lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss

[Post New]by lovely62 on Feb 18, 11 4:22 AM
I Agree this game is terrible.. sorry BF but you been giving us pretty lame games lately except for yesterday! back to the drawing board BF

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Feb 18, 11 4:29 AM
I couldn't do it! It's an OK game for people who like to "Find the difference". I had more of them then anything else and I DO NOT like them!!! The mini games were boring. I found this game "old". As someone else said, maybe it's because we are so used to the more advanced games that have become available to us. I made it for 35 minutes and just could not play anymore. I'm going to go uninstall it now. Have a happy day!

[Post New]by heatherington on Feb 18, 11 4:32 AM
Dunbarvance, welcome to the forums! everyone gets to voice their opinions as they see fit. Thanks for yours.

I'm downloading now so I'll wait and see. I can tell you one thing I hate STD's, I think we all do. I buy games for my mom and sister to play also and my mom does not like vampire games so I probably will not buy this game. But we'll see.

trout10
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Black lines top and bottom

[Post New]by trout10 on Feb 18, 11 4:35 AM
I am playing the trial version of this game and have a black lines top and bottom the game is only in the middle of screen i have gone onto settings but it says its on full screen very annoying.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Feb 18, 11 4:58 AM
Really disliked this one too. Grainey pictures don't begin to describe it, annoying "conversation" (reading) and too many awful mini-games including STD and a crappy move items into a diagonal line. Skip option is extremely slow. I quit after about 15 minutes. YUCK!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 18, 11 4:59 AM
The grapihcs were fair. The gameplay was HOG. However, even on hard mode, it was tooo easy. The storyline is sad as was the dialogue. This game is a boring piece of tripe.

This game is a F.

mspaws
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by mspaws on Feb 18, 11 5:08 AM
I rather enjoyed this game. I had no issues with finding objects, even with my bad eyes..but then I have a 24 inch monitor...I love HOG's so maybe that is why my opinion is different than the rest. I will say it is a little behind the times from what we are expecting now, but it is a fun game!

Paws

[Post New]by LoveBunny on Feb 18, 11 5:19 AM
What a complete waste of time !!!!! The ****'s are tiny...I spent two whole minutes trying to click on an arrow in the first **** scene, only to wait for the Hint to show me that I was clicking on the right arrow but apparently I wasn't clicking on it absolutely perfectly !!!!!. What a travesty of a game...whoever the developers are they ought to be taken round the back of the shed and shot for crimes against the gaming community and BG..you ought to be ashamed for displaying on your site !!!!

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Feb 18, 11 5:32 AM
Well, I was going to review this game but I found it to be a wasted effort. The general consensus is that this is a very amateurish and boring HOG . . .and I concur!
Doing a long-winded review on this mutt would be an exercise in futility and a waste of your time to even read it.
Dr.good

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 18, 11 5:45 AM
Thank you all for your comments. I was already afraid that the game only was a HOG. I won't waist my time to try it. No buy for me!
Back to Maestro.

texgma
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by texgma on Feb 18, 11 5:50 AM
What child developed this. It has to be the most boring I have seen in a long time.
Dialouge is terrible, items are so small you can;t find them. Not even for a lower
special price will I waste my money.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Feb 18, 11 6:08 AM
Everybody is entitled to their opinion - but nobody is entitled to be rude.

Saying that a game is "crap," "aweful," or "rubbish" because it is not the kind of game you want to play is not fair to the developers, and certainly not fair to the many gamers who do enjoy a more simple game.

And it's certainly not fair to compare it to a Collectors Edition iHOG that costs twice as much.

No, this is not a game for everyone, but this game is exactly what it is advertised to be - a straight HOG. Nothing fancy. The graphics are crisp and sharp, I haven't seen anything that could be described as "grainy" but the scene in the woods is rather monochromatic. The objects, once you find them, are usually sharp and readily identifyable as the object asked for - but yes, some of them are very tiny. Overall, though, in the hour I played, I never had to use more than one hint in any scene.

I'm still on the fence about purchasing, but I probably will since we have the $4.99 sale this weekend for members. Yes, the story could have been fleshed-out quite a bit, and I'm not too fond of talking paper dolls (the static cut-out people that slide in and out of the sides of the screen for the dialog) but it looks like it will give me a few hours of gaming at a decent price.

If you don't like it, go ahead and say you don't like it and why, and don't buy it - but please don't be nasty about it, and please don't order others not to buy or even download the game because you hated it.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 18, 11 6:12 AM
Yikes, clearly this isn't a popular game!! I'm not a fan of straight hidden object games either; for me they have had their day but that's not to say they aren't any good, just not my thing any more. Needless to say, any game that followed yesterday's offering was probably going to be a case of 'after the lord mayor's show' but I am surprised at how some games are being received lately. The tone of some comments is almost vitriolic; we seem to have become so sophisicated now that anything less than perfection is slated to the point of cruelty.

I do value the reviews of fishies like Goofyduck, CasualGran and a few others. They give a reason why they don't like a particular game. I get a little irritated with comments like 'waste of time', worst game ever' when they aren't accompanied by the reasons for these statements. I will give this game a try since I can't afford the CE that came out yesterday; who knows, I might get to like straight hidden object games again!

[Post New]by kangaroo555 on Feb 18, 11 6:13 AM
Won't buy. Thought I had the black screen of death, ended up being too many clicks on an object in the list. Graphics weren't great, too much talking about nothing. Mini games were repetitive right off the bat. All in all not challenging and flat out boring

[Post New]by angela1116 on Feb 18, 11 6:34 AM
in one word " BORING"

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Feb 18, 11 6:39 AM
Terrible game! Dark H0G scenes, had to use way too many hints. How the devs expect us to find dark on dark is a mystery. Story is worse than boring, it's stupid. With all the good games out there, I can't imagine why one would spend $ on a game like this. I wouldn't take it for $1.00.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 18, 11 6:48 AM
I love straight HOGs. Usually their replay value is far greater. For example, I feel I've got more than my money's worth with the Agatha Christie and Dream Day games. But this game is very odd. Did you listen to the sound effects? Very strange. Never like the STDs (we in England never do ). A no way in the world buy for me.

[Post New]by Charm_N on Feb 18, 11 7:22 AM
My first post as well... I won't say it's "the worst" as I've read all the posts so far on this game and it seems to "offend" some who tend to defend the developers of certain games. I will say that I love HOG's as a whole. Seems, to me, to be one of the great escapes of this era. I did not care for this game as I could not even figure out the first mini game. And, yes, I did look at everyones posts to read further instructions (other than "Diagonal, Left to Right") and still didn't quite get it. Perhaps that's a "personal problem" I would not, however, recommend this game nor will I buy it (even on sale). In order not to offend though, I will tell all who do try this game...good luck and happy HOGging everyone! BFG please continue to put out more HOG's as I will continue to try them all!! Still gotta love the "STD" usage. Back in my day that meant...well nevermind.

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 7:26:47 AM PST

[Post New]by amyrwa on Feb 18, 11 7:25 AM
Agreed! This games has horrible graphics and the click response on the items is often non existant. Yuck!

Rage74
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Rage74 on Feb 18, 11 7:30 AM
Curius: did anybody else notice that the male character shown on the thumbnail graphic looks suspiciously like Edward Cullen?

Go to: