Anyone know when the rest of the game is supposed to be on sale.

[Post New]by Paigexyz on Feb 19, 11 5:13 PM
If anyone knows when rest of game is on sale dump me an email? c0zmicg0d@verizon.net. I miss a lot of the good stuff because they keep sending me updates for Ipad/ipod splash which I don't eve own or Collector's games which I don't buy because they're too expensive. Loved this game looking forward the the next half of it(which should really be free since we sorta paid for only part of a game here IMO)
Cheers and enjoy.

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Welcome to Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight forum

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Feb 21, 11 3:21 AM
Aloha from Hawai'i, I just finished the game and I loved it! Great story-line with interesting twists and quirky humor, and a fun female lead character. And I loved the music so much that I waited for the Credits to find out who they were; it's a group called, "The Scarlet Furies" which consists of a guy and his long-time musician friends/band-mates, and his daughter, who has such a beautiful voice. (I Googled them and found more of their music to listen to, and I think this was a great pick for music for this game. Kudos to the Devs.)

SPOILER ALERT (I think):
However, I was disappointed that it turned out to be only part of the storyline, and then it says, "TO BE CONTINUED", which was a major bummer as I was having so much fun with it! I believe they should have labeled it, "Part I", because you are deceived into thinking it's a full game, and then it ends abruptly. Major downer. I am chomping at the bit waiting for the rest of the game to be published! But I did get it on SALE over the President's Day weekend, for $4.99, so that helped soften the disappointment. And now I want to go read Charlaine Harris's books, lol. All in all a fun game though, and I can't wait for more!

[Post New]by glasgow76 on Feb 21, 11 5:11 AM
jr449 wrote:I wish that I would have looked at the walkthrough before I purchased the game becuase it continues! Quite frankly, I purchased 1/2 of a game and should not be charged for part 2 when it comes out. To be fair, either I should have been charged 1/2 price since I only got 1/2 of a game, or when the second 1/2 of the game comes out, I should get it for FREE, since I paid for one game and only got 1/2 of a game! I wished that the entire game was put together or should have been a collectors edition game. Please do not sell anymore games such as this one becuase after playing it, it makes you feel like your not finished with the game.

Couldn't agree more!!
Really good game, but seriously shoddy marketing/sales strategy.
This is the first time I've ever felt strongly enough to post on a forum and it will also be my first complaint to the site administrators.
Rip off.....

catnip5
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by catnip5 on Feb 21, 11 12:20 PM
Fabulous game! I LOVE it! Best to come out in a long time. Everything is top notch:great characters, storyline, artwork, etc. The dog was adorable. Was hoping he would become a companion, but you can't have everything.

It did throw me at first when it completed the first episode and advised 'to be continued', but it was just to usher in episode 2.

I usually stay away from vampire games, but this one was lighthearted and humorous.
I would recommend it to anyone.

Edited on 02/21/2011 at 12:22:57 PM PST

mac_lite
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by mac_lite on Feb 21, 11 12:38 PM
meme1963 wrote:
jr449 wrote:I wish that I would have looked at the walkthrough before I purchased the game becuase it continues! Quite frankly, I purchased 1/2 of a game and should not be charged for part 2 when it comes out. To be fair, either I should have been charged 1/2 price since I only got 1/2 of a game, or when the second 1/2 of the game comes out, I should get it for FREE, since I paid for one game and only got 1/2 of a game! I wished that the entire game was put together or should have been a collectors edition game. Please do not sell anymore games such as this one becuase after playing it, it makes you feel like your not finished with the game.

Actually you purchased 1/4 a game as there are 4 episodes to the game.

I agree with the first person. I really feel cheated. I like to play the whole game.
If she had a sequel it should have been a second adventure. Not a continuation of the earlier game. I hope you are not trying to sell serials. If you do, then they should be priced accordingly and people should know what they are purchasing up front. That they in fact being treated to a serial and are not getting a completed game.
Not happy with your choice to publish this game as is. I really feel quite cheated.

theepicdog
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by theepicdog on Feb 21, 11 12:52 PM
I have to say i'm so dissapointed too as I also played the beta test and was quite looking forward to the release but when it suddenly stopped like it did what a let down!!!!!!

valerie12
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by valerie12 on Feb 22, 11 9:14 PM
I agree that if it was a sequel it should have said so.
The game was good but I don't like sequels and hope the next time
BF will let us know . I feel short changed since I could only play a part
of the game .
Valerie12

[Post New]by demfrevr on Feb 23, 11 6:58 AM
the way you get to part 2, part 3, and part 4, is to click play again as soon as the game automatically takes you to the main menu, after the ending of each part.

[Post New]by darkangelbabe_h on Feb 23, 11 8:41 PM
I believe i've just completed this game but it seems really short and leaves you up in the air, surely there's more to do like getting the sun potion?
There's only 4 episodes. Does anyone know if there is gonna be more to this game? And if they do bring out a sequel with more episodes does that mean we have to pay for that seperatley? It just doesn't seem fair to me.

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Feb 25, 11 1:26 AM
demfrevr wrote:the way you get to part 2, part 3, and part 4, is to click play again as soon as the game automatically takes you to the main menu, after the ending of each part.

SPOILER:
I think you have misunderstood the gist of most of the posts about this, as we (at least I) was not talking about the different sections of the game, ie. Part 1, Part 2, etc. I was talking about the game being very short, (the 4 parts) and leaving you hanging in the middle of the storyline, without completing the adventure. You play all the way through, only to have the game end with a notice, "To Be Continued", and some of us felt it was a rip-off, as this particular story-line was left unfinished. It was an unsatisfactory way to market the game in the opinion of a lot of us. If there IS a sequel, I'm sure that we will have to "pay it to play it" as they say in the gaming world. Cheers!

[Post New]by imhisnotyours on Feb 25, 11 1:06 PM
Just finished the game, took me around 3 hours. I am completely bummed that it's only just part of a storyline which only means you are expected to pay for the other parts. Not a ripoff... just not exactly fair. They should've put that you are buying the first part of a game series.

[Post New]by usnavymom14 on Feb 25, 11 9:19 PM
I feel so cheated,played the game and just as it gets interesting TBC.
I am very dissappointed in BF.They should have at least told us this was a 2 parter......ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Stuck in the dinghy

[Post New]by suzyqmacdo on Feb 26, 11 2:51 PM
I have gotten to the dinghy "game," made it to the HuberFlimple once and gotten shot at, since then I get to the ship and it says I need to talk to the stupid parrot again, but I am stuck in this part of the game. Any suggestions on how to get back to land to keep going?

Nevermind...I figured it out. I forgot to take the flag out of the machine!

I also wish they would have revealed it was an episodic game...would have waited for the full / complete version to be released.

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 4:40:01 PM PST

[Post New]by volfan2525 on Feb 27, 11 5:29 PM
Definitely a let-down to end so abruptly after the four episodes. Normally I would avoid playing the continuation but the character is so quirky and storyline so good I might have to break that personal rule.

[Post New]by TestyTexan on Feb 27, 11 5:56 PM
I can't get the blood thinner in the pirates drink. I have checked and rechecked and looked up a walkthrough and can't figure out what I need to do. Can anyone help me.
Thanks

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 27, 11 6:52 PM
TestyTexan wrote:I can't get the blood thinner in the pirates drink. I have checked and rechecked and looked up a walkthrough and can't figure out what I need to do. Can anyone help me.
Thanks

I don't like to post SPOILERS in this comments thread. So you have to highlight the blank area between the *** to read:
****Ring the bell on the take out window to the left of the door. When the pirate comes to talk, go into the bar and put the thinner in his drink.****
To highlight, put cursor on first ** hold down left mouse button and drag mouse to last *.

Edited on 02/27/2011 at 6:53:16 PM PST

[Post New]by TestyTexan on Feb 27, 11 7:17 PM
Thank you so much.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 27, 11 7:26 PM
You're Welcome, TestyTexan. Hope this helps you to get on enjoying the game!!

[Post New]by zoomerain on Feb 28, 11 1:50 PM
3 things about this game:

GREAT STORYLINE and characters!! I've played plenty of HOG including Mystery Case Files (my favorite line) and this is one of the best story lines since then. Loved every minute of playing. Never got bored and didn't spend all my time doing dumb puzzles to find out more of the story. Not too hard and loved the hints. Great graphics, awesome music, loved the fashion thing.

Only Part 1 of the story. I didn't know this up front but did buy with a half off code, so I don't feel too cheated but Big Fish should have told this on the description. I agree with all the posts.

Charlaine Harris books are GREAT! I own a bunch of them and that was a big reason why I bought this game. It definitely lives true to her books. This may be why there is more than one part to this story, she writes series books. You might also like the series "True Blood" on HBO as "Dead" book series is based on this.

[Post New]by KaterinaYelena on Mar 3, 11 12:24 PM
I played "part 1" today & was sorely disappointed that the game is, in my view incomplete, so why are we paying full price for only half (or less) of a game? I am sure when the next part comes out, we will all no doubt be forced to pay to play that too. I feel very cheated that I wasn't told BEFORE I bought it, that this was only part of a game. Although it seems there is little I can do. Very disappointing!

Go to: