Stariannah
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight

[Post New]by Stariannah on Feb 12, 11 4:25 AM
Just finished the demo, and I have to say I love it, love it, LOVE IT! I was all prepared to hate the game based on how the main character is described on the game page (fashion...ugh!! I'd rather cut my left arm off with a butter knife then chew off my right arm than have anything to do with fashion), and the campy music at the beginning didn't do anything to endear me to the game (I hate music in games...it distracts me, and this music was more obnoxious than most, but thankfully it can be turned off). Then she started talking, and I was completely won over. Dahlia is such a snarky b**** that I couldn't HELP but fall in love. And the bat!! Oh the cute little bat all laid back during the load scenes...I want him! He's ADORABLE!

Anyway, the game plays like any other IHOG, but the scenes are nice and spooky, if a little dark. I didn't get stuck once during the demo and only had to use the hint twice total during a couple of H0 scenes, which is pretty good since my brain is fried from lack of sleep. I'm not sure how far I got as I haven't looked at the walkthrough, but I took my time and made it to the 2nd address in vampire condo village. I was just putting the code in when my demo time ran out. This is a DEFINITE buy for me! Well, back to the game...

S.

(Oh, and I REALLY hope she kills that blonde guy. He's such a dork!)

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Feb 12, 11 4:31 AM
Its a winner. Kind of different. Had trouble getting into it and thought I wouldnt like it, but after a couple of peeks into the WT Im liking it better. Some neat clothes in that WardRobe. Im a retired Nurse, wonder what would have happened if I walked into work with that out fit on. LOL.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Feb 12, 11 4:54 AM
Just finished the demo and all I can say is: Wotta Lotta FUN!!!

I like the way you have to finish certain things in the H0G scenes. I had just completed most of the tasks in Musty's Pad when the demo ran out (and I loved picking her outfits!!)

Definite buy for me - it's just so different (for me anyway)

Love it

Kel

Just used my Game Club Credit to purchase - off to play now - Byee

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 4:56:59 AM PST

[Post New]by country_girl864 on Feb 12, 11 4:57 AM
I love the bat...knockin' back a pint. Just adorable. Looks like a fun game. I'm sure this will be a buy for me. I have a couple of credits burning a hole in my pocket and not much to do today. Sounds like a plan. This not your average game, I think it's a little challenging. Alot of eye-candy going on. I don't know where to look first. It's gonna be fun!!

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Feb 12, 11 5:25 AM
Love Dahlia--sooo snarky! Also love the bat--makes the load times much more bearable! wonder if he shows up in the actual game. Cinnamon the Dog is cool, too. Lots of creepy fun.

Other than the long load times, no tech issues so far. Works smoothly, nice gameplay, good graphics. This will be a definite buy for me, probably when my credits come up.

ETA -- just morphed to !

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 5:26:22 AM PST

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 12, 11 5:49 AM
Just read on the 2nd "length" thread that it's another " to be continued" game. I've been waiting almost a year for the 2nd half of "Love and Death: Bitten". It just came out as a DD, I'll try the demo but no buy for me today.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Feb 12, 11 5:55 AM
I agree with all of the positive reviews. I loved this game graphics were great, storyline was good and loved the humor. The music was excellant.

This game played like a CE. Great length and hope we dont have to wait for the next game to long.

Happy gaming

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Feb 12, 11 6:18 AM
goofyduck77 wrote: I don’t know why and most probably wouldn’t think of it, but it reminded me of Elvira meets Scooby-Doo.

ROFL,

That is exactly it

I have just played episode 1 & bought it a bit earlier.

As most have said before, this is a great game. It is humerous with superb graphics & a useful hint system.

I found the H O sceens quite difficult but not impossibly so.

The minigames are inventive.

I am loving it from all quarters, well worth my credit.

[Post New]by GameCrazy10 on Feb 12, 11 6:34 AM
Played the one hour preview and loved it so much I downloaded the complete game. Do not always do that since I budget my games each month to a few.
This game is so cool! for me because it plays different in the layout than most past games I have in my file. I like how it splits into sections so you can stop at the end of one section/chapter before going on if you wish. Like this........allows me to stop for a time and do my work around home (YUK!).
One of my top games.

Kalavinka
Clownfish
Clownfish
683 Posts

[Post New]by Kalavinka on Feb 12, 11 6:37 AM
Snaphiss-- the answer to your question is a resounding YES.

As for the game-- finally something that is a little different. This is a definite buy for me. It has all of the things that I like, vampires, humor, interesting puzzles and good dialog. It seems a bit on the easy side, but at least the story is interesting and the game play has some slightly different twists to it.

-Kala

P.S. I love fashion. Dahlia is definitely a character who I can relate to.

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 6:38:23 AM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Feb 12, 11 6:48 AM
Coronagold wrote:I beta'd it earlier & thought it stunk. The voice-over is the typical stuck-up "I'm so cute it hurts" variety. About as imaginative as Hollywood. Pass.

ditto

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Feb 12, 11 6:51 AM
Kalavinka wrote:Snaphiss-- the answer to your question is a resounding YES.

As for the game-- finally something that is a little different. This is a definite buy for me. It has all of the things that I like, vampires, humor, interesting puzzles and good dialog. It seems a bit on the easy side, but at least the story is interesting and the game play has some slightly different twists to it.

-Kala

P.S. I love fashion. Dahlia is definitely a character who I can relate to.

I'm still not clear on this... we have delicate members that need to be warned about bluegrass music?

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Feb 12, 11 6:55 AM
Absolutely the best game in a lonnngggg time! Love it. It is so "camp" and funny. Has great games and neat story. Love the the female vamp. She is amusing. And there is actual voice in this this one. Again, love this one better than the CE which was released two days ago so I am going to play this first. A winner here!

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Feb 12, 11 7:14 AM
Really great game Big Fish. Loved everything about it, except the wait to play the rest. Loved the game, the music, graphics, everthingthing. Can't wait for rest, please please hurry to have senond half. Sooner than later would be the best. Kudos and thanks again Big Fish Games.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 12, 11 8:05 AM

I love this game more than any of the recent big sellers (Phantasmat, 13 skulls, etc) because there is sass and humour.

This is "horror" that does not take itself so deadly serious - sort of fang in cheek. Heavy on the cheek.

Devs: I love it and I'll be a devoted customer for any and all future episodes!!

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Feb 12, 11 8:10 AM
I didn't think this was going to load but it did and after, oooh, 10 minutes, it was a buy!
Great graphics, love the storyline. The main character has got some attitude and it's just that little bit different.
I've just started chapter 3 and it's taken a couple of hours to get there - for once, I'm listening to the dialogue and the music and taking my time.
This one is a definite winner for me - I just hope I've got another couple of hours or so 'play time'!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Feb 12, 11 8:22 AM
STOPPED in to say THANKS to all.. ....GREAT REVIEW GOOOFY ( I always love the reviews)

OFF>>>>>>to DEMO

Have a Coupon waiting to be used

Happy Gaming

PEN

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Feb 12, 11 8:56 AM
Having read most of the Sookie Stackhouse books and quite enjoying them, it still worries me when I see a famous name attached to a game. That raises my expectation level pretty high.
Based on demo only-
Wow, I was pleasantly surprised! Great graphics, excellent voice-acting and music, engrossing game-play, unusually different mini-games, no tech issues and NOT a CE!!!!
Keep cranking out games like this and I may be able to use some of my PCCs!

Kalavinka
Clownfish
Clownfish
683 Posts

[Post New]by Kalavinka on Feb 12, 11 9:16 AM
There are members who are sensitive about the Hokey Pokey.

Yes Snaphiss. There are people who will choose to buy the game, choose to play the game, and then spill lots kbs explaining why the game was evil (because of the seductive leather wearing vampire and sexy music) or offensive to them (or how they are somehow abused by some aspect of game play) and why the game should be appropriate for children (who do not have the attention span to play these sorts of games anyway). If you debate the issue-- the person will get offended, tell on you to the moderators, and the moderators will send you a pm telling you that you are harassing the other poster (regardless of how reasonable you try to be). There are lots of week (nothing offensive in the word week) minded people who post here. Some days it is like the kindergarten peoples' tolerances are so low. IMO- warnings are always good. You think that people could figure things out and make good decisions for themselves.... but yet....

-Kala

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 9:19:57 AM PST

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

Nurse outfit bug

[Post New]by steve_san on Feb 12, 11 10:26 AM
I have the complete nurse outfit (it tells me I do), but it still does not recognize it at the security camera. I am totally stuck. This seems to be a bug. Help!

Go to: