MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,109 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Phantasmat

[Post New]by MURPHY on Feb 5, 11 9:08 PM
This rates a 10 out of 10.......one of the very best games we've had in a long time. The developers were so original with everything from the hidden objects to find, to the match 3, (very clever), the story was great and the graphics were top notch! This could easily win "Game of the Year"!!!

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

Excellent!!!

[Post New]by pgillenw on Feb 5, 11 10:21 PM
I had been moping for days for another HOG to enjoy. Today the wait was over I had an e-mail from BF that pointed me to Phantasmat. I downloaded and I was hooked from the beginning.

The game is well done. I did not play the "match" I will come back another day and play. The puzzles to solve are very doable. The game can be completed with enjoyment without a walk through or strategy guide. The development team did an outstanding job.

I hope you enjoy this game as much as I did.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,374 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Feb 6, 11 6:12 AM
I was concerned that this game would just be a repeat of others (i.e., car accident, as in Redemption Cemetery) but the CE got so many rave reviews that I decided to demo when the SE came out. I downloaded the demo yesterday afternoon, and bought the game before the demo ended. I played on and off all evening and finished around 11:30 PM, so I had a good 5 hours of game play. I loved the graphics and visual effects in the game, and without spoiling for others, will say that the underwater scenes were from a perspective that I had not played in other games. I had to get used to it, at first felt disoriented and irritated, but once I figured out how to have peripheral vision, I enjoyed the scenes and Hidden Objects in that part of the story. The overall feel of the game is sad and eerie, rather haunting. I kept playing because I wanted to know how the story ended. Very interesting story line, although I still had some unanswered questions at game's end. I did enjoy earning trophies, which can be viewed on your car's dashboard, and when I replay I will try to earn more. Trophies can be earned by players who like HOGs and also by players who prefer Match-3 games. I found that both the HOG and the Match-3 games became more difficult as the story progressed. I had to use the Walkthrough a few times, and even got a little lost (for example, at first I got lost following directions! and later I was puzzled as to where to find the elevator, traipsed up and down for a few minutes until I figured it out). But I rate this overall as a MOST EXCELLENT game.

moetoole
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by moetoole on Feb 6, 11 10:50 AM
LOVED this game! Liked that I did not have to go to a walkthrough to get a hint of what to do next, but could just press "hint". Enjoyed the puzzles. Liked the length of game play. Glad I bought it. Liked reviewers mentioning other games they found similar or enjoyed as much.

[Post New]by toutitouti on Feb 6, 11 2:32 PM
I just finished the game and I loved it. Nice graphics, interesting story, although a bit wordy but that's to help the story along so I really didn't mind. I like that there are three levels of play. I'm planning to try the Extreme version next time. Also looooooooooooooove that you could swith to Match 3 mode in the Hidden Objects scenes. That was the buying argument for me. So refreshing. You don't need to press Hint, you just swith to Match 3 mode. Lovely!

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Feb 6, 11 7:46 PM
mlacerva wrote:How long is this game? The hidden object scenes are very easy, and I feel as if there is no replay value on this game.

To mlacerva - don't despair. There's terrific replay value...because there's more than one ending.

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Feb 7, 11 12:17 AM
Loved it, loved it, loved it! The M3/**** switch is great 'cause I get bored with too much ****. Great graphics and spooky but not too much with a good length of play. I played extreme which was just right for me. AND then timothya says there's more than one ending??

Miridau
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Miridau on Feb 7, 11 3:55 AM
Absolutely loved this game. Played in normal mode but will do it again in hard. Enjoyed being able to switch to Match 3 mode rather than using a hint for the odd object. Might play through using just Match 3 sometime.
Great game and nice and long.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Feb 7, 11 4:02 AM

Downloaded free hour yesterday and really got into this game so used a credit, had sunday lunch walked the dogs but still kept coming back to play this, and finished last night, no idea how long it actually took me but loved it all the way through.

Looking forward to replaying as some have suggested different endings, something to look forward to.

10 out of 10 from me, highly reccommended.

HanneB
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by HanneB on Feb 7, 11 9:54 AM
Thank you for a very good and long game. DL'ed yday and bought after 20 mins. Finished the game today. Liked very much that I could switch between M3 and ****.
9/10.
Hanne

tabra0424
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by tabra0424 on Feb 7, 11 10:22 AM
This is a most wonderful game... I enjoyed it alot. I also like that you can switch from search to the find 3 game mode. I will tell others of this game. if anyone knows of any other games like this one plz do tell...

Audreyrpeters
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Feb 7, 11 11:27 AM
Ok, I really liked this game. Pretty much a straight HOG, with of course the twist of the match 3 to substitute for any number of the find objects. The story kept me engaged, though two of the main characters were kinda hard to look at. (very ugly)

Very good game. Am glad I purchased.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 7, 11 12:07 PM
I have bought - and already finished - the CE from Phantasmat. I never regret my purchase. The gameplaytime was over 7 hours plus appr. 30 minutes for the bonuslevel. Highly recommend from me!

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Feb 7, 11 12:22 PM
Have been anxiously awaiting the SE for this, bought w/out trialing and have to say it's the best to come along in a LOOOng time! The M3 is a great option, I usually do both back & forth, Some of the objects are tiny but so far haven't had to use the hint button. AND I haven't used the walkthru yet either! The voice acting is good ( I LOVE u can speedup if u find it too wordy!) Alternate endings! wow it just gets better and better! Finally a true home run for BF!( and the developers of course!)
More please!

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Feb 7, 11 12:30 PM
This has been a tough wait. When the CE version came out I was tempted to buy then but I did not give in to temptation. This is a great game spooky and the characters are very good. If you like HOGs and like spooky music and atmosphere like I do then you should enjoy this game.

MABJBMB
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by MABJBMB on Feb 7, 11 9:40 PM
Just finished! Super game! Great graphics and story line. Couldn't leave the game, I was so intrigued. Can't wait to see (and buy) a follow up.

Note to MCF: No more video people. Pay attention to the correct amount of hand holding. I didn't even finish 13 Skulls. I miss your unique style (RTR) and challenging mysteries. This game was great but not as great as you can be.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,477 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 7, 11 10:52 PM
timothya wrote:
mlacerva wrote:How long is this game? The hidden object scenes are very easy, and I feel as if there is no replay value on this game.

To mlacerva - don't despair. There's terrific replay value...because there's more than one ending.

Hi timothya! I've played this game a couple of times and had the same ending each time. What was your experience? What were the different endings you had?

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Feb 8, 11 5:55 AM
I loved this game! From the graphics to the gameplay to the M3 switch, not to mention the excellent voice actors, it is most excellent. Usually you get one dud voice (see Hound of the Baskervilles) that will take the edge off the game, but this one is all winners. Took me a long time to play in challenge mode, too. I give it a 10, up there with HotB, RtR, and Madame Fate.

I only had one small nitpick and that was the inability to backtrack to one area late in the game to pick up something (not critical to gameplay) that I missed. (3rd Codeminion icon)

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 8, 11 6:05 AM
The graphics are gorgeous! The gameplay is IHOG, with HOG and M3 as well. There are mini games, which are skippable and a hint which is unlimited and recharges. There are 3 modes to the game: relaxed, challenge and extreme. The storyline is wonderful and brilliant! This is a wonderful game. Thank you to the creators! Since I own the CE, I went through this demo in extreme mode, which has timers for the HOG/M3 boards.

This game is an A++.

[Post New]by puppykins on Feb 8, 11 7:45 AM
I love the game ....but...I got all the piano keys but only 4 registered in my inventory so now what do I do? I can't play the piano without all the piano keys.

Go to: