lesley234
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Post any Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight technical issues here only

[Post New]by lesley234 on Feb 12, 11 7:18 AM
This error access noncense is a first for me.....Whats going on??

parvacrux
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by parvacrux on Feb 12, 11 7:20 AM
Helmaron wrote:Wouldn't even start.

Downloaded game.

Got "Downloading Game Stub"

Got a box which said "UNPACKING RESOURSES"

Waited patiently

When the play page came up it said that I had 57 minutes left to play

Pressed play

Game icon blinked briefly on the desktop bar at the bottom of the page.
Then disappeared

I pressed the play button again, but it said I had a game already playing

Exited the game stub and tried again.

Pressed play

Game icon blinked briefly on the desktop bar at the bottom of the page.
Then disappeared
I pressed the play button again, but it said I had a game already playing

Still the same

Uninstalled!

Pity! I was looking forward to this as I like the Sookie Stackhouse books. Not so keen on the TV series. Too much artistic licence.

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Feb 12, 11 7:39 AM
I just downloaded and played it with no issues. Did get the "unpack resources" bar but all was good.

Just posted to mention that I tried to download this from the [removed by moderator] site which I have used many times in the past. I even beta Obearon games. When I tried the download there my Norton identified the game as suspect and wiped it before I could play.

Interesting.

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 8:35:02 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Feb 12, 11 8:08 AM
I looked at this game on another site ( can't tell here ) and they had the write up...

GAME MUST......has to have at least a 250 Graphics card...MIN.... ( no lower then a 125)
I was wondering IF maybe that is the problem.
Before I bought my new computer ( had it build special ) I had to put a HIGHER graphics Card in the old one. ONE of the CS told me that NEWER games coming out WILL HAVE better and bigger GRAPHICS which we want!!!!
So, I bought a 250 and then I could play all the games.

I am now playing WINDOW-7 with a super graphics and more MB ....Also a new 22' screen.
Wish I had bought the 3-D one, for I look for future games to be 3-D

Hope this helps
PEN

hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by hd2222 on Feb 12, 11 8:11 AM
Another curser without precise movement ...not going to play the "hit or miss" game. On such a beautiful day, why frazzle my nerves when I can read a good....edited .... book?

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Feb 12, 11 9:06 AM
bluesinew wrote:The game downloaded and installed quickly. No problems there... however, found the cursors slow and cumbersome. Trying to use the inventory items got to tricky. Not going to buy this one.

I had the same problem. I really wanted to play this one, but the cursor was simply too hard to manage - very 'floaty'. It must5 haver taken me 8 tries to cut each lock and by the time I got to the fuses I just gave up.

I very rarely use a custom cursor, though I can understand why the devs did not allow one - the over-click penalty was very cool.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

Nurse outfit bug

[Post New]by steve_san on Feb 12, 11 10:23 AM
I have the complete nurse outfit (it tells me I do), but it still does not recognize it at the security camera. I am totally stuck. This seems to be a bug. Help!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Feb 12, 11 10:24 AM
For those of you who got trial expired, before even playing the game, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
This has happened to me only twice, in the 300 or more games I have purchased here, and both times, after uninstalling and reinstalling, it than gave me the trial to play.
Hope this helps :-)

kneehigh56
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kneehigh56 on Feb 12, 11 10:45 AM
Another game that downloads with a Games Stub update and then won't run - had issues with Stray Soul's Dollhouse Story yesterday - Error Access Violation - the ONLY time I have ever had this happen with a game before is in exactly the same situation - game downloads with update - game won't run !! I have downloaded much larger files than these and have had no problems this is about the 6th game this has happened to me and its my my laptop, as brand new!!!!

bad enough I'm thinkin where are more **** games.....???? now the ones on this site I can't play!!!! please, please, fix this problem!!!!!

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Feb 12, 11 10:45 AM
My Dell Studio 1535 has the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD video card. After reading Vista and Dell Support sites I found out you have to shut down background tasks running before gaming. I had a "google sidebar desktop" running, shut it down and now the game is performing well.

[Post New]by litllulu on Feb 12, 11 11:05 AM
I have played this game to the start of 3rd level no problems till now and i get the
Error Access Violation used my code to purchase this. now what?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 12, 11 11:12 AM
Hello everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to post in here. Please make sure that when installing the game, to avoid hitting the 'cancel' button as the "unpacking resources" pop up window is in motion. This should allow the game to successfully load.

If you've done this, please try uninstalling and reinstalling your game while turning off any running processes that might be interfering. Here is a help article that can assist you with this:

Problem Downloading or Installation Failed

If you're still unable to get the game running, please get in touch with Tech Support and let our reps know what steps you've already taken. To do this, please click on the green envelope to the right, then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Feb 12, 11 11:55 AM
GrammaKj wrote:My Dell Studio 1535 has the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD video card. After reading Vista and Dell Support sites I found out you have to shut down background tasks running before gaming. I had a "google sidebar desktop" running, shut it down and now the game is performing well.

DITTO
You can NOT even have your MUSIC on in the bk ground OR any other items active

HOPE this HELPS

THANKS

Bevcat07
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Bevcat07 on Feb 12, 11 11:55 AM
I have had the same Access violation message, there are so few games lately it's a shame when we get one it doen't work.

Hazel53Xby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Hazel53Xby on Feb 12, 11 12:21 PM
Yet another game with technical problems. The game downloaded ok but won't let me play. I press play, the game flashes briefly as if it is loading then back up comes Game Manager saying I have 59 mins to play. Press play again and it goes black then up pops game manager again saying you have 58 mins to play.
Does anyone at BIG FISH realise how frustrating this is getting.
Game after game after game?????
Enjoy those that can
Love
Hazel x

tesco
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tesco on Feb 12, 11 1:27 PM
here we go again its not my computer as i have had it checked out im getting really fed up with these problems that keep occuring its nearly every game lately come on big fish please will you try and sort this fiasco out. my game as installed with no problem at all it just keeps freezing its really frustrating hope you can sort this out as soon as poss as i really like this game

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Feb 12, 11 6:01 PM
BFGJunkie wrote:
Blackie61958 wrote:Error: Access violation at 0x05BBEFAE(tried to write 0x00000000) program terminated!!

The same thing happened yesterday with Stray Souls!!
(different error #'s)

Same thing for me too, both days, I wonder what all of us fishies getting the "error access violation" have in common. I have an Alienware Aurora R-2, Win 7.

Same experience with both games and I certainly don't have an Alienware Auroroa but have had this happen with two other very similar games (d/loaded one day apart) where the Games Stub etc updated/unpacked resources as part of the game download - one showed Access Violation and threw me out of game and the other was stuck in the screen telling me how many minutes I have left to play - game just would not run.

bfgfan25
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by bfgfan25 on Feb 12, 11 9:48 PM
I'm so sick of the damn access violation error! The worst part that is nothing can be done about it.

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 9:49:41 PM PST

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Feb 12, 11 10:18 PM
Installed and played the game last night and this morning. Now, when I click on the 'Play Now' link in the BF Game Manager-the game won't start. Then, the 'Play Again' screen pops up in the Game Manager.

I don't know about anyone else, but I really look forward to having a good **** game to play. Especially on the weekends, when I can play at my leisure. I can't tell you just how frustrating it is to continually have issues with game play. What's even more frustrating is not having a direct avenue/connection to Tech Support unless it's between the hours of 9-4 pm, M-F. Well, I work during those hours, and just can't see myself taking time away from my work day to address gaming issues. It just can't happen. Even if I wanted to-I can't seem to carve out the time to do so-especially during work hours.

What happened to the good old BF days when you purchased a game, and it installed and played with no issues? Now, it seems that there's some issue or another with every other game I purchase-It didn't use to be this way with BF games. I'm becoming more and more disenchanted with BF...

Edited on 02/13/2011 at 9:25:29 AM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 12, 11 11:08 PM
Don't know if this is anyone's problem out there, but sometimes it causes problems for me. You may need to make sure all other programs are closed when running this game. It uses a lot of resources to run. Open browser or internet pages may cause some to have trouble running it.

Go to: