ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Clutter

[Post New]by ember89 on Feb 11, 11 9:38 PM
different... beautiful scenes in international cities makes this a better than average junk pile find 'em all... the mini-games are also quirky and a nice addition to the overall play...

the clutter begins with finding pairs of objects, then evolves into finding the two halves of a single object... next up - three of a kind... and not all rounds are find 'em all in the pile, but given an object, find the other[s] or whatnot... again, some gentle twists to what would be an otherwise forgettable game...

overall, i approve of what the developers have set out to do, but find the result to be worthy of a DD purchase - not today

may your pond be clutter-free!

[Post New]by imgick on Feb 11, 11 10:06 PM
I have loaded this game twice and erased it twice. When I click to play I get the message "out of frequency" floating around the screen. This looks like a great game and I would like to play it! Can you help??

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Feb 15, 11 10:18 AM
Oh boy, does Leon Poncelette love himself or what? I got tired of his face looming in and out. I've never seen a game before where the designer features himself throughout the entire game. Very weird. The game was initially entertaining but became repetative and boring after a couple of rounds. Not for me.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

I didn't think I'd like it but...

[Post New]by mycatluna on Feb 18, 11 8:55 PM
I detest junk-pile Hidden Object Games and this one is obviously junk-pile but on purpose. Since it's President's sale weekend, I have been going through my unplayed demos and came across this one. I estimated I'd last maybe ten minutes and then uninstall. What actually ended up happening is that my demo ran out before I realized it had been an hour!

This game is very addictive. It has a TON of variety and while it is "self-help" in terms of advice and tips throughout the game on the importance of reducing clutter in one's life, it is done in a thought-provoking versus a "gag me already" way.The quotes are nice, the tips are helpful, and it adds purpose to the game. If you don't give a hoot about the advice, you can skip it. It's just there if you want to read it.

All in all, the game was put together well; however, it is not a game I will purchase until it comes around as a daily deal. It is the perfect game for "zoning out." My brain completely shut down during the trial and while I did enjoy myself it wasn't quite enough to make me want to purchase it. I prefer games that require some brain power to get through.

Several years ago I eliminated clutter from my life and every six months clean out the closets again as I like open spaces. For those that are pack-rats (like I used to be) this game does offer logical tips on steps one can take to reduce clutter, and ultimately stress, from one's life.

I think this would be the perfect game for a gloomy evening or weekend when your brain needs a complete and utter shut-down. This game should also appeal to fans of both time management and Hidden Object games as it blends the two quite nicely with the addition of the timer and the "conveyor belt" which is used off and on for different purposes throughout the game. It should also interest those looking for a unique gaming experience.

While the game's premise is simple, and not a game I would normally even try out, I do not regret playing the demo and I urge everyone to try it out for yourselves to see if you like it. In terms of development, it is put together well and offers enough variety to keep it from becoming too boring. For those tired of short games, this game, based on how far along I got in the demo, appears to be quite lengthy. As for replay value, I really could not say.

Give it a try--you might be surprised with your reaction to it-just like I was!

Cheers and happy gaming!

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Feb 18, 11 9:02 PM
catzzz666 wrote:Oh boy, does Leon Poncelette love himself or what? I got tired of his face looming in and out. I've never seen a game before where the designer features himself throughout the entire game. Very weird. The game was initially entertaining but became repetative and boring after a couple of rounds. Not for me.

Lol. His face is permanently etched into my brain. Marketing ploy? Accomplished! Kinda like certain commercial jingles you can't get out of your head...

If you look him up, he has his hands in the business of helping people "unclutter" (maybe he should go through these forums and work his magic)? Tee hee.
With that said, I kind of understand why his face pops up when he gives advice and tips; however, I don't really want his face to be the first one I see when I close my eyes tonight and I have a feeling that will happen. Leon's floating head...

Aside from that I wrote my own review on this game but I found your post funny and had to respond. Cheers and happy gaming! May your dreams be "floating Leon head" free!

[Post New]by librowe on Feb 19, 11 1:29 PM
I love this game - totally adictive and an enormous time waster, I'm spending hours playing when I ought to be doing other things - like housework!! Ah well, the dust will still be there tomorrow - back to the hunt!

[Post New]by naseller on Feb 20, 11 9:18 AM
good game, good variety of level difficulties, iIeven enjoyed the advice. BUT it needs a PAUSE button! Unless there is one and I cannot find it in which case, please advise. Also needs better instructions for arcade games, I never did figure out the Clock or the matching all sides puzzle.

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on Feb 20, 11 6:09 PM
Click on Menu to pause the game. (When the menu is up...there is a continue button) I think that works. The clock seems to change each time and if you click on the numbers and somehow get the numbers to be in order you get 4 coins, but it seems you have to do that 3 times. Some of the pieces on the matching sides puzzles don't move, so I find them easier if I start on those pieces first. It's only complete when all the touching sides match and show a coin. I've been having fun playing some of the arcade games by themselves. I like the sliding coin game, and you get 25 different types by clicking on the Coin in that screen with the attic.

[Post New]by dexela on Feb 21, 11 9:56 PM
Awful!! One of the WORST games I have encountered on what is otherwise a site which is a plethora of gaming fun. The pictures were hokey, the commentary totally cheesy and annoying. Maybe because I am already one of those type-A super organized persons, I could not stand being preached too during the game. I can see the game creator had the best of intentions, and it seems to be a game some people have enjoyed so that's great - but "no thanks" for me!

[Post New]by marymms on Feb 26, 11 2:23 AM
Wow. What a BORING game. I don't think I have ever deleted a game midplay in the 3+ years I have been playing games.

Girldawn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Girldawn on Feb 27, 11 10:18 PM
At first I thought this was just silly, but by the time the demo ended I could not hit the "buy" button fast enough!! Graphics are very nice and clear, like the mini games and I really appreciate the clutter advise Maybe there's hope for me with the help of this game! Thank you as always BF

roesbud
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by roesbud on Feb 28, 11 6:07 PM
i love this game! cleared out 3 areas.... one step at a time.
thanks
the clutter queen!

[Post New]by hedjhog on Mar 3, 11 6:20 PM
Very dumb game. I played 5 minutes and got tired of the photo of the developer.

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Mar 7, 11 1:52 AM
That's not a photo of the developer, but never mind.

I am loving this game. I had only found a couple of stones by the time the demo was up, so I bought the game straightaway. I still have two more stones to find and I have been playing for hours now. This is a real challenger, and I love games that make you think.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Mar 9, 11 7:49 AM
I really liked this unusual game! It was fun, challenging, and very creative! The messages about de-cluttering your life were good, timely reminders for me. There were several options to play to gain more hints. I tended to go to the ones I could get the most hints the fastest. Collecting the various "rocks" reinforced the message of de-cluttering one's life. There are several tasks that were suggested that I've already begun. It feels really good to rid my life of some of the clutter. I found it easier to match up objects the longer I played the game. At first, my mind was "cluttered" with finding the matching objects. Later, I rarely needed a hint.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 1:46:26 PM PST

[Post New]by Georgieflip on Mar 14, 11 1:30 PM
This game was a very pleasant surprise. If you like hidden objects, and are looking for something different, this is your game. It is very addictive. I'm enjoying it very much.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Mar 23, 11 3:02 PM
Extremely addictive - find myself thinking of MY clutter (not extreme, but still have some stockpiles)- and telling friends about this game. Not easy after awhile - I'm struggling with the third clock puzzle (second set) - giving it a rest before tackling it again. I like different, and this fits the bill. It's funny (Leon) yet thought provoking...

Edited on 03/23/2011 at 3:03:54 PM PST

LOLOVESHOG
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by LOLOVESHOG on Mar 24, 11 12:55 PM
I LOVE this game and am still loving it every time I play it. I did not find it boring or simple. Don't know all the big terms, but it's FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nemo_60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Nemo_60 on Apr 9, 11 5:18 AM
I didn't expect too but really liked this game. It's a secret little gem. I find it very relaxing ****.

Edited on 04/09/2011 at 5:20:18 AM PST

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Apr 10, 11 8:07 PM
I recently played all the way through for a second time. Skipped the family history, but reread all of the decluttering tips. When I have a few minutes and wish to play a game for a short while, this is the one I play. I keep the icon to it on my desktop. My favorite of the games in the attic to play is the Windowblinds game. Set to the challenging level, it really gives my eyes and brain a workout. I would just like to repeat that this is a very enjoyable game; one you can easily (or often) replay.

Hope there are more games from this designer in the future.

Go to: