FreeRed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Welcome to Phantasmat forum

[Post New]by FreeRed on Feb 8, 11 7:08 AM
Can anyone tell me how I am supposed to light the candle in the cemetery? I have gone to every area of the game and I can't find anything to light it. I am 40% complete in the game and it would kill me to have to start all over if there is some type of glitch.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 8, 11 8:13 AM
FreeRed wrote:Can anyone tell me how I am supposed to light the candle in the cemetery? I have gone to every area of the game and I can't find anything to light it. I am 40% complete in the game and it would kill me to have to start all over if there is some type of glitch.

You should have matches in your inventory. You got those after taking the wrong road the first time you tried to go to the town ruins and ending up back in your room. An H0 in the bathroom opened and matches were the inventory item obtained. Did you ever get them?
m

circlelt
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by circlelt on Feb 8, 11 8:41 AM
Ah, Phantasmat is such a great game. I nominate it for Game of the Year! I went ahead and got the CE and it was well worth it since the bonus chapter is long enough and interesting enough to warrant the extra bucks.
Dark and eerie, a ghost story that compels and has marvelous game play, this game is a real delight.
You as the protagonist is caught up in the story after a car accident (are you injured or are you also a ghost?) From there you meet the characters in the run down hotel. It is up to you to find out the truth about these characters and set things right.
Graphics are clear and with well drawn scenes. I played it twice; once on expert and once on challenging. For anyone not wanting hints and handholding the challenging option is for you! The background music is very compatible with a creepy atmosphere and adds to the story. The actors are quite good, and the voice overs are what you would expect from the characters.
There are two types of gameplay, the hidden object scene and a match play. That is truly innovative. Anyway, I loved this game.

FreeRed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by FreeRed on Feb 8, 11 11:16 AM
@mcurty,

No, I never got them and now I can't even go into the bathroom. I even tried to go back to the road, but when I woke up in the hotel room the bathroom did not have a search in it.

Edited on 02/08/2011 at 11:53:51 AM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 8, 11 12:19 PM
FreeRed wrote:@mcurty,

No, I never got them and now I can't even go into the bathroom. I even tried to go back to the road, but when I woke up in the hotel room the bathroom did not have a search in it.

Sorry about the lost matches -- looks like you've looked everywhere for them.
Did you play the demo, get the matches, then the demo ran out or you stopped the game and bought it? Did you have the matches before you activated the purchased game? Sometimes the BigFish activation process can cause inventory items to disappear. Did you read "Are you missing inventory items....."? The explanation is there.

If this applies to you, start the game over with a new profile so you can play the whole game in the purchased/activated mode and you should be able to complete it properly.

Have fun with the game..........
m

[Post New]by pepitogo26 on Feb 9, 11 2:22 PM
I just checked the walkthrough for Phantasmat but it doesn't include "tips" for the game at the beginning like most walkthroughs do. Just want to know if there is a "skip" button somewhere on the screen for the mini-puzzles during the game. Answer please anyone? Thanks!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 9, 11 2:44 PM
Use the hint button.

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Feb 10, 11 9:32 AM
bellissimo gioco,avvincente e molto intrigante....grandeeee....!!!!

FreeRed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by FreeRed on Feb 11, 11 6:06 PM
Thanks, mcurty. I did have to start over with a new profile, but at least the second time around I got everything I needed to finish the game! It was a good one--so good, in fact, that I kept stopping just so it wouldn't be over too quickly.

eponym
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by eponym on Feb 13, 11 12:06 PM
I am enjoying the game but I have a question about the option for "Film Grain" It does not seem to alter the visuals. What is it supposed to do?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 13, 11 12:38 PM
Hi eponym,
Not sure what it is actually "supposed" to do -- film grain. I just noticed that it made the visuals a little grainier. Sometimes using it helped me to find objects easier. But I don't know if it has a real purpose.

@FreeRed
Glad to see that you are able to enjoy this game. It is a lot of fun to play more than once. By choosing a different mode of play you can have fun playing it again to try to earn all of those trophies. It is one of very few games that I have played more than once and still enjoy it every time I play.

Edited on 02/13/2011 at 12:41:10 PM PST

Welcome to Phantasmat can't get back up in the eleavader help

[Post New]by grandmasue30 on Feb 13, 11 6:39 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Phantasmat forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Phantasmat players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

[Post New]by gester01 on Feb 14, 11 10:44 PM
I wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem with Phantasmat? My 1st time through, in relaxed mode, got me to a bride's body near the end and I got an access violation. I could restart the game and it came back where I had the problem & I finished the game. 2nd time through in the next step up (challenge mode?), The game froze in the same spot and I had to restart my system, but I was able to finish. Both times it appeared that I might have gotten out of sequence in the church steeple. I am into the game in the "gamer mode" and thought I'd ask before I get too far along.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 14, 11 10:53 PM
Hi gester,
That's quite an interesting problem. Amazed that you could restart and continue on with the game and that it happened the same twice. I almost wonder if it isn't a memory problem of some kind -- like your computer is running out of available memory at that point in the game. I'm not a real techy, so real explanations are "over my head".

A suggestion is to maybe stop and save you game sometime before you reach that point. Restart you computer to clear out the memory, then maybe it will continue past without a "glitch". This may or may not work, but just the only think I can think of that might help.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Welcome to Phantasmat can't get back up in the eleavader help

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 14, 11 10:54 PM
grandmasue30 wrote:
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Phantasmat forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Phantasmat players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Grandmasue,
Are you having trouble with the elevator? To get up from the pier, push the up button. Then put your cursor at the bottom of the screen to get out of the elevator and into the basement.

joghd
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Hi

[Post New]by joghd on Feb 15, 11 2:20 PM
in sunken st. I'm blocked, somebody knows where is the last part of the picture?! thank you.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 15, 11 2:25 PM
Hi joghd,
The picture pieces are scattered in the street, the house, the secret room, by the church. There are 4 or 5 in each location. I cannot tell you where the last one is because I do not know which ones you have picked up.

There is a walkthrough in the first few discussions (in yellow) at the top of the forum page for this game. Click on that discussion, follow instructions on the next page -- usually it is a click on the blue HERE.

Look at the walk through - it tells where all of the pieces are located.

[Post New]by gdistef55 on Feb 16, 11 2:48 PM
I seem to be stuck in the sewer! The small screen on the second keypad does not lite up. So I have no idea what the right numbers should be. I tried exiting the game and restarting it, but that did not help, Any sugestions? Thanks.

[Post New]by golferdg on Feb 16, 11 6:41 PM
I cannot get to the cliff. The elevator goes up, but won't let me out.

[Post New]by golferdg on Feb 16, 11 6:50 PM
I figured it out thanks to the above!

Go to: