Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Farmscapes

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 16, 11 12:40 PM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:Those who have Playstations might remember a series called Harvest Moon, of which there are about a half dozen titles related to it. Farmscapes reminds me a bit of those games, only with mini-games thrown in for variety. I'm usually not drawn to games like this, but the Harvest Moon series were just very pleasant to play, as is Farmscapes. My only problem with it is that there is almost TOO much to do, and can get a bit overwhelming if you're a little tired. Either way, while I won't be getting this, I recommend it for folks looking for something that is challenging without making you want to take a rake to the developers.

I never owned a Playstation, but I had Harvest Moon (a couple of those games) for my NDS.

Yes, there is lots to do on this farm. But you can take your time and do things when you want to do them. Just because those two keep telling you to get going with such and such a job doesn´t mean you have to.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 16, 11 1:52 PM
I tried this one when it first came out, and was really excited because I did enjoy Gardenscapes, however, I was disappointed. I played out the entire hour and chose not to buy as I found it boring. The M3 portion was veggies, and more veggies, and more veggies. I really didn't enjoy the extra tasks, and the loading time did bother me. Glad some of you are enjoying it, but it just wasn't for me.

Okami
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Okami on Feb 16, 11 2:17 PM
Not only did the boy remind me of 'Up' but I swear there's a poster of 'Doug the Dog' in his bedroom and Nemo is in the spring! Did somebody at PlayRix have a previous job with Pixar?

Anyway, sweet game...I don't think you get the full effect on Demo as you don't want to take the time to let the interactions between Grandpa, Tom and the dog play out. I like Match 3 so that's okay, though I wish there were more HOG scenes. The customers say some funny things while you are playing which is distracting until you realize they repeat comments. Then you can ignore it if you want.

Though not a 5+ like Gardenscapes, it's a solid 4 on the Game-o-scale.

[Post New]by Nancy_ca on Feb 16, 11 3:13 PM
gimmegames wrote:I played the demo and bought it (- to salve my wounds over Faunasphere closing down March 15). And I agree the loading time between scenes seems long.

Also over from FS...don't mind the loading time. Find the game very cute and like the fact that I don't have to play with time restrictions like other farm games.

[Post New]by littegoldfish on Feb 16, 11 7:00 PM
What a cute game! This game has a lot of the elements that most gamers on here are looking for. Hidden object, a tiny bit of time management, adventure, puzzle solving, etc... I didn't happen to notice the load issues that others were experiencing, maybe I jumped in the pond after a fix, not sure.

After playing the demo I'm pretty much positive I will be using a credit on this game. I like new and different, that's exactly what I see here but it could be because I haven't played a lot of others like it. I usually go for TM games but lately have found the HOG very intriguing and FUN!

Have fun in the fish pond my friends!

Edited on 02/16/2011 at 7:01:42 PM PST

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Feb 16, 11 7:20 PM
I didn't even think or trial this game....instant buy and I'm not disappointed. Nice going Playrix

GONGA
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by GONGA on Feb 16, 11 7:55 PM
Just could not get into it ,the loading between scenes is a real killjoy,

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Feb 16, 11 11:19 PM
A little miffed because I bought this from the developer just before it came
out on BF, my irritation is somewhat ameliorated by the half-price sale, so I
only paid $10. I find it delightful, though not quite as much fun as
Gardenscapes. So far, I've been able to stifle my aggravation at the slow
loading times, both initially and between scenes. I, also, can't read the
prices on the items for sale, but I find this minor, since they do let you know
when you have enough to buy something. Altogether, very enjoyable.

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Feb 17, 11 12:49 AM
Slow load times between scenes make the game essentially unplayable for many of us. This goes a bit beyond being a simple technical problem, and likely has something to do with poor coding and testing.

Cannot recommend.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Feb 17, 11 6:40 AM
The loading time was awful. It also never said how many veggies you have to match up to move to the next scene. It seemed like the money never increased on the register no matter how much matching up I did. I'll skip this one.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Feb 17, 11 10:18 AM
VTCT wrote:What a bore same o same game. You should have two different sites. Those for young people & those who a bite more mature and like a challenge.

I'm a perfect example of age not having anything to do with whether you enjoy a game like this or not. I'm a mature 57 year old woman and I love this game. It's a nice combination of M3, HOG and tasks to perform. I love the way the whole scene has things going on, just not the areas that are part of the game. I also like being included as part of the game. The music is very pleasant and unobtrusive. Playrix once again has come up with a game the whole family can enjoy. I of course have bought the game.

Zolea
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Zolea on Feb 17, 11 10:57 AM
jennsmom wrote:It's a cute game. The little boy reminds me of the boy in the movie Up. I like the music, it's pleasant, and yet I can tune it out. The problem is the loading time! Oh, and the end. It doesn't let you exit easily without showing a bunch of scenes; one of my pet peeves. If it were offered as a DD, there's no question I would purchase it, but it's not quite worth it to me, as regular price or to use a credit. Nice, though.

I thought the same thing. It reminded me of Up. Even in the boy's room is a poster of Doug the dog!! I thought it was adorable, but won't buy at regular price due to the long loading pauses.

Edited on 02/19/2011 at 9:51:45 AM PST

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Feb 17, 11 12:44 PM
CasualGran wrote:Yep. Already bought it and played it directly from another site! Here's what I thought about it (already published elsewhere):

This is such an awesome and cute game! I loved Gardenscapes and this sequel is just as good, maybe even better!
This time you're invited to help a funny kid and his grandpa to fix the old farm, so you go ahead and perform all kind of tasks that are given to you as you play. It's a pleasure to do things and to look how things work out. Also giving happy feelings is to see the boy and his gramps walk around talking to you and to each other about what's going on.
Sometimes old stuff gets sold for more money and you earn that in minigames like a colourfull match 3. It's all not too difficult, if not to say easy peacy lemon squeezie, but it's so much fun to do. It really makes you happy as you sit there behind your pc!
I love this game and would recommend it to anyone in need of a couple of hours carefree feelgood playing! For in between sessions, you can also activate the screensaver, so you won't forget your little farm and its inhabitants.

Happy Gaming folks!

I completely agree with you casualgran - with one exception, the "load" time in between games is JUST FOREVER! I don't know if this is a glitch, it didn't seem like it, just seems like that is the way the game was designed. Other than that it is a VERY cute game and would be a purchase except for that long and arduous load between games.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Feb 17, 11 6:45 PM
Well since I've been one complaining about all the 'Dark & Dreary' themed H0Gs, of course I was very happy to see and demo Farmscapes. Cute game and I used my Game Club Credit to get it.I'm not having a problem with it taking long to load between scenes. The H0 scenes are few and far between,but lots of Match-3 which is fine with me. Hints recharge. I'm playing 'untimed' mode.

And I love the background horn music-reminds me of Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass,and I love them!

Edited on 02/20/2011 at 8:01:29 AM PST

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Feb 17, 11 10:53 PM
mkastor wrote:The loading time was awful. It also never said how many veggies you have to match up to move to the next scene. It seemed like the money never increased on the register no matter how much matching up I did. I'll skip this one.

The only matches that count toward sales are the ones that are on gold tiles - those are the ones you have to clear. As you clear them, you will see produce suddenly appear on the counter for customers to buy. When you have cleared all the gold tiles, then you have finished the match 3 level.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Feb 17, 11 10:55 PM
Zolea wrote: I thought it was adorable, but won't buy at regular price due to the long loading pauses (and I am on a 6meg DSL).

DSL speed only affects stuff you download/upload from the Internet. The long loading pauses you are referring to (between levels) aren't using Internet, they are the game loading the graphics and animations. This uses RAM, video RAM, and CPU speed (but mostly video RAM).

BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

[Post New]by BBB10 on Feb 18, 11 2:51 AM
Lisa522 wrote:What a sweet and lovely game. Graphics are beautiful as always by Playrix. The gameplay is cute, engaging and endearing. This is a mix between a match 3, simulation/builder type game, adventure game and hidden object scenes. Similar to Gardenscapes, you are designing a farm - the difference here is that you are earning money through match 3 vegetable sales and advancing the storyline on the farm through adventure type play with just a touch of hidden object thrown in as well. So far, the match 3's have shown increasing difficulty fairly early on, which relieves me because I like a challenging match 3. Fishdom series, while beautiful, is much too sedate for me so I'm glad to see this one does not seem to follow the same suit. However, the game is available in timed (the only way for me!) or relaxed mode. Game is very high quality as is everything by this developer; no surprise there! The game does take a minute between scenes but it's obvious it's because of the quality of the graphics and animations. I didn't find it to be maddeningly long or even frustration producing - look away at the TV for a moment, when you look back, it's done. Great game, well worth the money.
Yes, I agree!! It is worth the wait for fantastic graphics and animations!! No frustration here either!! I have been playing for hours!!! My right hand is so sore from clicking!! Have to have a shower and go to bed!! (DH isn't going to be happy with me..up all night to play!!) Great game!!! Happy Gaming!!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Feb 18, 11 8:02 AM
SandraSwede wrote:OMG! The loading time is horrible. Even to exit the game. Thought I was going to be stuck there for the rest of the day.

I so agree. Takes longer to load between scenes than to play the match scenes.

I'm on the fence whether to purchase or not. The game doesn't grab me like Gardenscapes did. I'll play the remaining half of the demo later and see if it's just my mood this morning or the game really isn't doing it for me.

jentzie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jentzie on Feb 18, 11 6:35 PM
boring -- too much time before loading --I dislike this M3 = slow, boring and childish --no buy

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Feb 18, 11 11:27 PM
Had crashing/freezing issues, and after many hours of troubleshooting on my own, I've asked to return it for a game coupon. I had lots of crashing with Royal Envoy, another from this developer, so maybe it's a similar problem.

Aside from that, I was enjoying this game in spite of the loading times.

Go to: