ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Wedding Salon

[Post New]by ember89 on Feb 6, 11 3:40 PM
i felt like i was playing underwater for the first few levels... it just seemed like guests straggled in, the shop owner took her time getting around to them... then there was a surge where suddenly people were showing up on each others' heals, but she was still creeping along... it wasn't until i got the coffee machine and started throwing around espresso that i hit expert consistently... and that was after i boosted her speed...

my tip for the coffee: after you set up a few moves in advance, just keep going at the coffee machine... you don't have to hand out the drinks, just click the cup and it will go to the person who needs it most... then move everyone to their next stations, set up the next round of actions and get back to passing out coffee... i'm thinking most of my guests didn't sleep for a week after they visited the shop, but - hey! - them's da breaks...

the one character i think i could do without - the nephew... he does everything backwards! i don't mind taking the extra time with the grandfolks who are a little lost in all the hoopla, but that kid drives me nuts!

i agree that there aren't a lot of wedding TM games out there and the map on this one is extensive... makes me wonder if there will be an international version someday hmmm, that's an idea!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 7, 11 10:54 AM
What a charming game! I am a big wedding and romantic fan (I love the Wedding Dash series and also Dream Day Wedding!) and this game is really my cup of tea!

Wedding Salon is similar to the Sallys Salon or Wendys Wellness games, but with the lovely Wedding theme.

The developers made also the Wendy Wellness game.

A few information about the "Wedding Salon" game from the developerssite:

- 70 levels and 10 unique salons all over the States
- 7 mini game types to test your reaction and observance
- Demanding clients and challenging situations
- Wedding preparation
- Business and romance in perfect harmony

I will buy this game this week of course and its highly recommend from me to all tm-lovers

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Feb 7, 11 1:04 PM
I am really enjoying this game. If you are a TM game fan give it a try.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Feb 7, 11 1:23 PM
As mostly an iHOG player, and an occasional TM player, I tried this game, and found the graphics to be very charming. The game play itself is fun, but not too difficult. I managed to make expert level on all levels quickly, except for four in the Hollywood section... still trying. Game play runs very smoothly too... almost like silk!

[Post New]by gefiltafish on Feb 7, 11 1:36 PM
One thing puzzled me- If there was a red female symbol but I put a male in the area it made a funny sound before changing, like I shouldn't have moved them there... but that is where the customer needed to be. Don't get what was supposed to be done?

[Post New]by Daniiellle on Feb 7, 11 1:53 PM
I loooved this game! Finally...there is another decent TM game that I really enjoyed! TM games are my favourite, and this is definately no different! I loved most of it (my boyfriend complained constantly about the music box melody), and I would only make a couple of negatives, which isn't bad in my book. I agreed with someone else about the customer walking in and walking out if there was no seating instead of the game timing it better for you to make room for them. But this would probably add to the fun of the game to most people, and I suppose it does really, so not that negative. Also another con is the game seemed to be really short! I know there were 6 or 7 countries to complete but there didn't seem to many levels for each one, I felt myself wanting to play another harder one so it lasted longer, just to get my money's worth. I hope they bring out a Wedding Salon 2, because I would gladly buy it as I have bought this one! Thank you BFG, please keep bringing more TM games ! There always seems to be HOG games which can be a bit similar sometimes, hence why I dont buy them !

If you're a TM fan, you would love this!

[Post New]by Daniiellle on Feb 7, 11 1:56 PM
gefiltafish wrote:One thing puzzled me- If there was a red female symbol but I put a male in the area it made a funny sound before changing, like I shouldn't have moved them there... but that is where the customer needed to be. Don't get what was supposed to be done?

It's because I think you get more tips or points for not interrupting the female/male combos! You're supposed to put males where the male symbols are, and do same for females to get a combo score. I am not sure if you get more money or any bonus for doing this, I would have thought so? Otherwise it would be a waste of time lol .

Edited on 02/07/2011 at 1:56:34 PM PST

fsilver4
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by fsilver4 on Feb 8, 11 4:18 AM
This game is fun in the beginning, but then it becomes down right obnoxious. I can't stand the constant interruption during play with those annoying mini games. And, to have to play them over, and over, and over again is the absolute worst.

Zolea
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Zolea on Feb 8, 11 5:49 PM
I give this game a big HOORAY!!! I wasn't even going to try it, but glad I did! I love the graphics and story line. Very cute and the theme is perfect with Valentine's Day coming. I like finding the hidden hearts and flowers to earn some help along the way. But of course my most favorite is picking the wedding decor!!! How fun to plan a wedding with no budget?!! LOL

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Feb 8, 11 10:10 PM
con All the mini game selections were giving me a headache to much having to look and pick instead of moving.
pro I did like the fact it had a replay level on each game so you could go for the gold.
This game goes into my well maybe. If it was a 2.99 special I would buy it right now. At full price I am not convinced at this time I want it. Off to try another one.l

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Feb 9, 11 6:49 AM
For me, the game is only okay, but I won't be buying.

Pros:
*Buying the hairdresser is very useful
*I like the way once you've bought the upgrade, you keep it for when you move on to your next shop
*The old people don't get inpatient!
*Doesn't get too hard too quickly, but at the same time, I couldn't get expert on every level, so the challenge was still there

Cons:
*The music on the music box is irritating, and you can't just click on it to work. The shop owner has to go to it.
*The mini-games are SO frustrating, and interrupt the game play awfully! You can be in the middle of dragging a character and it interrupts that, and things still go on in the background whilst you are playing the mini-game.
*I would love to buy more chairs (although I don't know if you can do that later on). *It's not my fault all women (or men) are sat down wanting the same thing! I can only do one person at once, then someone comes in and can't sit down!
*The nephew is irritating
*The pastel colour graphics are a bit naff
*Shop keeper moves very slowly
*Customers spend FAR too long trying on the clothes, and the upgrade was expensive and seemed pointless as it didn't seem to speed them up.

If it weren't for the AWFUL mini-games, I would probably have bought it, as I generally like the game otherwise. Pity really, as all it would take would be a few tweeks.

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Feb 18, 11 9:27 PM
OK, so this game isn't going to win any prizes - its not the best time management or shopping game I've ever played, but its probably in my top 20. It was playable, gorgeous looking, nice additions to choose for the wedding room, no errors, and very girly. It reminded me a bit of that Spa game a while back- but this was much more refined looking.

The teenage girl in my house loved it and is still trying to get all the golds so she can complete the wedding room. It's laid back, and not really a game you can play for more than three or so rounds without getting a little bored, but that's kind of good too. You can keep coming back to it, rather than have it all over after 48 hours straight playing.

There are far worse ones out there!

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Feb 18, 11 9:30 PM
Oh, and I didn't use the coffee at all, and I still got all get the golds! (I kept spending the money on the pretty stuff instead)

Surly1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Surly1 on Feb 19, 11 2:54 AM
I bought it, and of course, I am not at all good at it I generally like TM games, but the one horrible thing with this one is the constant interruption making choices for these people in mini games. What!! - they cannot tell one earring from another??? Are they blind? Can they match their own socks? Do these cufflinks make my rump look BIG?...I don't get it. It seriously disturbs the gameplay and makes this old lady surlier than she already is LOL I don't mind a few added tasks, but this one takes it to the limit. And it just seems that total of 2 stations for each activity is not enough for all the characters that whip through the store in later levels. And I'm not quite sure what taking photos of things is for either. Maybe to let your blood pressure return to semi-normal before taking on the next batch? And those pesky kids are on my list too. I find my blood pressure rising with this one just a tad too much. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now...

All in all, it is just an OK game to me. I always like the ability to "decorate" in these games, and this one has a lovely theme for that, but you have to achieve expert status to get anywhere with that. I'm giving it a weak , and sadly, that it may just be that I am gettin' too old to play these faster paced games anymore

[Post New]by Sevenlillies on Mar 2, 11 12:13 AM
I tried this game for an hour and liked it so I bought it. Now that I've played past the initial hour, I wish I hadn't spent the game credit. After the initial hour I found irritating characters, characters that make strange noises, picky mini-games and tasks that seem to come "unclicked".

The characters! The most irritating character was the bridegroom’s "eccentric" cousin. This character skips all over the place and makes it hard to set up combos. I found myself not waiting on her and watching her face turn red and cry. If this was real life I would "trespass" her from my salon and never wait on her again. I also disliked the grandfather in the sweater. Every time you move him he makes an awful grunting sound, kind of like you kicked him in the stomach. Icky. I wanted to call an ambulance and have him checked out!

Oh those picky mini-games! I hated the "flower" matching mini-game where you match the three missing flowers and the cake matching mini game where you match the cake, icing and topper. These mini-games are too time consuming and picky for me. By the way, I tried playing the mini-games very carelessly one level and still got an expert score anyway.

The next thing I noticed was that tasks I checked off seemed to “uncheck” themselves. Or maybe some tasks need to be checked twice. In Sally’s Salon, you can perform multiple tasks at each station, but It clearly shows you what needs to be done. (e.g. spray tan, perm, cut, et.) This game doesn’t and it got on my nerves.

I finally quit playing and am going to move on.... Just can't take it any longer...

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Mar 21, 11 6:48 AM
I played the trial and I admit I hate some of the sounds the customers make and I don't think I am going to get it because I still haven't finished Wendy's Wellness which was way better than this.

[Post New]by PotionLover on Apr 18, 11 10:54 AM
Overall I like this game a lot -- the graphics are beautiful and the constantly changing settlings are nicely done. It's very pretty and feminine and the level of challenge is enough to be interesting without becoming overly frustrating. I like the different characters and I love decorating the wedding salon. But I agree with other posters that the mini-games are too frequent and too irritating. I am not a huge fan of mini-games in my TM games anyway -- I HATE the ones in the new Cooking Dash, for instance -- and these are really annoying, especially the "photo taking" one. Ugh.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 23, 11 3:46 PM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.75 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Dec 27, 11 3:52 AM
Nice game. Tried the demo and bought it

[Post New]by Zefi_Sethin on Feb 7, 12 3:36 PM
My friend and I were at her new house, with no internet yet, and nothing to do. So we scrolled through my extensive list of games, and Wedding Salon was the only one that still had a full trial time. I hadn't played yet, because it hadn't striked my interest. We spent the hour yelling at the character, laughing over silly matching mistakes in the mini-games, and competing over who could get higher scores on each level. Then there was the decorating your own wedding scene, but you could only buy decorations if you had got enough 'expert' medals on the levels... Its... a lot better than I expected, I bought the game as soon as I had internet connection, and am still playing... I guess it isn't for all types of people, but for a mid-teenage girl... Its awesome.

Go to: