Re:Post any Phantasmat technical issues here only

[Post New]by NancySusan on Feb 8, 11 1:47 PM
I was happily playing the game, noticing that other than a slight slowness of the cursor when I clicked on "Play," the game was going just fine, when, after deciding to do a Match 3 for a final item in a HOG, the game froze, both with the music and the cursor. Ctrl, Alt. delete wouldn't work at all, and I had to shut down the computer and restart. The game started fine, going back to the same scene with no problems, but then it froze again during the final scene, to the point that when I restarted my computer, I got one of those black screens, which was resolved immediately. After that, again the game played fine to the end with no problem. I have an old Gateway (late 2004), and I know it needs more memory, but I recently updated all the programs BFG recommends, and I don't think it was my computer, because generally when it is, the scenes are slow to come up, too many special effects slow the play, and I had none of that.

[Post New]by BBJUNJUN on Feb 8, 11 10:44 PM
I have the same question: The game seems to be off center for me and I can't access the right hand side of the game. The left side of the screen has kind of a black "bar". My screen resolution is set correctly so I'm not sure what the problem is. Please help!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 8, 11 11:27 PM
BBJUNJUN wrote:I have the same question: The game seems to be off center for me and I can't access the right hand side of the game. The left side of the screen has kind of a black "bar". My screen resolution is set correctly so I'm not sure what the problem is. Please help!

In the options or settings or something like that there is a check box for widescreen or fullscreen -- I've played too many games recently to remember exactly the wording for this one. Try checking or unchecking that box to see if that helps. I know people have got it to play correctly even on widescreens.
m

Prissy2006
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Prissy2006 on Feb 9, 11 2:11 AM
Thank you mcurty.

nocturnadawn
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by nocturnadawn on Feb 9, 11 5:48 AM
Having an issue with a speach scene. The part where you get a note telling you to "meet me on the cliff". I go and the girl talks. She says someone is coming and leaves. Mr. Creepy arrives and just stands there. He won't say a word. If I leave and come back the girl is there again and says the same stuff...leaves and he shows up again and just stands there. I can still move around to other areas, etc..but without triggering the scene I am stuck! Any ideas besides uninstal? That is really going to be annoying.

nocturnadawn
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by nocturnadawn on Feb 9, 11 7:22 AM
Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled and when I get to that same part it messes up again. GRRR

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Feb 9, 11 10:44 AM
Same issues here, got to town needed the "RUST REMOVER" for the telephone but it's disappeared from my inventory !.
Cheched these forums and found other people are having this problem as well as other ones.
Come on BFG your not playing the game here, you must have known about the issues that there was from the CE release yet you still released it to the rest of us on the SE platform.
And still no response from you or a "fix" for the game, shame on you.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 9, 11 3:27 PM
I had to restart the game because my tea cup was missing after activating it. Then I went and misdialed the phone number. Do I really have to restart the whole game because I made a mistake? Why can I not just restart a location like with other games? This should be a technical issue if it isn't already.

PS I do LOVE this game.

[Post New]by rwatson2 on Feb 10, 11 11:08 PM
I am having elevator problems too. There is no "back" option no matter where I place the cursor Can't finish the game.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 10, 11 11:13 PM
Hi rwatson
There is a topic 'Elevator - tips' around here somewhere. We try to keep it on the 1st page, but it may have gotten buried.

Place your cursor at the bottom of the screen. That is how you back out of a room and the door to the basement is behind you. For me it is about center of the bottom. If you are using tool tips, it will show up when your cursor is in the right spot.
m

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 12, 11 4:51 PM
This really shouldn't be posted here in the technical issues forum. If you want to continue your questions, either find a topic that matches your problem, or post a new discussion.

The first time you go to the crossroads to the town ruins, you use those directions from the old lady. Only the first time. After that, turn left at the old shack and the next screen will be the crossroads. Turn right to the town ruins. You have a lot of game left if you haven't been to the town ruins yet.

If you are trying to get to the cemetery, you need to use the elevator to do that.

If I haven't answered your questions clearly, please post a new topic (create discussion) and give me more information.

[Post New]by susanistheway on Feb 13, 11 1:27 PM
Beng an avid BFG player we know some times the games glitch. The elevator is not working right I am not able to travel between realms b/c it will not let me. I started over (after being half way through the game), and played it through a second time only to have not only the same thing happen again,but I'm really stuck now b/c I can't cut the boat free or ride the elevator back up so it's basicly GAME OVER... I'm dying to know what is in that church top??? Are others having trouble with this also??? Is why I'm posting.

Thanks Big Fish,
-Susan

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 13, 11 1:34 PM
susanistheway wrote: Beng an avid BFG player we know some times the games glitch. The elevator is not working right I am not able to travel between realms b/c it will not let me. I started over (after being half way through the game), and played it through a second time only to have not only the same thing happen again,but I'm really stuck now b/c I can't cut the boat free or ride the elevator back up so it's basicly GAME OVER... I'm dying to know what is in that church top??? Are others having trouble with this also??? Is why I'm posting.

Thanks Big Fish,
-Susan

Hi Susan,
Did you read the topic "ELEVATOR -- Tips..." found on the forum page 1? If you are having problems with the Elevator, I suggest that you read it.

My guess is that you do not have a glitch, but have not figured out how to get out of the elevator in the basement. The door to the basement is behind you when you are in the elevator. Put cursor to bottom of screen and leave into basement.
m

dlylight
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dlylight on Feb 21, 11 5:40 PM
PC crashed switching from hidden object mode to match 3. Only twice so far.

dlylight

tunaontoast
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,449 Posts

[Post New]by tunaontoast on Feb 23, 11 9:56 PM
About 1/3rd of the way through I encountered a problem where a window popped up. I don't remember exactly what it said. I tried to continue but could not because my hatchet disappeared from my inventory. I restarted the game with a new profile and it worked fine to the end.

[Post New]by baskettecase on Feb 26, 11 12:08 AM
I went into the hidden room in the basement, found all the hidden objects. The hotel guy shows up and talks, after hes done I try to return to the basement and it won't let me. He just keeps repeating his speechover and over. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong? I exited the game and it returns to the same scene.

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 12:13:07 AM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 26, 11 12:29 AM
baskettecase wrote:I went into the hidden room in the basement, found all the hidden objects. The hotel guy shows up and talks, after hes done I try to return to the basement and it won't let me. He just keeps repeating his speechover and over. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong? I exited the game and it returns to the same scene.
You have to give him something from your inventory -- what do you have that might pertain to him?

[Post New]by hwhcarol on Feb 26, 11 7:41 PM
When I went from the demo to the paid version an item of my inventory went away and now the access to the inventory item is not available. I created another profile and started over and the same thing happened, only early on in the game. I was not able to access the key to the trunk. Very frustrating, because the game seems like lot of fun and I just paid for it!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 26, 11 8:52 PM
hwhcarol wrote:When I went from the demo to the paid version an item of my inventory went away and now the access to the inventory item is not available. I created another profile and started over and the same thing happened, only early on in the game. I was not able to access the key to the trunk. Very frustrating, because the game seems like lot of fun and I just paid for it!

Not unusual to lose an inventory item when activating the game. However, a new profile and starting over has solved that problem for others. Are you saying that after playing the H0 scene at the beginning of your game the keys did not go into your inventory?

lisac1966
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by lisac1966 on Feb 27, 11 8:55 AM
I just tried to download and play the try it version. When I go in to start playing, I can't move the arrow all the way to the bottom of the screen. I am able to go down far enough to click on "quit" from the main menu, but that is it. In the game mode I can't reach the bottom about 3/4" of game space, not to mention the tools and hint section. I have a netbook and have certain games that this machine will not support, but this is the first time I have seen this type of problem. Help! This looks like it will be a really fun game and I would love to be able to buy the regular version at least and hopefully the CE version!! Thanks! LisaC

Go to: