you need smiles build attractions. I just finished the game. I don't know how anyone can earn gold in the last levels on any of them. I wasn't able to even earn silver on the last 10 levels other than one of them. There are 50 levels on the game. Took me 2 days to make it through them all. Although by the end of the game you've unlocked everything there wasn't much call for some of the last things you unlocked. I think they could have made them more useful. The only time I used any of the earlier things on the last levels was on the level that begins with 0 magic and 0 magicians and that was only to earn enough coins to to build what I needed. I never saw any reason to sell anything to try and begin with extra magic you couldn't earn enough off what you made to get enough magic to do anything with. Over all still a very enjoyable game and I'll play it through again to try and earn a better score.

[Post New]by crashandboom on Feb 3, 11 6:25 PM
Having played through the 1hour trial, this is a no buy for me, via cash or credits. The graphics are lovely and I enjoy killing monsters with only one click, but I didn't enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out how to reach goals, though I am glad others are having fun with it. I get the principle of budgeting magic and coins and hearts, but it felt like endless building and upgrading with little strategy aside from being able to do addition. Of course, the endless repairs frustrated me and I probably didn't delve deeply enough into hiring more magicians, my bad? I'm not sure what elements I would add to make it more enjoyable, maybe I'm just afraid of monsters?

I found myself wishing for more elements a la Roller Coaster Tycoon, I guess more of a SIM/builder game versus beat the clock/reach the level goal. On the other hand, I continue to return to Farmer's Market to try and get expert on all levels not yet achieved, so that might tell you something about my gaming quirks.

Tutorial was just right, music is fine. A nice game but just not my cup of tea. Have fun everyone!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Feb 3, 11 7:06 PM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:This is an average strategy-building game in my opinion. Good as a daily deal someday, but I wouldn`t buy it for full price yet.

i, too, am in the DD boat... cute and very unique in the world of builders, but more meat and less fluff would go a long way to selling me on this one more completely...

good faire

[Post New]by corporatecowgirl on Feb 3, 11 8:03 PM
I thought this game was pretty easy as well...that is until about level 13. This is a cool twist on the regular building game. I always challenge myself to get gold on every level, and a challenge it is LOL. Good one BF.

[Post New]by defloweredrose on Feb 4, 11 7:06 AM
I too am enjoying the game. Finally got gold on level 13. Found the tutorial to be very easy and yes achieving gold was a piece of cake until Ben left. It abruptly got much harder to achieve gold on the levels. This will be one game that will take days for me to achieve gold on all levels that is for sure. In that respect definately worth the credit. I also agree that it does get rather boring having to build multiple numbers of the same shop or attraction. Would be nice to have more variety.

Jadee41
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Jadee41 on Feb 5, 11 3:26 PM
I was also enjoying the game until level 13... Been stuck there for the past two days, just can't seem to get both the required smiles and coins. If I get one I lose the other... Help ! does anyone know how to beat this level ???

[Post New]by dactulwench1 on Feb 5, 11 5:31 PM
Personally, I'm never satisfied with a game unless I get expert on all levels. It is, however, impossible to get expert on all levels of this game...at least so far as I can tell.

I only purchased this game because some of the levels I played in the demo were difficult, but I could still get expert after a few tries on the harder levels. Everything was great up until level 19...have tried several times to get expert and can't. Level 26 is the same way....I've quickly lost interest.

I'm pretty good at these games, but I honestly don't think you can get expert on all levels. Had I known that, I wouldn't have bought it!!

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Feb 8, 11 6:07 PM
This game is impossibly annoying

Only 2 levels to go & then I shall attack it under a different user name. ( to get perfect on all levels)

Absolutely brilliant in the stratagy sense, only my sense can't work out the needed stratagy

One of the best buys I have made in ages & definitely one of the most frustrating .

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Feb 9, 11 2:30 PM
I really loved this game! I have played it all the way through twice now, from start to finish. I think with the added experience of having played it through, I enjoyed it even more the second time although I did skip the cut scenes.
I found the storyline very fun and entertaining. The graphics were adequate for the job. And there is a strategy to completing the game successfully even if it means building multiples of the same structure. I really really enjoyed it and look forward to similar titles from this game programmer. Good job!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Feb 9, 11 10:37 PM
Enjoyed the theme of this game - magical, circus, candy shops, ogres, magicians, etc. It's a building game that is played in a time management format. Has some annoyances such as constantly having to restock the candy shop. I bought this game outright without having demoed it (dumb, I know), and while I don't hate it, I probably would not have purchased it. The graphics are decent and the gameplay not bad, there's just nothing there that really grabs you and compels you to keep playing.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 10, 11 2:55 PM
sonofstar wrote:The workshop is supposed to keep buildings from breaking down and needing repairs, but I can't see that it actually helps except for the absolutely closest buildings.
Which is exactly what Ben showed you--only the orthogonally* closest are protected at the no-star level. And he also told you that you had to upgrade the workshop to get more coverage.
---------------------------
* Orthogonal is the opposite of diagonal. When applicable a really helpful, if obscure, word.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 10, 11 2:58 PM
kitty1 wrote:I also don't like that there is no clear indication at the end of a level whether you got gold, silver, etc.
If you got gold, the jewel is green. If silver, it's blue. Don't know what if you're in bronze--and didn't realize it was possible, but since it's getting harder I'll probably experience that soon!

kitty1 wrote:For those who like the general idea of this game but are on the fence, I would suggest an old game called County Fair--it is one of my all-time favorites & gives you tons of attractions to add to your fair.
It has its own pros & cons, but I too like that one.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 10, 11 3:02 PM
Leanda1 wrote:You stated it was a TM/Strategy game well, strategy maybe but TM NOT. How can it be a TM when no matter how fast you click it will only load so much at a time?
Very easily. You need to jump back and forth among all the jobs, in particular upgrading to the necessary levels before time runs out. If that's not Time Management, I don't know what is.

For that matter, fast clicking is not necessarily fun. Particularly for those of us out of our teens and twenties, managing the available time w/o having to display combat-level reaction times is more attractive.

Edited on 08/15/2012 at 11:11:01 PM PST

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Feb 28, 11 4:36 PM
Hi has anyone gotten expert on all levels? i can't seem to get expert on level 19 and 27 its so frustrating. Help!

[Post New]by bowhuntress69 on May 6, 11 2:23 PM
I love TM and **** games the most. I was excited to see another strategy/TM game rather than the constant mystery and haunted house themed **** games that seem to be all I see lately.

However.... I was very disappointed. I had to make myself try to play the entire trial. The game is similar to the Build-A-Lot games with some other features thrown in. Such as you have to think more strategically to meet your goals. I am all for games that are unique and make you think to win the game. This game just didn't hit the mark for me. I felt like it was very uninteresting and very repetitive. It was not challenging and the graphics were a let down as well.

I may buy as a "deal" game but just not worth it even for the club price.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Jun 24, 11 5:33 AM
For those that complain about games not being worth while, lets put in persepective. Here in Australia to go to the cinema costs about $8 for say 1 1/2 hours entertainment + costs of refreshments and travel to and from.

A bigfish game costs me about $7.00 and this game has taken me about 16 hours so far to get up to level 41.
Lets see $12 bucks for a couple of hours or $7 bucks for 16 + hours MMMmmmm .

I could only get the gold level (green gemstone) in a few of the earlier ones and am struggling to keep the clock on the board fo the later ones.
As you progress the monsters get more difficult , needing 2 or more hits and there are more of them. With all of the movement going on it is easy for one to slip through and do some damage.
I agree that Royal Envoy is the best so far and the one to compare all the others to. I give it a 9 out of 10 (reserving the 10 for RE 2), Abigail would be about a 7.
I can see at this stage that you can also play as a banker or a defender so after I have finished in normal mode will be able to replay and check those out so anticipate having to play it possibly 3 times. So points for replayability at this stage.

Lisa_111
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_111 on Dec 14, 11 3:04 PM
Time Management - Farm- Building - Sim Quest 2011

After reading about the dearth of TM, and other like games - I decided to review all the TM games (that I haven't purchased).

This game was just okay. I didn't find it compellling enough to purchase.

Other games in my quest

County Fair ****
7 Wonders: Magical Mystery tour ****
Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs **

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Dec 27, 11 10:12 PM
Fun and challenging with beautiful graphics

[Post New]by dallybaby on Sep 12, 14 4:51 PM
I Really like the game!! Well I like most games like this. Reading the comments I am also a bit frustrated not being able to get anywhere near expert on the higher levels. I would love to see a strategy guide to help! Other than the challenge being a bit high I am still playing

Go to: