pam1500
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Farm Frenzy: Ancient Rome

[Post New]by pam1500 on Feb 12, 11 5:43 PM
All I can say is... whenever there's a new Farm Frenzy game out, I am there. I found the latest Diner Dash too repetitive, the latest Cooking Dash more work than fun, the Soap Opera Dash too much dragging rather than clicking. But FF games are always fun!

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Feb 12, 11 5:49 PM
This is so annoying...not for me. I want to take a gun and shoot those stupid ducks.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Feb 12, 11 9:22 PM
Cromaxgal wrote:This is so annoying...not for me. I want to take a gun and shoot those stupid ducks.

I had to laugh at Cormaxgal's comment: I stopped even trying the demo for the FF games after the first two. I like time management games, but the FF games make me crazy, so I'll give this one a miss too.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Feb 13, 11 12:34 PM
I love the Farm Frenzy games. I have purchased every one of them. Yes they are basically the same game over and over but why fix something that isn't broken? I find the format enjoyable and as long as they keep cranking out new ones, I will keep buying them.
I do find this one a bit annoying with everything dropping on the well making you refill it. But nothing is perfect.
My only major problem with the entire series is the log out. Scarlet pouts and scowls like you are killing her if you quit the game. I don't need Scarlet laying a guilt complex on me for leaving her alone on her farm for a few while I attend to real time. The girl needs to lighten up already.

I also buy quite a few of the Diner Dash and Cake Mania. They can be repetitive too but I like them. I get tired of Time Management games where you have to click on something every second. I end up with a sore wrist after an hour of play. Another reason I like the Farm Frenzy Series...I don't get a sore wrist, strained lower arm or tight elbow from constantly clickclickclicking.

[Post New]by Karinajulle on Feb 14, 11 2:48 AM
I actually think it´s a good one this FF made gold and record time on every lvl.
So it can be done... Like it´s a bit more challenging...

[Post New]by SMILEY858 on Feb 14, 11 5:02 PM
I was doing good until it came time to build the ship. I have the cloth and I have wood but cannot get a ship built. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?
Please and thanks.

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Feb 14, 11 5:26 PM
SMILEY858 wrote:I was doing good until it came time to build the ship. I have the cloth and I have wood but cannot get a ship built. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?
Please and thanks.

If the shipyard is built, it will tell you how many ie 15 sails and 15 cloths.

Put your mouse over it and you'll see

Sometimes it's more, but if this is your 1st ship it's for 15 for each.

When you have 15 of each all at once, you click on the shipyard and all 30 items will fly to the shipyard.

You'll see a ship sailing on the water where your galley travels

beylia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by beylia on Feb 15, 11 6:32 AM
This is getting boring...seriously this is the new FF? It is the exact same as the last few only with different graphics. If they are not going to bother changing anything but the graphics what is the point of continuing to make these games?? I've waited through the last few releases thinking that at some point they will release something that is not a clone of the others. This game is, again, the exact same as the others only with different scenery. I'll take my money elsewhere.

beylia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by beylia on Feb 15, 11 6:34 AM
lindiana wrote:I love the Farm Frenzy games. I have purchased every one of them. Yes they are basically the same game over and over but why fix something that isn't broken? I find the format enjoyable and as long as they keep cranking out new ones, I will keep buying them.
I do find this one a bit annoying with everything dropping on the well making you refill it. But nothing is perfect.
My only major problem with the entire series is the log out. Scarlet pouts and scowls like you are killing her if you quit the game. I don't need Scarlet laying a guilt complex on me for leaving her alone on her farm for a few while I attend to real time. The girl needs to lighten up already.

I also buy quite a few of the Diner Dash and Cake Mania. They can be repetitive too but I like them. I get tired of Time Management games where you have to click on something every second. I end up with a sore wrist after an hour of play. Another reason I like the Farm Frenzy Series...I don't get a sore wrist, strained lower arm or tight elbow from constantly clickclickclicking.

Why keep buying them if it is the same game over and over? Why not play one of the FF's that you already have again if it is just the same game over and over again? Waste of money.

DottyD
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by DottyD on Feb 26, 11 6:40 AM
I have purchased every FF game available...I love playing this game, but this one had me a bit confused, I wish there would have been more animales to purchase. It also had me a bit confused about upgrading some of the items, I really enjoyed building the ships, I wish I could have seen them sail all the way, but in all I really enjoyed it. I love the time management games, such as FF and Build a Lot, they need to bring such as these to Big Fish..

[Post New]by kamsler1 on Feb 26, 11 3:02 PM
I own all the FF games and I was perfectly happy with the same format for every game. Others complained it was getting boring or too easy doing the same thing over and over again. So as stated this one gives you more of a challenge for upgrading your buildings. It certainly isn't easy and it isn't boring. I like the new format and it seems that this FF was developed in direct response to all the complaints about the other games never changing. So what is everyone whining about now? What did you want them to change exactly? I also love the fact that I can sell my cats and dogs. You don't know how many times I wished they were saleable in the past games, especially when you needed money in a hurry. All in all, I am very happy with this version too. I will continue to buy all the FF games.

[Post New]by mrscoopey on Mar 1, 11 3:03 PM
patnsky wrote:
coopertess wrote:I keep getting an error message and can't get the game to even start. Anyone else have that trouble?

Hi coopertess and welcome to the BF pond.

Did you contact Customer Suppoirt? Anytime you have a problem, that is where you should go. Just click on the green envelope in window at the lower right. They are great with the help they provide. I have also used live chat and got help there.

Hope this helps

Pat

[Post New]by mrscoopey on Mar 1, 11 3:05 PM
I've had that same problem even uninstalling and then re-installing a couple of times hasn't worked and I've never had a problem with big fish before?

Johny_d
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Johny_d on Mar 4, 11 12:50 AM
Boring. With each part of the same. I really enjoyed from the first editions of the game. But then the same thing. No buy for me. Make something new!!!

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Mar 31, 11 6:09 PM
Okay...full disclosure here. I'm a total FF addict. I have literally bought every single one of them. And there is something so soothing about these games. Crazy, but soothing.

However, I really feel that Ancient Rome [AR] jumped the shark on this one. I cannot stand to have 100K coins or higher and not spend them on upgrades. In order to upgrade any building in this game, you have to make other objects and then use them to upgrade. And God forbid you have sold all of your cows or sheep, as the upgrades require you to have these animals to make the machines work. Or, God forbid you crush the upgrade machine before making all the necessary objects to upgrade the other machines you need to make your goal of Gold. I cannot even begin to count how many times I've done that. I've made Gold on most levels, but my success has been trying each level obsessively several times over.

I wish FF would come up with a fresh concept that didn't require all of those crazy "upgrade your building after making so many of these other objects." They need to kick that idea to the curb.

The one positive about this game are the graphics. After each new installment of FF, the graphics keep getting better and better.

I just wish FF would come up with a genuinely new FF game. I will buy more. But I will never buy another FF game with those crazy upgrade your building with the following number of objects types of games again. This FF sucked the lifeblood out of me.

On a scale of 1 to 5, five being the highest, I'd give this game a:

And I'm giving AR a 2 simply because I've loved the FF franchise up until this point.

[Post New]by Marabelle1 on Apr 17, 11 5:50 PM
I missed a cut scene by accidentally hitting the skip button, and it's driving me crazy! How can I watch the scene again? It's well into the game, probably the 4th scene? My map boats are built. I must know the story!

[Post New]by lesleyvance501 on Aug 10, 11 11:04 PM
The graphics keep getting better and the there are new animals and machines, but the challenges, awards, etc are all the same.

[Post New]by GEORGIAGIRL_MEJ on Aug 22, 11 8:53 PM
I love Farm Frenze games. They are a great fun and take a long time to complete. This is my third one and my favorite. The new upgrade method provides a different challenge and keeps it new and exciting. I don't think I would start with this game first though. It can be tricky. There aren't as many gags with this one, but they are fun too. (just saw a duck taking a picture of the Eiffel tower )

[Post New]by SfcDori on Sep 4, 11 7:24 PM
I purchased Farm Frenzy :Ancient Rome and can't upgrade ,even on gold levels, however I have plenty of money earned.
I can upgrade boat and storage house only,the forums have several of the same issue but no answer on how to fix this problem.
This is very annoying, I have another Farm Frenzy game without this issue.
I play these games to relax not get annoyed!
If there is no fix I would like a new game, Thank you

[Post New]by SfcDori on Sep 4, 11 7:25 PM
I purchased Farm Frenzy :Ancient Rome and can't upgrade ,even on gold levels, however I have plenty of money earned.
I can upgrade boat and storage house only,the forums have several of the same issue but no answer on how to fix this problem.
This is very annoying, I have another Farm Frenzy game without this issue.
I play these games to relax not get annoyed!
If there is no fix I would like a new game, Thank you

Go to: