Re:Post any Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss technical issues here only

[Post New]by sheilamags on Feb 18, 11 8:50 AM

I got the same message about the hardware!!
What is going on!! How many games is that now that we fishes can't play because of technical errors ive lost count. This is just not good enough B.F. Seriously thinking of cancelling my account if things dont improve.

[Post New]by iampeacewalker on Feb 18, 11 9:16 AM
I will join in here too...downloaded just fine clicked play it loaded almost to the front page.
I see through the black screen and just barely make out the title.
Gosh BFG.....this getting really disheartening.
What happened to Beta testing to get these bugs out?

[Post New]by kddkdn on Feb 18, 11 9:33 AM
It downloaded fine for me too, but gave the same message about the hardware.

kddkdn

[Post New]by iampeacewalker on Feb 18, 11 9:53 AM
I went and updated Direct X...suspicions here...when downloading direct X...it also comes with Bing and I deselected Bing...but I gotta say the past few games havent run and I am thinking it is because of not selecting Bing...
come on BFG help us out here
After new Direct X downoload ..no change still black screen
Is anyone else aware of the Bing thing?

oversixty
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by oversixty on Feb 18, 11 10:09 AM
Tried to download several times but came back with the same error message most of you are getting.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 18, 11 12:27 PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread. We would really appreciate it if you could please write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report so that we can collect more information on the error message/loading issue. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Milliesmom on Feb 18, 11 3:02 PM
Got the same message "This hardware is not supported by Mystery Agency - A Vampire Kiss"..what is going on?

pjcoop
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by pjcoop on Feb 18, 11 3:06 PM
I also am getting the hardware message. I also agree about the quality of recent games. Never have I had so much trouble with games in the year of my membership as I have had in the last few months. It seems I am uninstalling 7 out of 10 games. I have done everything suggested by BigFish, the DirectX diagnosis, updated Flash Card and Shockwave Player, with no success. It is getting very annoying as I could always count on BigFish to sell quality games.

rubywilms
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by rubywilms on Feb 18, 11 3:40 PM
I gave up just couldn't get the game to play, got the credits and a big black screen. finally uninstalled the gave very disappointed

[Post New]by Sprint64 on Feb 18, 11 4:08 PM
Played this game in trial mode long enough to know I'd enjoy it - so I purchased the full version. Installed full version twice and it still won't allow me to play - same message - my system is not supported! What's up with this game?

kneehigh56
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kneehigh56 on Feb 18, 11 4:59 PM
I downloaded it just fine, but when I tried to play, I too got this message telling me my hardware was not supported by this game. What is going on with all these Hidden Object games.....after yesterday's success I was looking forward to having another good day....but no.....what is goin on here????? will the BFG team please explain to all its subscribers? we are owed that much!

motive
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by motive on Feb 18, 11 5:01 PM
I'm able to download but the cursor doesn't move. This is the second game this week where this happened. I can't use crt-alt-delete and have to power down. I'm uninstalling now.

jramme
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by jramme on Feb 18, 11 6:10 PM
I downloaded the game and then clicked to play it and everything froze. I had to do a restart. Tried it 3 times and everytime the same thing. Never did get the game to open; it only froze up my computer each time.

abitmore
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by abitmore on Feb 18, 11 8:30 PM
I think I know what might be wrong...

Look at the system requirements for this game. It requires 1536 mb of RAM! Ridiculous! 13th Skull only used something like 1024mb; most use about 256-512mb. I have no idea why it uses that much memory as it's just one HOG after another with a few minigames thrown in. That's just crazy.

If you have enough RAM but are having problems, you might want to try rebooting then exiting out of everything you can possibly do without in order to free up memory. The game downloaded and ran on my computer but after playing for about 40 minutes - in which I only completed one and a half HOGs because all the items were so blurry, the only fun I had was deleting the thing, lol..

[Post New]by MyHinneyWV on Feb 18, 11 10:43 PM
same here this hardware is not supported by mystery agency-a vampire kiss oops

mismo55
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mismo55 on Feb 19, 11 3:40 AM
Me too, not supported

[Post New]by kentuckydee on Feb 19, 11 6:15 AM
Same problem. "hardware does not support this" Sad, too.

kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kimcol on Feb 19, 11 6:56 AM
The game downloaded and ran fine, and I had no problems with running it. I found it to be a very boring game, though.

cmwb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by cmwb on Feb 19, 11 6:56 AM
Technical told me that it was most likely the size of the file as it takes a lot of RAM.
I uninstalled the game and did a defrag on my computer giving me plenty of room for the game to work....did it.....no and I uninstalled it for the third time....three strikes you're out!!

[Post New]by sandy01m on Feb 19, 11 10:09 AM
I feel better....I got the .....This hardware is not supported ...error message...aauughhhhhhhhhhh

Go to: