lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:Your Comments And Reviews For Busy Bea's Halftime Hustle

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Feb 7, 11 1:19 PM
This is a cute game. Don't let the simple graphics fool you. There are three levels of difficulty one can play, and playing the hardest level can be difficult to beat, but doable. The mini games are also fun and challenging. I am mostly an iHOG fan, but second to that, a TM player. I experienced no technical problems downloading or playing this game, nor am I a football fan, but this game was fun.

Anyway, it is free to try, so go for it!

princessputter
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by princessputter on Feb 8, 11 7:08 AM
Love this game very enjoyable 5 stars!!!!!!!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 8, 11 9:14 PM
I am not totally happy with this game and only picked it up because I had a free coupon.
The game play is much the same a MM, but improved, I do like it better than MM which game I disliked due to all the dragging motion- just a personal thing for me as I find that difficult to execute quickly.
I played an original beta of the game and enjoyed the gameplay a lot more than this revampled MM version which probably adds to my disappointment.

What I really don't like is the small playing area. If the green football field graphics were not there and we looked at black bars top, bottom and sides, I am sure more folks would also feel the same way, but to me it is the same thing.
It reduces the game quality and gives the feel of playing a free online game.
This is obviously known as a minus as the screenshots of the game are deceptive. The only show the actual playing area. A true screenshot would show how the game plays in a small box. Not impressed with those misleading display tactics.

Edited on 02/08/2011 at 9:21:35 PM PST

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Feb 9, 11 6:18 AM
I have played the full free hour, and am undecided as to purchase it or not. I may wait until I get my free game token.

Pros:
Bea can help out at some of the stations
I like the graphics. Simple but that's all that's needed.
There are various difficulty levels without having to start the game again.
I like the colour-matching aspect.

Cons:
Even on the rookie level, after the hours free play I felt it was getting very hard.
I found it VERY irritating when the character started to groan.
MULTIPLE things breaking down at once, and then breaking again a few seconds later. All this does is irritate me as it stops the flow of the game.
Towards the end of the free hour, I was just tense and irritated.

[Post New]by jens_heart77 on Feb 9, 11 9:56 AM
I have purchased this game after playing the demo, but there is a few things maybe someone can answer for me as I am getting frusterated.
On the first level you play you can get gold coins.. but you cant pick them up?!
2nd off same thing about other levels if the last person leaves the gate and they leave behind a gold coin you can not get it either.
3rd Is there any way possible to upgrade everything on any of the levels??? I have tried with no luck. I played the rookie and on up thinking that I would get more money for each level I passed but 30-40 dollars extra did not cut it. So I am extremely frusterated that I can not upgrade everything. So please if anyone knows a way I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Feb 9, 11 3:19 PM
I purchased this game, and for the most part enjoyed it. However, there are a lot of frustrating aspects to it.
There is never enough money for all the upgrades. And I haven't found a way to collect the gold coin, if the last person leaving generates one.
All the machines breaking down is very frustrating. And the later levels start with many things already broken--so even if you have the balloons to generate extra income, or the organ to try to increase customer patience--you can't use Bea on these things, because everything has to be fixed first.
And the customers seem to lose patience immediately, no matter how fast you are.
I played Rookie, and managed to pass all the levels, except for the last one--which is almost impossible, as everything is broken and there is garbage strewn all around. I wonder if anyone has any tips on how to pass this level, so I can complete the game. I hate purchasing a game and getting stuck and not be able to finish it--and this seems to happen a lot with TM games.

wetrocks
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by wetrocks on Feb 9, 11 3:44 PM
KathyD56

Do you have Multiple Commands turned on in the options? That helps a lot.

For the last level try clicking on every broken stations first, then focus on seating customers. Once she's done repairing send her off on another bunch of tasks including cleaning the spills. Try that and see if it works.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Feb 9, 11 4:14 PM
Spoiler alert!
I love TM games, but seems like developers do not hear the customers. It was pretty aggravating how many times the things broke and had to go back and refix them. The game area was rather small. I really wanted to like this game.

The idea is very cute and graphics are good, but I found myself getting very upset, just when I thought I was making some headway, there was at least a couple things broke and needed to fix.

Waiting big fish for a good game.

KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Feb 9, 11 5:45 PM
Thank you wetrocks, I forgot about the Multiple Commands thing. I will try your advice and see how it goes.
Happy Gaming!

mel77
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by mel77 on Feb 9, 11 6:31 PM
dlb628 - It does the same thing on my system with Windows 7. Nothing is running in the background (no browsers, etc. as is sometimes the culprit with other games and Win 7). It appears as though this game may not be compatible with the operating system.

Edited on 02/09/2011 at 6:32:02 PM PST

[Post New]by jens_heart77 on Feb 9, 11 8:50 PM
I run windows 7 and have not had any problems with any of the games.. What about your graphics cards? Do you have all the new updates? I know recently there has been quite a few. Instead I went and bought the newest one again, but I also play other games that have to have the best graphics cards.

wilkesy83
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by wilkesy83 on Feb 10, 11 5:50 PM
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this game as I'm not particularly interested in sport, however once I started and realised it's from the Megaplex Magness people (which I adored!) I soon got into it!

Overall a great game, but there's a couple of things that have been a bit irritating...

1) The voice acting is abysimal. Really. They sound like amateur voice artist (and I should know...coz I am one!) If they ARE amateurs, then I applaud you giving them a chance to be in a game...however it really was quite awful. And judging by the recording quality, they recorded it themselves on their home machines and sent you the voice files? The game is generally of a high standard (particularly the music), so this was a huge let down.

2) A small thing - when people drop their rubbish behind the food stalls etc, it's really difficult to click on it.

Altogether...8 out of 10

agray000
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by agray000 on Feb 11, 11 11:20 PM
just finished "mastering" all levels on Normal and some of them were pretty tough. tomorrow i might just take on those elite levels!

MrMystify
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by MrMystify on Feb 14, 11 5:55 AM
jens_heart77 wrote:I have purchased this game after playing the demo, but there is a few things maybe someone can answer for me as I am getting frusterated.
On the first level you play you can get gold coins.. but you cant pick them up?!
2nd off same thing about other levels if the last person leaves the gate and they leave behind a gold coin you can not get it either.
3rd Is there any way possible to upgrade everything on any of the levels??? I have tried with no luck. I played the rookie and on up thinking that I would get more money for each level I passed but 30-40 dollars extra did not cut it. So I am extremely frusterated that I can not upgrade everything. So please if anyone knows a way I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

1 - Since bea is not in the first level, the only way to pick up coins is to drop customers on them.

2 - Unfortunately, the only way to pick up that "last coin" would be for be to click on it, but since the level has ended, you can't. Just have to plan your strategy accordingly if you really want that coin.

3 - Yes, but it would require to replaying several levels several times, even if you got master. It is not required to upgrade everything to beat the chapter. I suspect it was made this way as to not run out of upgrades too early in the chapter, but I could be wrong.

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Feb 16, 11 5:15 AM
ElizabethR1533 wrote:(snip)
I found it VERY irritating when the character started to groan.
MULTIPLE things breaking down at once, and then breaking again a few seconds later. All this does is irritate me as it stops the flow of the game.
Towards the end of the free hour, I was just tense and irritated.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who felt this way about the game. I beta-tested it, and the frustration factor and the building tension and irritation made it hard for me to give the game a thorough trial. I thought it was because I'm not a big fan of time management games because they are too much like work to be really entertaining imho. I'm glad to see that time management fans feel the same way, so my comments and review during the beta-testing wasn't too harsh after all! I really tried to help them make this game more playable y'all

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Feb 23, 11 7:01 PM
I've played both the MM games at insane level - several times because I really like it.

This game fails to compare. First of all, I loved the variety in the theatres in MM with all the different music, the different characters that have all descriptions and voiceing - that is all missing with this game. Each level is pretty same except for difficulty. The blocking levels are new and nice.

Another thing is the bugs galore. Can't pick up trash in certain places, characters freezing, crashing after last scene and unable to see final game.

Oh - one thing I forgot to mention- I bought a BIG screen monitor because I like a BIG screen. What poseessed the designers to cut a couple of inches from around the playing grid to just draw some grass? That is so not smart.

I think I'll go back and play MM again. It's just better.

Edited on 02/23/2011 at 7:07:01 PM PST

Dea2112
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Dea2112 on Feb 24, 11 7:34 AM
what is MM?

[Post New]by ItsJust4Fun on Feb 24, 11 9:36 AM
I LOVE this game!! It definetly gets challenging (which is why I loved it) and I didn't play the expert mode! I don't usually post on games but really enjoy reading others that post. It has helped me to decide whether to buy or not so I thought I better start posting.... It is much like the Megaplex games but they were so fun to me too.... If you like those games you will love this!! Probably not for anyone who gets really frustrated with these games...

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Mar 5, 11 12:39 AM
I don't know anything about American football (except now that it has half time!) and this Megaplex Madness spin off was actually better than that game. The only things I didn't like was the lack of coinage for the games (Megaplex they seemed to be thick on the ground), and the crappy upgrades (fixing a hole in the ground - really? - Megaplex Madness was much better in this department). It also looks cheap and nasty - which it really isn't - which put me off even trying it for several months!

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 22, 11 6:13 PM
It's a cute game, but I found somewhat 'crude'. The theme is ok and so is game play but some things I found a bit confusing. Like this Arcade thing. Didn't find it useful at all.
Played for the full trial hour, but it's a 'no' from me. I'm sure though, that it will be perfect for a lot of people and I can imagine that will become a classic.

Go to: