Re:Welcome to Virtual Villagers: New Believers forum

[Post New]by Puddinluvrtoo on Mar 8, 11 4:44 PM
I like this new Virtual Villagers game more than any of the others, but I have a few questions. I'm almost through with the game; that is if I can get enough Energy points to get the last three things. Right now I need 36 points to get Revive, so that I can have fish in the pond. It looks like the only time that more is added to the Energy scale is when new Relics are picked up. If this is the case; I'm in big trouble, because I have all but two of the 24. My villagers are working on the third hut and they have built the nursery school. I need around 15,000 tech points to buy the third phase of Medicine. I have the third phrase of all the other catagories, so all that my tech points can go for after buying Medicine is to buy everyone new clothes.

Ok, here the questions. How do I get enough Energy to get Revive and Earthquake? I forget what the one is before Earthquake, but I really don't need it anyway. If I find the last two Relics, will I gain enough Energy points to take me to 800? Because it looks like I won't even make it to 600 for Revive. Will using some of the other things like bees or butterflies help to get more energy? If it will, I'll make it rain and then bring the sun out. 8)

Thanks for any help.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,081 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 9, 11 11:58 AM
You get more energy by increasing your population. So just keep making babies!

lillybet1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lillybet1 on Mar 11, 11 6:50 AM
could someone tell me what the sun is for also I have used the sun to destroy some totems but it does,nt work on others

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,081 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 11, 11 1:04 PM
The sun has no real purpose, it just stops the rain. There are no puzzles that need the sun. But if your villagers aren't working in the rain, you can bring the sun out for them.

[Post New]by barlassc on Mar 22, 11 5:40 AM
help me ..... i got everything done but the lake whats a( 2 typoons) where is that and when i beat the biulder where did the boxes go ??????????????help help help help !!!!!!

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 7:13:24 AM PST

HELP ME LAKE!

[Post New]by barlassc on Mar 22, 11 6:06 PM
barlassc wrote:help me ..... i got everything done but the lake whats a( 2 typoons) where is that and when i beat the biulder where did the boxes go ??????????????help help help help !!!!!!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,081 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 22, 11 6:33 PM
To fill up the lake you need to make it rain just after it has stopped raining and there are still puddles on the lake bed. You can make it rain with the tempest spell, which is unlocked when you have 300 energy points. So you can either wait until it rains naturally and then use the tempest spell, or you can make it rain with the tempest spell, wait till it stops and then make it rain again.

If you've beaten the builder, the boxes disappear as they're only there for the challenge.

[Post New]by james5454 on Mar 26, 11 4:56 PM
when i press play it says error and wont open why?

Edited on 03/26/2011 at 5:35:01 PM PST

[Post New]by HecticJunk on Mar 29, 11 3:34 PM
Puddinluvrtoo wrote:I like this new Virtual Villagers game more than any of the others, but I have a few questions. I'm almost through with the game; that is if I can get enough Energy points to get the last three things. Right now I need 36 points to get Revive, so that I can have fish in the pond. It looks like the only time that more is added to the Energy scale is when new Relics are picked up. If this is the case; I'm in big trouble, because I have all but two of the 24. My villagers are working on the third hut and they have built the nursery school. I need around 15,000 tech points to buy the third phase of Medicine. I have the third phrase of all the other catagories, so all that my tech points can go for after buying Medicine is to buy everyone new clothes.

Ok, here the questions. How do I get enough Energy to get Revive and Earthquake? I forget what the one is before Earthquake, but I really don't need it anyway. If I find the last two Relics, will I gain enough Energy points to take me to 800? Because it looks like I won't even make it to 600 for Revive. Will using some of the other things like bees or butterflies help to get more energy? If it will, I'll make it rain and then bring the sun out. 8)

Thanks for any help.

[Post New]by HecticJunk on Mar 29, 11 3:36 PM
Another way to get energy points is to get your villagers to become devotees, by converting heathens, build up the statue and encourage them to 'honor' it.

keeping yellow masked heathens away

[Post New]by HecticJunk on Mar 29, 11 3:42 PM
Elderly villagers run away very slowly, so I get one to collect up the yellow masked heathens (even the child one) and they all totter after the old one as though they're on zimmer frames. If this is used for a distance, like from the mausoleum, it looks funny and gives the workers a long time. When the slow party gets near to the fire circle, take the old villager back and start again.

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Apr 8, 11 1:54 PM
Aloha Fishies ~ I have a question about the heathen Chief. I have all the parts of the necklace and I put the child who found the last part, to assemble it, which she did, but when I drop her on the Chief nothing happens. I have done this several times, but nothing happens. And actually, when I put the child on top of the necklace, it says something like, "no place to use this"; something like that. So NOW what, lol?

Well I tried with different children, with adults, too, to pick it up and drop it on the Chief, but it won't let me pick it up! Anyone can give me advice on this please? Thanks `

Edited on 04/08/2011 at 8:27:44 PM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,081 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Apr 8, 11 10:06 PM
I don't think you need to drop anyone on the chief, but on the completed necklace. Does that work? Also, have you done the eye totem? I'm not sure if that's essential, but your villager may not be able to go to the chief if he's in the dark area of the map.

Edited on 04/08/2011 at 10:06:45 PM PST

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Apr 9, 11 3:53 AM
SeverineSnape wrote:I don't think you need to drop anyone on the chief, but on the completed necklace. Does that work? Also, have you done the eye totem? I'm not sure if that's essential, but your villager may not be able to go to the chief if he's in the dark area of the map.

Hiya ~ yes I have repeatedly dropped a variety of people, both kids and adults, especially the kid who put it together, on the necklace and like I mentioned, a message comes on the screen saying there's no where to take it. But I haven't done the eye-totem yet, not enough Tech Points? (close to 300,000) So maybe that's the answer? And when I check the walkthroughs, all they say is to drop a child or adult on the completed necklace and give it to the Chief. So, I'm stumped.Thanks ~

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,081 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Apr 9, 11 3:06 PM
Try doing the eye totem first - see if that helps. You don't need tech points for it, I don't think. You just need to clear the mausoleum and pick up the bowl of water that appears on the step... there are a few more steps after this, but I'll let you get on with it first.

Also, are you sure you still have a chief? There are some island events that covert random heathens to your tribe. Annoyingly, this includes the chief or the purple masks. And once they're converted, you can't complete the puzzles that they're related to.

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Apr 9, 11 3:56 PM
Yep, you were right, I had to do the Eye Totem first! So everything went well and the Chief told his story, which was interesting. Yes, I got a random converted heathen, and I knew it wasn't the Chief because he still made the rounds, and thankfully, it wasn't any of the 4 Purple Masked Masters either. I've been reading up on that glitch in the forums here, and it's definitely something the Dev's need to fix! So thank you so much for the reply ~

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Apr 11, 11 3:53 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:You get more energy by increasing your population. So just keep making babies!

Aloha Fishies ~ want to hear something funny? Some where in the Forums someone mentioned that her girly had kissed two men at the same time. Well the same thing happened to me yesterday, (it was crowded around that research table, lol) when I had just checked her Parenting choice, she kissed two guys and took them both to the Love Shack, lol. Even odder, the next girl I checked Parenting in, kissed a guy and now is the proud momma of triplets! I thought I was seeing things but there she is, lugging around 3 of them, stacked up like laundry! It's the silliest thing to see, lol ~

Edit: And she DID have triplets, lol!

Edited on 04/12/2011 at 12:54:24 PM PST

[Post New]by XLizzieX on Apr 24, 11 7:37 AM
angel2shine wrote:A swarm of bees, cant seem to cast them very well, one time for the pile of wood, than trying for the hungry totum, and they don't budge, hope its not a glitch, as I brought the game, Do you drag the circle? Left click, right click double click???

Got [removed by moderator]'s walkthrough, but it doesn't say HOW to cast the bee's my meter 66 last I looked.

Thanks for any help

[Post New]by stillsunshine on Apr 26, 11 2:06 AM
I had to restart my village after my computer crashed. The first time, the clay pots appeared okay, but I have started two new villages since then, and the clay pots haven't reappeared. Both the rainbow totem and the clothing hut still have a message saying they're 100% completed. I can't get rid of the messages, so it hasn't completed for some reason. I've done everything else I can, have more than half a million tech points, 90 villagers - but can't convert the remaining heathens because I can't put dye in the pools. Does anyone know how to fix this or what went wrong? I can't face doing this a fourth time!

[Post New]by cbenson on May 7, 11 9:35 PM
What is the hand of bloom used for?

Go to: